Co-Op Mutation #233: Death is Fleeting

The only hard part of this Brutation is trying to trap all of the Void Reanimator, lol.

So you hit start mission, and once you’ve been matched with someone, the countdown timer starts. While it’s going, you hit the prestige button. When the game starts, you’ll have…full mastery? Or full levels + mastery? Just for that game of course.

That’s right, make sure you reset during the countdown otherwise it won’t work.
You will get full level + full Mastery (technically they are the same thing) it’s really neat, especially in Brutation!

Dang, wish I knew about this a few weeks ago. Nifty trick.

1 Like

But it only works if you win on that attempt. Had a Tychus ally with chokers on first night so my Mengsk is stuck on L1 for now.

2nd attempt was so easy with a good ally, we had to choose whether to wait for the bonus.

Clear it with P3 Nova (me) and Swann ally.

My ally defends and I just sabotage and nuke as many buildings I can in the whole game.

Cleared the side objective as well.

1 Like

Kerri + Karax

Kerrigan with Mutas cleaning (pref if she the stun prestige) and Karax defending with the boost to structure boost

This aint brutal 4 in my opinion, you just need a good pc KEKW

Death is Fleeting

Did somebody say DEATH FLEET!?

4 Likes

cleared brutation with karax p1 and vorazun but the lag was insane, I have a i7 6700k and a GTX 1080, time to update my cpu?

Karax p1 has some optimization issues, and SC2 only supports single core so your best bet is a computer capable of overclocking.

This Brutation honestly feels like it’s damn near impossible unless you are PERFECT. I’m on my 5th run so far and either have gotten nothing but offensive allies, or a Swann that just gets overrun. You NEED that Reanimator jail or this becomes basically impossible for two randoms. It’s so infuriating to play.

3 Likes

Did this in just under two nights playing Swann P1 with Nova P3 ally who cleared all the structures while I solo defended.

Pretty easy overall. Not sure how much help the P1 Swann actually was for this but the Laser did net 21k damage which isn’t terrible, but I think I would have done just as well with P0 and Laser masteries.

Not what I experienced.
At some point, I even saw a wave of infested (you know the one that come from the left to go to the main access) entirely reappear during daylight, and they were definitely not burning.
Same thing for special infested. All perfectly fine under the sun. I guess the Reanimator provide sunscreen as a special service.

5 Likes

Just took a look at my last replay, and I 100% confirm this is the case. Units that are revived from Void Reanimators DO NOT BURN FROM SUNLIGHT. What CtG says in the OP is a lie.

1 Like

From what I experienced, it seemed like reanimated units did burn in the morning. It’s just that any unit that wasn’t alive when the game switched from night to day would not start burning later. Basically, it’s not the sunlight that kills the infested. It’s the exact second in which it changes from night to day.

2 Likes

Which is bad programming. They really need to go back and change that.

its impossible to lose with Zeratul p2, by the 4th night infested basically dont even hurt your cannons anymore. Instead of it getting harder the longer the match goes on it just gets easier and easier.

For the first entrance, is it better to have your defenses out where the infested gather or at the choke point with a more narrow space?

I suppose it would depend on whether the defending commander has splash damage, like Swann in contrast to Photon Cannon commanders.

I mean, it would also be kind of a problem if reanimators got stuck reviving the same unit over and over because it died instantly upon reanimation.

the choke is always better. you can do more with less and save resources and supply for the other entrances.

I suppose in regular brutation mode chokers would be the problem with this strat :thinking: