Co-Op Mutation #231: Blasting Off Again

Yeah I didn’t bother with any static around the conduits, nukes and lava make that a fool’s errand. I just focused on carriers, upgrades with drones and repair beams they could deal with the lava bursts/spells and dodge the nukes.

Static in your BASE on the other hand, that’s useful if you build close enough to the mineral line that the nukes and lava won’t hit them.

Leveled Stukov P3 last week and decided to give that a try in this weeks mutation.

Worked really well 1 shot. Not a fan of this playstyle way to boring for my taste but it was very effective. Made a few barracks to send an extra burst of zombies on some critical moments and timing of the big cooldowns is also a good idea. Besides that just massive bunker building and replace the beacon a few times and drink some coffee :blush:

I beat it first try with Tychus P2 after previously beating it first try with Stukov P3. My Tychus P2 run had a lvl 8 Karax that didn’t do anything. I noticed Tychus P2 to be significantly better at this mutation than Stukov P3. Tychus P2 felt so strong on this mutation, it felt like I could easily solo it (ally did almost nothing that mission so it was almost like a solo anyway).

Stukov P3 works well just by macro’ing well. I’d recommend adding some more barracks for getting some burst power early on, since the bunkers themselves aren’t fully effective until around 16 mins. And creep spread is less than on usual maps since overlords can’t be out on the map spreading creep, so the infested don’t move fast until later. I had added in some Liberators to snipe the shuttles but didn’t use them much.

While the mutator safety zones apply, the radius and splash of nukes goes well into them, so can’t build anything near the top edges of the main and the expo has maybe 6 grid-blocks of safety around around the townhall. So not much space.

Ally was Karax P2 - it seems carriers with unity barrier and healing can take a few nukes to the face. We missed one of the bonuses and one shuttle in the last wave escaped, so overall, it was good.

Finished as lvl 11 Knowledge seeker on hard :slight_smile: … easy if ally does something as well, which is not always the case with those lvl 3, 1-base “no reason to build an army when it dies anyway” guys who stay with 3 units in their base or just in front the warp conduit but not go any further :rage: