Co-Op Mutation #230: Of One Mind

The way sharing is caring works has been explained so many times that I don’t know why there are still confused people. It just sums the supply of both players, 100/200 limits are untouched and depend on the commander you make, if stukov couldn’t make many bunkers it probably was cause you were using a lot of the supply.

but this effectively halves the effective max army size of you+ your ally right, unless you can build supply depots and increase max supply pass 200, which I don’t think you can based on all the text provided?

assuming i am understanding everything correctly, seems like hero solo + P2 Stetmann with spare supplies dumped into lings is the best way to go.

1 Like

Let the good times rolllllllllllllll.

Polarity…srsly pass

Ouch! Boom bots again :’(

And Polarity :’(.

Strange. On StarCraft 2 coop, I looked at all brutations (I missed most and when I did some, it was at casual, normal difficulty and a little at gard. First brutation I did was in august, the second after anniversary).

So on this site, I saw most mutations of the last 4 years were Brutal + 2, 3 and 4 (each with more then 40 brutations) . Then with almost 40 brutation, that was Brutal +1 that come in second most often place.

Then really rare, around only 15 Brutal +5 in 4 yeara and a half! And finally, only 1 single Brutal +6 since they invented Mutation.

Now, since weeks, all we get is Brutal +5 (except one Brutal +4, we got 4 (counting this one) Brutal +5.

What the hell is happening. It is suppose to be a rare difficulty, for some big challenge moment, not the usual difficulty!

Boom bots is fairly okay, it’s all about map vision, but this added with Polarity…ugh

Let me cross fingers that my ally actually makes defense for the first attack wave or we die right away, as this is Korhal map.

I still think they should redo the description of the Sharing is Caring mutator so that it’s less confusing. “Your ally’s units contribute to your supply cap” (when they normally don’t) shouldn’t be that hard to understand.

That said, this is one of the closest things you have to a Brutal+6 right here. (If you think Sharing is Caring is worth more than 2 points, then it practically is.) It’s actually surprising that the big difficulty isn’t the Boom Bots or the Polarity (though they are difficult), it’s the fact that every unit counts towards both players’ supplies, which means that both players will need to make do with armies half of their normal size.

I’m going to vote standard Abathur, Signal Savant Stetmann, Scourge Queen Zagara, or any hero solo commander as COTW. Lone Wolf Tychus may be viable if you can squeeze out three outlaws before your ally caps you off.

Tbh the description CtG wrote (which I guess is the official description in the game as well) does not make it exactly clear:

As all units contribute to individual caps of both commanders, not to one combined supply cap.
This may of course lead to the impression that the current behavior is a bug and the caps should indeed be combined (=added together), but then the mutator wouldn’t make the game harder :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course details are available at the websites mentioned:

1 Like

Does Blaze ultimate gear reduce the boom bot nuke damage to 30?

If so, he can be a literal wall :o

Deja vu for me. Last I did Polarity AND Sharing Is Caring was for a Brutation on Verm. Problem.

However, that was much easier. Nice thing about VP is gathering crystals aren’t affected by Polairty. Me as Karax, ally as Fenix (or Artanis?). I made a few scant Sentinels, and relied on frontline towers and SoA so that it’d be more supply for my partner.

I’m thinking P3 Karax will have a ball with this one (although it’ll still be tough).

But he would need to kite the boom bots … easier to have a permanent detector (stettelite or toxic nest) giving enough of time to disarm the bots.

Signal savant Stetman is one of the most overrated pristege for Boom Bot especially when Best Buddy is vastly superior, unless your teammate is ramping up so slowly that he cannot keep up at a reasonable pace. Yes, you can spread faster, but still not into contested territory when they can be shot down immediately. Once you unlock level 7, and especially mastery, the cooldown is a non factor.

Stetlite being untargetable is not a plus when boombot blowing up your Stetlite actually buys you time. Speed is the essence for Sharing is Caring when you effectively have half of your army size, so you really want to speed clear with commanders that have strong early game and not need the supplies.

I don’t think the Sharing is caring is the hardest part. For some commanders (with 100 cap), sure. But if you have canonrushing zeratul, hero-solo Kerrigan or UE-only Abathur then there should not be many issues with supply.

Regarding Brutal+rating, you’re right that this is actually not Brutal+5 (which is 15-16 points), but probably Brutal+5+ (with 17 pts), or Brutal+6

That said, I think I will be doing this week on hard only :smiley:

I think you don’t need unkillable stettelite when the disabled ones still provide vision. (And I think only propagators can kill them completely.) Especially when you can use Supergary with stettzone to place stettelites behind enemy lines.

I only made 10 creeper hosts.
Hmm ok from lack of reply looks like other people I guess mutation adding maximum supply work for others.

Precisely, the power spike you get from Super Gary lets you run the map super fast and as long as your teammate can somewhat keep up (you can still tank for him despite polarity) and with green zone, is a much better approach.

I thing Stet is going to be king when Boombots is involved, and as long as it’s not something that scales like Black Death, Best Buddy will always be the go to.

I think Artanis or Dehaka are the perfect allies for Mengsk because of the max supply start.
Otherwise he’s forced to slow down his crazy start.

that doesn’t help your teammate in any way though. You don’t share max supply. But yeah, I see your point about at least not supply blocking your teammate’s Mengsk.

1 Like

but if you fast expand and with how fast he can build workers, your ally will need to build more and more supply to reach the current cap, slowing his expansion.

Artanis and Dehaka start with max supply cap, they will not be limited by that

his calldowns don’t avoid this?

Hmm, after dropping 2 supply bunkers, he should have some free supply, I guess (but still should build at least 1 more bunked)
Poor ally, then. :smiley: