Co-Op Mutation #220: Shared Pain

Moebius Corps’ experimental implosive plating warps the space in its immediate vicinity and drags anything into the vacuum left, forcing armies to break formation and collide among themselves. Ensure that your forces are firmly set in order to minimize damage.

Diffusion - Damage dealt to enemies is split evenly across all nearby units, including your own.
Fatal Attraction - When enemy units and structures die, any of your nearby units are pulled to their location.

Rating:

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

Player 1                                   Player 2
[CtG (Stukov)] Piky (Artanis)
[CtG (Alarak)] Endarthe (Tychus)
[CtG (Nova)] Ancalagon (Vorazun)
[CtG (Abathur)] Iswald (Dehaka)
[CtG (Karax)] Endarthe (Fenix)
[CtG (Raynor)] Iswald (Han and Horner)
[CtG (Zeratul)] [Hunter (Zagara)]
[CtG (Stetmann)] [Hunter (Kerrigan)]

[Reddit Post Link]

Notes:

• Fatal attraction pulls all units within 9 range of any unit and infested killed. Any unit pulled is stunned for the duration of the pull.
  • Diffusion affects units within 5 range of the enemy damaged.
  • Diffiusion affects your buildings also.
  • Fatal attraction stops workers from mining. The top expansion base is particularly susceptible to this.
  • 0 or 1 supply unit = 0.2 second pull
    1 supply = 0.4 second pull
    4 supply = 0.6 second pull
  • Static defense and sieged/burrowed units do not get pulled in.

Commander of the Week: https://www.strawpoll.me/20343779
Mutation difficulty: https://www.strawpoll.me/20343780
Do you like this mutation? https://www.strawpoll.me/20343781

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com

8 Likes

Diffusion+Fatal Attraction+ Stukov = frame drop …ㅠ

Stukov+Swann clear.

#220 Mutation (Shared Pain) play list.

2 Likes

Hmm Abathur is probably the star for this one. Mend, Brutalisk, Leviathan and Burrowed Swarm Hosts with Deep Tunnel could crush this one easily.

This mutation isn’t too difficult, well compare to the Mines and Robots.
I dare say, blue levels can take advantage of this week’s brutation and get the massive points.

Did it with Lv7 Zagara and Artanis Partner. Instantaneous +Lv 3, cha ching.

Don’t underestimate diffusion Mobius hybrid. It may be a lot easier than last week, but it’s not a total walk week.

1 Like

A lotta long range commanders will be good for this one. My money’s on Swann, his default army comp keeps everything at a distance anyway

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Zeratul’s cannons don’t get pulled in. So a mass cannon strategy might be optimal.

Will probably go Swann, sieged tanks don’t get pulled either.

well, this’ll be interesting…better than last week’s for sure, couldn’t even beat it, hopefully this week’s mutation will have a different outcome.

Watch the vids above and check out the guide for your chosen commander on starcraft2coop.com and you’ll be able to do this one.

Easy and annoying
Swarm hosts aren’t really great due to diffusion, and locusts have only 2 range so…

Want to try this with random allies ^^.

Zagara will be fine for this. Mengsk (artillery) seems to be nice too, kekeke

Nova Solo
I will up load to YouTube next time :slight_smile:
www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Pv411B7D3

3 Likes

Huh, I expected this to be easier … I got 3 games as Kerrigan (on Brutal) against Zerg with summoning Hybrids

• first try with lvl7 Stetmann, who build only zerlings :frowning:
  • second with Artanis who was good, until he got disconnected after loading his maxed out army into an Omega worm, so I could not use it nor build a new one :frowning:
  • finally completed (+bonus, ocfourse, because otherwise it does not count :wink: ) on 3rd try with another Artanis

I think I need to learn how to solo these things.

Anyway, Guardian Shell seems veeery useful in this.
Ultralisks are okay :slight_smile: they are not immune to the pull, but at least they survive for some time.

And enemy Broodlors are super annoying; I try to focus fire them, but units keep cancelling that command and switching to the broodlings

1st Attempt: Failed as Abathur with Karax.
2nd: Failed as Abathur with Karax
3rd: Failed as Abathur with Zeratul. Almost got this one. Couldn’t break through the enemy defense to reach the final cell.
4th: Succeeded as Swann with Zeratul. We even got the bonus.

Wheww it’s harder than I thought. You need the Hercules for Siege tanks. Otherwise, time will be against you.

After I beat the mutation as Swann, I decided to do Artanis for experiment. I heard Guardian Shell is very useful and Someone said the same too. I wanted to test it out.

1st attempt with Raynor ally. Easy. I don’t have any trouble as Artanis and we got the bonus too. My ally seem to struggled a bit but he managed to pulled through.

2nd attempt with Zagara ally. Sadly, my ally left the game right when the game start. I stayed and tried to solo it. Beat the game. Artanis make this mutators easy mode. Lol. I skipped the bonus though. I posted up the link below. Just copy it and paste the link in the search bar.

drop.sc/replay/15281797

Another mutation on “The Girl who cried Hybrid”. Uugh.

Why does everyone insist on attacking the first Hybrid even though the timer is running way down? The Hybrid’s not going anywhere (usually) but time is.

1st & 2nd attempts: ran out of time

3rd attempt successful, as Vorazun with random Dehaka ally, on US. Went DT+Corsair but should have gone DT+Stalker, coz it was Devouring Scourge so my Corsairs got wiped, not enough Black Holes. Built late game Stalkers to for anti-air.

4th, 5th, 6th attempts - with random allies on Asia: Dehaka, Karax, Alarak - all failed coz ran out of time. Allies were busy on the first hybrid and I kept losing units (not enough micro).

This mission needs an “always on” and large timer on the right side. People keep not noticing it. All my allies were level 100-700, so not noobs.

If your ally insists on killing the Hybrid, just keep getting parts. The only downside to constantly get parts before attacking the first hybrid and not doing Parts --> Hybrid --> Parts --> Hybrid --> Parts --> Hybrid is that you miss out on the bonus 2-3 mins that gets added on each time you complete getting parts for each Hybrid. Maybe it gets added on when the Balius starts its run for each Hybrid, but by then both have large enough armies and I’ve cleared out the bases.

Also, what happens with Fatal Attraction when you add in Minesweeper, optionally also with Magnificent? Kill one mine, your army gets pulled in, sets off the other spider+widow mines and mags and everything explodes. Work around that by killing mines with just one unit on a suicide mission.

Or Fatal Attraction with Propagators? I imagine that needs a “perfect run” to work, coz if even one propagates, then as soon as you kill any one poop, you get pulled in and the other poop poops your units. Rinse & repeat to defeat. Seems like a purely Zagara, Abathur, Raynor (spider mine) mutation.

7th/8th attempt, Vora with a random Stukov ally, on Asia. Successful. Finally someone who prioritized getting parts over fighting the Hybrid.

9th/10th attempt, Vora (level 45) with random Swann ally on EU. Successful.

With non-heroic or non-heavy units, prepare for heavy loses. Build enough production to be able to re-max fast. Lost 1/2 my DT’s and 2/3rd’s of my Corsairs over the course of the game (stats via Maguro’s Co-op overlay).

Even after the 3rd Hybrid was out, kept getting parts to buy time. Good thing too coz ally lost most of their units while fighting the 3rd and had to make more.

And expect massive FPS drops when dealing with enemy waves or pushing into bases.

1 Like