Co-Op Mutation #217: Hot 'n' Cold

I mean they basically locked all the good features that you can use on every other platform/forum behind a very silly arbitrary number. Then called it a day.

I love coop, but I don’t think it’s reasonable to:

1. Visit 50% of 100 Days. People have lives, not spending half of their time visiting the forum (I’m a poor example :joy:, yet I don’t have that level 3).
  2. Read 500 topics in the last 100 days. There aren’t even that many topics for coop…
  3. Read 20k posts created in the last 100 days. Again, not even that many posts… that’s 200 posts read per day for 100 days… like W the T and F lol.
  4. This is probably the worst one. Don’t have too strong an opinion because the internet is definitely not an easily offended place, and you’ll definitely never get flagged - once flagged, goodbye forever to level 3 :+1:.

They also have arbitrarily granted people with level 3, you know because that’s also a thing.

A bit off topic but yeah, pretty crazy stuff… compare to level 2 (Entered 20 topics, read 100 posts, spent 1 hr reading, visited 15 days total). Like um, alrighty.

2 Likes

The trust level thing is very buggy. Often prominent posters in all the game communities are randomly not getting higher trust levels, and people who rarely post coming to find they’d been abruptly promoted to trust level 3 for no clear reason.

Yes, you are level 2.

You can get around that by spam opening and closing threads in any sub-forum, not just co-op. Technical Issues and Bug Report has heaps of threads to help crank up the stats. And you don’t need to actually “read” anything.

Lol, I know that but what purpose does that serve? Just so I can get that level 3?

I mean if they want to put a gate on that it’s fine lol. I’m just pointing out how stupid it all is.

It’s their job to ban/punish anyone who abuse the trust level. Instead, they just went “nah, let’s not make people use them so no work”. Lol

1 Like

Yes. I need dat level 3.

3 Likes

And you absolutely should get it, especially for your excellent contribution to the forum and coop.

It shouldn’t be that tedious though. I remember for a long while it couldn’t be formatted the way you wanted it.

lol I think CtG was j/k. He’s already level 3. You can tell from the first post up top. Links and images embedded everywhere, that’s level 3 stuff. I assume it was manually assigned to him, as it should be, rather than grinded to by reading a million threads or a billion posts. (Spam opening probably works.)

And you can verify it by the groups section of his user profile data. Being in the group "trust_level_3" means just that: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/sc2/u/CtG-1641.json.

Here are some user counts as of right now:

• Trust Level 0: 13,560 (total forum members?)
  • Trust Level 1: 3,834
  • Trust Level 2: 874
  • Trust Level 3: 110

Lol I know he is, otherwise he won’t be able to make his posts the way he does xD. But thanks anyway.

I assume it was manually assigned to him, as it should be, rather than grinded to by reading a million threads or a billion posts. (Spam opening probably works.)

He complains on his discord from time to time when he losses the lvl3 status and you aren’t told why so he has to make sure he meets all the requirements and do some spam replies and opening threads, I don’t think it’s manually assigned to anyone.

Aside from Blizzard employees and forum MVPs.

In retrospect, that makes sense - the two about viewing 500 topics and reading 20,000 posts in the last 100 days seems like why he might occasionally lose TL3:

TRUST LEVEL 3

Get to trust level 3 by…

• Must have visited at least 50% of last 100 days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 500 topics
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000 posts (both starting posts and replies)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended (including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game)

I’m surprised that the regular posters/debaters aren’t all TL3.
Btw, what’s the cool-off on that last one? (ie a 12-hour forum suspension)

Yeah, TL2 to TL3 is a ridiculous spike. But as long as I can post links with backticks, I’m okay.

It’s super annoying because often newer commenter will require a well known source.

So everyone has to do the work around to link it because all the good sources are external.

And the suspension is arbitrary in length as far as I know. 0 repeal, just a message (the one time it happened for me). The dude at the other end when I submitted a ticket was just like “keep being active, yay!”. And that was half a year ago.

2 Likes

Yes. On maps when there is non-safe zone between main and expansion (like Chain of Ascension where I think the Lava Burst mutation was last time) you should build CC on-site instead of trying to fly or walk it from the main.
Strangely, my Omega worms did not seem to be targeted by lava burst (some died to it, but it was not like with units where you look away for 5 seconds and half your army is gone).

Also I expect large units like Alexander or Hyperion not to last for very long …

I wouldn’t worry about that one that much - it does not say never flagged, just never suspended and never received more than 5 flags confirmed by a moderator.

I wonder how much time and effort you have to invest just for the sake of keeping the status. :tired_face: Or do you need to write to a mod every now and then to remind them that you are a good boy and deserve the rank? :heart:

Swann annihilates this map with mass wraith without any help from herculeses. Don’t forget to research passive regen and get a couple of science vessels staying at base.

Daamn! I wasn’t aware your TL could actually go down! So on top of the steep requirements to get there, you need to add the extra work to stay there!?

Definitely one of those “the juice isn’t worth the squeeze” situations. On the plus side, it does make getting to Ascension lv1000 less tedious by comparison :smile:

The regen passive researched at the Armory got a buff a while back. It’s really nice now. Before, it’s like “watching paint dry”. Now, you blink, and your hp goes up in noticeable and non-trivial amounts! I actually get this as a staple!

2 Likes

Did it as Stetmann (Brutal) and a random ally as Karax (Brutal).
Extremely easy mutation this week.
I went for mass corruptors, spammed their air aoe ability and filled the map with satellites for fast movement and heal if caught up in a storm cloud.

Same here. From the SC2coop dot com site:

Lava Bursts deal 5 (+2 vs. Armored) damage per 0.125 seconds (40 DPS) to non-heroic units.

Corsairs have 120 HP & 60 Shields, so lava bursts will destroy them in about 4.5 secs.

Add blizzards:

It also deals 5 damage per second to all units in its range.

So a Corsair over a lava burst and inside a blizzard, will last 4 seconds and Blizzards make moving out of them harder.

I went with Oracle + Corsairs. Getting out of a blizzard in the wrong direction can wipe out your entire force. (Blizzards go left to right-ish, so if you get stuck in one, turn left or out the nearest edge.) Getting stuck in a blizzard and then moving rightwards == being in the blizzard longer.

Had a Stetmann ally, so 10 FPS for the first wave, 2 to 5 FPS for the second, and then maybe 0.5 FPS for the last two waves. Messaged ally in-mission with “sorry this is the best I can do at 1 FPS”, since they had to do most of the hard work, and I just tried to snipe Shuttles. We missed 3 or 4 in total.

Also did it as lvl 38 Zeratul, with Nova ally. Missed 2 shuttles, but meh. Was easier to manage the army since you can put them in the Void Arrays. Parked one over each Warp Gate, so they only take blizzard damage and didn’t need to worry about them much.

:frowning:

1 Like

I went with Tychus and my Core Four (Tychus, Nakira, Sirius, Vega), and swung from side to side with the medivacs. Since I have to keep a close eye on these four anyway, this was very straightforward. My partner was Dehaka, who used burrowing Dehaka and calldowns.

Very straightforward mutation!

I’d say very unstraightforward, because you know, you can’t move straight while dodging lava and blizzards. Try to play it as Karax, this could be very relaxing.

1 Like

Ugh so much politics in this forum, lets just play some stupid game and leave some stupid comments.

1 Like