Co-Op Mutation #205: Call It A Comeback

The hardest wars are those of attrition. The temple is under siege, Amon’s army is both resilient and fanatical, and Moebius engineers are ready to take over your abandoned buildings. Hold out as long as you can, and hope it is enough.

Avenger - Enemy units gain increased attack speed, armor, and life when nearby enemy units die.
Eminent Domain - Enemies gain control of your structures after destroying them.
Just Die! - Enemy units are automatically revived upon death.

Rating:

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

Player 1                                   Player 2
[CtG (Zeratul)] Piky (Alarak)
[CtG (Stukov)] Ancalagon (Vorazun)
[CtG (Arcturus)] [Ancalagon (Karax)]
[CtG (Fenix)] [Spohky (Raynor)]
[CtG (Dehaka)] Piky (Kerrigan)
[CtG (Tychus)] Ancalagon (Zagara)
[CtG (Stetmann)] [Hunter (Abathur)]
[CtG (Nova)] [Spohky (Artanis)]

[Reddit Post Link]

Notes:

• All enemy units revive upon death. Enemy buildings and Zenith Stones do not revive. Void Thrashers revive.
  • Buildings that burn down will revive for Amon.
  • Eminent Domain does not work on stetellites, toxic nests, or omega worms.
  • The wall strategy still works, but the most consistent way to do it is when the enemies that kill the building are between the Temple and the wall.
  • Avenger can buff units up to ten times, with each increasing HP and shields by 10%, life regen by 1 per second, armor by 0.3, and attack and movement speed by 10%.
  • Units that get the Avenger buff also grow in size to give players a visual indicator.
  • Mind controlling units will make them lose all their mutator buffs.

Commander of the Week: https://www.strawpoll.me/19465856
Mutation difficulty: https://www.strawpoll.me/19465857
Do you like this mutation? https://www.strawpoll.me/19465858

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com

5 Likes

Call It a Comeback!.
im 1st clear artanis. longtime no see! psionic storm. haha.

#205 Mutation Call It a Comeback play list…

1 Like

Lava Burst kills heroic units super fast comparing to regular units (the lava also deals damage equal to 25% of the heroic unit’s health per second).

Tychus’ outlaws are all heroic, so they melt incredibly fast if one of them is in the wrong place at the wrong time (live footage of that https://youtu.be/hU3iid7Bffk)

1 Like

If i understood correctly, the dude noticed that the commander of the week was chosen incorrectly and hinted at Tychus. Your info has nothing to do.

This week seem like a fun mutation. Can’t wait to get dumpster on.

1 Like

And that has to do with what exactly?

Nothing. Lava Burst is only dangerous when you actually have to look away from your army to do base management. Tychus is easy mode for stuff like this because you never need to take your eyes off his units, and you only have to micro 5 of them.

The amount of damage the bursts actually do is negligible after that.

This feels repetitive. How do you guys do these every week?

Avoid killing units around the last set of thrashers else face a +10000hp monster that takes up half the screen.

1 Like

Another defensive map, great :unamused:

First try was a bust cuz I had a Kerrigan ally who would just kill all the units instead of letting them die to my toxic nests. His excuse was, “This is brutation. There is plenty of biomass.”

That alone showed how much of a noob he was. First, the amount of units spawned are the same. Second, it’s not about how much biomass there is in the game, it’s about getting my ultimate evolutions out as soon as possible. So when the waves hit on both sides, I was screwed cuz I only had enough for one brutalisk.

Second game went perfect. Had a Tychus who lured the enemy into the nests. Amazing how much a difference it is when an ally works with you instead of against you.

4 Likes

Made an honest attempt or two, before attempting to cheese it with Karax. Didn’t get the memo that Blizz patched that method. Felt bad for the Zag I was with, because I lost my mind and they carried me all the way to the last 60 seconds before losing. Went in with Zeratul, got a Stettman, walked out with a win.

I don’t understand. Why are we discussing lava bursts? Is it a hidden mutation this week or something?

1 Like

From last week. People wanna argue Tychus isn’t the best CO from last week, even though, the poll said so. I’m just attempting to explain why.

Oh I see. ZeratulAndre withdrew his post, that’s why I can’t see the original comment.

Cleared this week mutation with Abathur (me) and Tychus (ally). Completed 2/3 side objective though.

Mass Devourers, 8 Queens and Roaches against Siege Tank/Marine composition.

Those flying hybrids were quickly get destroyed by mass devourers.

Brutation was fairly easy as Zagara with Abathur Partner. 3/3 Bonus. Just remember to focus fire the Thrashers on the Double Thrasher wave, otherwise you might end up with a Avenger Thrasher that has 10k Health and Shield like my Abathur Partner did :laughing: :sweat_smile:

The wall does not work with terran. Your buildings are destroyed and not converted.

As you can see in one of CtG’s videos (the rare time Ancalagon posts a video), the Eminent Domain Wall still works, but you have to get enemy units to destroy the wall from the inside (as they did, by using sentinels to lure the first attack wave across the map). Simply destroying them yourself or letting them burn down is not an option, since the checks to determine whether a building will flip to the enemy are a bit more complicated since the last time Eminent Domain was offered on Temple of the Past.

That said, using Eminent Domain to funnel units through a very tight pass may still be strategically worthwhile; the enemy will still not destroy their own buildings.

Played this as Alarak/Tychus. Peaked my APM at 400, and sat at around 300 during any given fight. The game was REALLY rough, but we managed to survive.