Co-Op Mutation #201: Dance Dance Evolution

The Terrazine has altered your enemies in unexpected ways. Increased adrenaline triggers unpredictable transformations and each new death unleashes new hostile forms. The most powerful of them have even developed weapons disabling abilities

Moment of Silence - When a Heroic enemy unit dies all player units around it will reflect on their sins, unable to attack or use their abilities.
Speed Freaks - Enemy units have double their normal movement speed.
Transmutation - Enemy units have a chance to transform into more powerful units whenever they deal damage.

Rating:

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

Player 1                                   Player 2
[CtG (Abathur)] Neometal (Artanis)
[CtG (Swann)] Mazso (Karax)
[CtG (Alarak)] Aommaster (Raynor)
[CtG (Nova)] Ancalagon (Stetmann)
[CtG (Vorazun)] Ancalagon (Zagara)
[CtG (Dehaka)] Ancalagon (Stukov)
[CtG (Zeratul)] Ancalagon (Tychus)

[Reddit Post Link]

Transmutation Tiers

Tier Unit
0 Broodling/Other units
1 Zergling, Marine, Baneling
2 Reaper, Zealot, Roach, Hellion, Widow Mine, Hellbat
3 Marauder, Firebat, Adept, Sentry, Hydralisk
4 Stalker, Dragoon, Mutalisk, Goliath, High Templar
5 Viking, Warhound, Phoenix, Infestor, Banshee, Scout, Viking
6 Siege Tank, Oracle, Cyclone, Ghost, Swarm Host, Lurker
7 Ravager, Immortal, Archon, Voidray, Disruptor, Liberator
8 Broodlord, Ultralisk, Battlecruiser, Thor, Carrier, Tempest, Reaver
9 Loki, Hybrid Nemesis, Hybrid Reaver, Hybrid Destroyer
10 Hybrid Behemoth, Hybrid Dominator

Notes:

• Whenever an enemy kills one of your units, it transforms. Avoid losing ANYTHING whenever possible.
  • Enemies transform into tiers based on the supply of the units they kill. An enemy that kills a Zealot (2 supply) will level two tiers.
  • Enemy units, upon transforming, return to full health. Make sure to focus the strong ones before they become Hybrids.
  • Speed freaks only affects movement speed, not attack speed.
  • Moment of Silence [has 8 range]. Units affected can move, but not attack.
  • Buildings are IMMUNE to Moment of Silence.

Commander of the Week: https://www.strawpoll.me/19465832
Mutation difficulty: https://www.strawpoll.me/19465833
Do you like this mutation? https://www.strawpoll.me/19465834

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com

7 Likes

hahaha… change Mutation…

#201 Mutation Dance Dance Evolution play list…

Played with Zagara because I forgot how Transmutation works. In the last wave, I must have conjured at least 15 Hybrid Dominators :smiley: We still made it by the skin of our teeth.

1 Like

Huh, weekly mutations are now semi-weekly? :open_mouth:

1 Like

The last mutation was a bug, something was wrong with implementing this one so it cycled back to the first mutation they made. It’s unclear whether this one will be extended or just a short one.

1 Like

Ez Muta, unless of course u get paired with idiots that go mass small units and feed like no tomorrow

Well this was a fun little surprise. Went in as Karax, got matched with a Tychus. Didn’t do the side missions, but handled the main one with little problems. Even though the game ended with like… 6 or so Dominators playing with my Carriers.

Chaotic, but doable.

You know that the interceptors feed transmutation, right? Not sure what made you think carriers were a good idea.

2 Likes

Beat it with Vorazun (me) and Tychus (ally) against Terran ground composition.

Cleared all bonuses as well.

Vorazun is very good in this mutation as long as she wasn’t against air composition.

1 Like

Played twice and both times got the easiest Terran composition (the one with lot of marines/medics/marauders).

Was really easy with Zeratul + Dark Templar just blinking and one-shotting them.

My Swann ally also cleared the bigger waves that had siege tanks using nukes and lasers.

Depends on the Air Comp, I just beat it as Tychus with a Vorazun Partner against Skytoss and it was a breeze. My Vorazun ally went Dark Archons and MC’d every Carrier that came into existence.

2 Likes

Also Vorazun’ corsairs wipe out any air wave if you have black hole.

2 Likes

Yes, and I like living dangerously.

Great mission for Vorazun. Between cloak, black hole, disruption webs, statis wards, and time stop, spead freaks and transmutation are shut down hard.

1 Like

Beat it as tychus and artanis ally against towering walkers(immo + collosi)

Artanis went mass Phoenix + zealot/dragoon support

I went for Sam, but honestly should’ve gone for Sirius, because nyoom-brids are hard to catch + buildings are immune to moment of silence and provide a decent dmg and tanking + anti air.

Basically should’ve been: Sirius, rattlesnake, nux, blaze(for tanking) or nikara(for heals and dmg buff)
Edit: Vega might work for snatching some units, but it needs testing.
Edit 2: Since when are building immune to transmutation?

Sirius turrets feed units, so be glad you didnt

They aren’t immune. Units will still transform 1 tier up when they kill something that takes less than 1 supply, and this also applies to structures.

They aren’t. Enemies can transmute when they deal damage to structures, and killing structures will still make enemies transmute one tier up.

I made that edit because instead of monet of silence I said that buildingz were immune to transmutation

1 Like