Co-Op Mutation #200: Train of the Dead

The infested terrans on Tarsonis are everywhere. They’re in the ground. They’re on the trains. Before long, they’ll be in your base. And you may never see them coming.

Walking Infested - Enemy units spawn Infested Terran upon death in numbers according to the unit’s life.
Outbreak - Enemy Infested Terrans spawn continuously around the map.
Darkness - Previously explored areas remain blacked out on the minimap while outside of player vision.

Rating:

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

Player 1                                   Player 2
[CtG (Zeratul)] [Hunter (Karax)]
[Sintharius (Nova)] Aznhopeful (Stetmann)
[Hunter (Vorazun)] drake (Arcturus)
[CtG (Swann)] [Hunter (Zagara)]
[CtG (Kerrigan)] [Hunter (Stukov)]
Time Wave Origin
4:00 Attack 10:00 entrance
5:00 Train 10:00 entrance
6:00 Attack 4:00 exit
7:00 Attack 10:00 entrance
8:00 Train 9:00 entrance
10:00 Attack 4:00 exit
11:00 Train 10:00 entrance
12:00 Bonus 7:00 entrance
13:00 Attack 10:00 entrance
14:00 Double Train 9:00, 10:00 entrances
16:00 Attack 10:00 entrance
17:00 Train 9:00 entrance
19:00 Attack 4:00 exit
20:00 Double Train 9:00, 10:00 entrances
21:00 Bonus 7:00 entrance
22:00 Attack 10:00 entrance
23:00 Train 9:00 entrance

[Reddit Post Link]

Other Notes:

• This is the second repeat of Train of the Dead.
  • The train and enemy waves are not revealed on the map, however you do get to see the part of the tracks that you have vision on.
  • Infested spawn from the buildings continuously. Aberrations start spawning at 20 mins.
  • Destroying all buildings will prevent the infested from spawning.
  • The attack waves and trains are not marked on the minimap until you have vision of them, or the tracks where the trains go through.
  • The trains spawn a lot of infested.

Commander of the Week: https://www.strawpoll.me/19467942
Mutation difficulty: https://www.strawpoll.me/19467943
Do you like this mutation? https://www.strawpoll.me/19467944

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com

5 Likes

omg… 3th Train of the Dead…

#1, #70 overlap #200 Mutation Train of the Dead play list…

Time to inflate the kill count.

I suppose now’s the time for that Devolution Retribution achievement.

2 Likes

Aah, that’s one way to celebrate the 200th weekly mutation. Even when it’s rated “Brutal +2”, this feels so painfully easy compared to some of the things we’ve faced. Still, nothing wrong with a few easy ones once in a while.

3 Likes

They should rename it, “Mobius Corpse trains.”

15 Likes

ESO camping wins again, like always on OE since Mengsk happened.

More swann I guess…

Whoever is charged with adding the new mutations to the list after the last set is done, you had one job.

5 Likes

Ive done the train mission so many damn times I could almost do the damn thing blind lol, so darkness is like not even a thing.

2 Likes

Yeah, I Still cleared the entire BASE…
Srsly some Brutal +1 is harder than this!

I’m very disappointed at the repeat mutation.

This is my imagination but hear me out…
It is possible that they will release New mutation and alternate them with the old ones.
There are 15 unrelased Mutation stored in Data bank, so if they alternate every one of them it would be 30 weeks = 210days = 7 months at most.
I suspect that Blizzard is buying time to rectify other games such as Warcraft 3 and develop Overwatch game as producing new Blizzard Games (they are attempting this).
I also suspect that they will push back the patches and warchest a bit since Blizzard needs to focus on games that makes profits so the company can stay afloat (SC2 is not exactly a cashcow tbat Blizzard needs).

True. Done as Mengsk with a Tychus ally. Easy.
Had 12 ESO’s, total of three tanks (one at ally’s ramp for the Infested), 3-4 Prides and bunker line at the top rail.

The third link seems to direct to the old poll instead of a new one. Over 100 people voted there already, and that seems slightly too much for a new poll.
slightly :v

This looks like another Swann CoTW.

This sounds easy as heck with Swann.

Did it with Raynor and Swann. Missed the second bonus train though - darkness made me forget about it lol

It is not good against outbreak. You need bunkers.

Just a little fixing. It is “3rd”.

It’s awesome Vs outbreaks, Just get some vision over the cliffs and you have all the time to bombard/ kill em.

Or be lazy and put 1 siege tank/bunker at the entrance’s.

Failed it once cause we started to slow and we got swarmy Zerg.
Easy peasy second time around when we where prepared for the first wave.
Ended with 23 earth splitters, 3 level 3 siege tank/2 marauders, a level 3 Augustrad and 2200 kills…
I love Mengsk but they REALLY should hard limit his splitter to 8/10…(sorry for the nerf haters)

2 Likes

CotW looks to go to Zeratul, but why? He’s not special.