Co-Op Mutation #192: Inordinate Response

Prolonged exposure to the Void Slivers has given your enemies new and unexpected powers. Their strength and speed grow as they get angrier. Deal with them carefully.

Avenger - Enemy units gain increased attack speed, armor, and life when nearby enemy units die.
Power Overwhelming - All enemy units have energy and use random abilities.

Rating:

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

[Reddit Post Link]

Notes:

• Abilities used by the enemy include Abduct, Black Hole, Defensive Matrix, Disabling Cloud, Disruption Web, Force Field, Fungal Growth, Guardian Shield, Graviton Beam, [Hybrid Structure Disable Thing], Irradiate, Parasitic Bomb, Point Defense Drone, Psionic Orb, Psionic Storm, Seeker Missile, Snipe, Time Warp.
  • Avenger can buff units up to ten times, with each increasing HP and shields by 10%, life regen by 1 per second, armor by 0.3, and attack and movement speed by 10%.
  • Units that get the Avenger buff also grow in size to give players a visual indicator.
  • There is no means to determine what spells each enemy unit has until they actually use it.
  • Dehaka does not get the psionic buff from devouring units, even though everyone s a spellcaster. The unit tag still takes precedence
  • Mind controlling units will make them lose all their mutator buffs.

Commander of the Week: https://www.strawpoll.me/19147261
Mutation difficulty: https://www.strawpoll.me/19147262
Do you like this mutation? https://www.strawpoll.me/19147263

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com

5 Likes

Where is the commander tier list for last week?

Hmm…Looks like an Abathur mutation. Vipers to shut down all the spell casting and roaches to slow down the attack speed of ground units.

this week… mengsk week~

#192 Mutation Inordinate Response play list…

2 Likes

Your friendly reminder that disruption web still doesn’t disable energy spells

2 Likes

Had a nova ragequit on me at 3rd sliver cause dude kept suiciding his units. Then solod it with mengsk lol

Power Overwhelming cannot be shut down by CC. Blinding Cloud, Disruption Web, Black Holes all do not work. They can even cast during Time Stop.

3 Likes

Wow this mutation feels like playing a normal match of co-op.

I don’t think there is a single co-op commander who is unvaible this week.

Managed to brute force it with Tychus and Zeratul.

Not a particular difficult mutation, especially if you skip the bonus.

Was wanting to play as Karax, so went in with him. Snuck a Probe to the west of the Sliver blocking the expansion and setup a wall there to kill the Sliver and act as a wall against west based incomings. Abathur partner did their Abathur thing until I got carriers and upgrades online; then we rolled around the field killing stuff. Let the last incoming reach the base (with minimal units) while we focused the last sliver down. Nice and smooth.

1 Like

Got it first try. Our main base got destroyed at the end because I don’t have enough firepower against air units. I hate they can cast special abilities even during Time Stop.

Beat it twice as Dehaka. Once with a vorazun and once with a stukov. Dehaka / Primal calldowns / swarm hosts and their evolved form were enough to brute force through the map.

3 Likes

Pretty easy as Tychus with a Zagara partner against Terran Air. Used Vega to mine control the Avenger Battlecruisers (they lose their avenger buff tho, but gets them off the playing field) and push in with Tychus when Odin + Nuke is up.

Mengsk laughed at this mutation.

Earth Splitter is amazing here.

Took it down with Tychus and a Mengsk ally. Used my usual team of Tychus, Rattlesnake, Vega, Reaper and Warhound.

Vega seems SUPER valuable this week because she can just dominate any non-Hybrid unit that has avenger on them instantly taking them out. Even better if they’re a Battlecruiser or Carrier which there always are a ton of on Scythe of Amon.

Mengsk’s calldowns were helpful for pushing the last couple shards as they usually are.

My Mengsk ally didn’t build a single one, instead he just spammed Bunkers and micro’d a few Battlecruisers.

He dropped Nukes and Zerg on the shards though which is what I really needed so he was helpful.

Am I the only one who lags like crazy with this mutation? There is also something that is illogical with the Power Overwhelming mutator: why can’t archons feedback units? It would not affect the mutator that much since archons are expensive and squishy units, but it would be a fun feature to have (that would boost sinatrA a bit, cause he need loooove).
Same for ghosts and their EMP blast, another rarely used unit.

Vorazun and Dehaka, we pretty much had time stop or dehaka cooldowns 24/7, got dehaka in the middle of the attack wave and eat and explode the whole wave.

Isn’t Mengsk imba enough for this mutation already?

I don’t care about this mutation in particular, it is just a suggestion to make Power Overwhelming as a mutator slightly more fun with rarely used units.