Co-Op Mutation #188: Equivalent Exchange

Your enemies are painful to kill. They literally deal damage to everything near whenever you damage them, and they come back to life. Make sure they don’t take you down with them.

Diffusion - Damage dealt to enemies is split evenly across all nearby units, including your own.
Just Die! - Enemy units are automatically revived upon death.

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

Player 1                                   Player 2
[CtG (Arcturus)] Spohky (Abathur)
[CtG (Dehaka)] Ancalagon (Vorazun)
[CtG (Zeratul)] Spohky (Karax)
[CtG (Tychus)] Ancalagon (Alarak)
[CtG (Stetmann)] Spohky (Kerrigan)
[CtG (Artanis)] Spohky (Raynor)
[CtG (Stukov)] [Hunter (Nova)]
[CtG (Han and Horner)] [Hunter (Swann)]

[Reddit Post Link]

Other Notes:

• This is the FIRST mutation on Void Thrashing in 45 weeks.
  • Diffusion affects units within 5 range of the enemy damaged.
  • Only damage dealt to Amon’s forces or the rocks [instead of to your own forces] is reflected.
  • Diffiusion affects your buildings also.
  • Just Die! revives enemies after their death animation. They respawn with full health AND full energy and cooldowns.
  • The first kill does not yield biomass nor essence.
  • Mind controlling enemy units takes away from the enemy’s “damage sharing” pool by virtue of transferring them to you.

Commander of the Week: https://www.strawpoll.me/19015033
Mutation difficulty: https://www.strawpoll.me/19015034
Do you like this mutation? https://www.strawpoll.me/19015035

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com
/r/starcraft2coop

2 Likes

No Stukov? I thought he’d be great here, with his disposable units and long ranged support.

Not bad I like the looks of this one, too bad its not double edge though I like that one better than diffusion.

Diffusion+Just Die! … WOW~ … so hard.

#188 Mutation Equivalent Exchange play list…

Mengsk will just cheese this with artillery, right?

2 Likes

Maybe. But it’s time consuming

No. The fortress will be destroyed before you kill the threshers because now the threshers will revive as well. The artillery is super inefficient at killing the threshers.

2 Likes

you just have to build enough of them and they go down fast.

1 Like

I’m thinking banelings. Roll in a handful of banelings at a time at the enemies.

Of course, the banelings are going to die and explode either way.

1 Like

Mengsk is still good this week, but what you need to do is using artillery to clear enemy base and use your army to kill threshers

1 Like

If your partner can deal with the first thrasher, massing Artanis Tempests with Disintegration can snipe the rest.

1 Like

i literally have no idea how the damage is distributed but my wild guess is that. The damage is shared evenly among all units within the range of the damaged enemies.

If zealots are fighting with my 10 marines. It is to be expected that all my marine will die while the Zealots will lose 55 shield + health.

This mutator will favor commander with very high health melee units.

Actually high health long range units.

Sure whatever float your boat.

Man, Zeratul cannons made this boring.

If they have adequate healing they might be of some use otherwise they kill themselves. Rolled Abathur for a second game and the Brutaliaks didn’t last long; only the Guardians and Leviathans were useful.

Zeratul cannons make almost every mutation boring.

1 Like

Stukov(me) and Abathur

We struggled a bit since Abathur was losing units constantly, we got 1k hp left in the obj. Cds used every time they were up

That was fun

I partner with a Zeratul and we lose at the 3rd location :slight_smile: Zera cannon is quite useless

I picked Tychus my random ally was a Nova. Great combo and we one shotted it.

Many outlaws outrange diffusion and the warhounds turrets are great this week. I also choose Vega because comp was heavy ground Toss. Stealing those collosi/reavers was great and good dps against the trashers because they are very tanky this week.