Co-Op Mutation #188: Equivalent Exchange

Had a special moment and forgot diffusion gives damage to your units too. So went in with Zeratul, and on first Void Thrasher got the Zeratul has died message. Then went through the next spawn of Thashers had a “Something is off moment” and my partner told me “Yeah, he’s probably taking the damage split.”

Either way, went Zeratul/Artanis; Artanis went full mass Dragoons and went well.

Easy. Just make sure you fought Terran or Protoss AI. Zerg AI is too much time waster with Just Die mutator.

I beat it with mass dragoon as Artanis.

You sue about that? I have used artillery alone to kill the trains on oblivion express without issue, surely I can kill a few flimsy thrashers.

I believe they are “Thrashers”. Could be wrong… wasn’t “thresher” a weapon from Diablo2??

I had my ally from my clan defend our base and mid artillery as I set up 40 earthsplitters in mid and obliterated the game from there on. Mengsk run for sure.

Beat it with Artanis (Mass Dragoons with a sprinkling of Zealots) with a Dehaka Partner against Terrain Air. Dehaka went mass Tyrannozor. Basically used Mass Dragoons to whittle away the Terran defenses and units, Solar Bombardment on the first Thrasher then any approaching attack-wave while we were focusing on the Thrashers. Dehaka used pretty much all top-call-downs whenever we pushed into the Thrashers area.

Sounds easy for Mengsk artillery spam.

Closed game

no, trains are much easier to kill after the recent patch
if you are AoE attack

Strettman steamroll this mutation with mass free units.

Kerri mass hydra and mass earthsplitter made this super boring.

Hitting a max of 2 train carts? Not going to make a real difference. The train has 10k+ hp, O think the last one is even 20k+. Thrashers aren’t even close to that tanky.

This weeks mutation was good in my opinion. but then i made it look easy with Abathur building mass queen.

1 Like

Done as Mengsk with a Stukov ally. Was pretty close though, fortress was at 430 hitpoints.

I actually did better with building units as Mengsk instead of spamming Ordnance, which I tried for the first few attempts. Granted, the first three attempts I got Zerg comps which were very annoying, and when we won we had a Protoss comp, but still. It felt better to me being on the field with units than having 10+ Ordnances and only having some Sky Furies.

Despite Battlecruisers being in range of diffusion outside of Yamato, they were pretty tanky. Repaired them inbetween. Also used some other Royal Guards.

My Alarak attempt got ruined by swarmy reviving Zerg spreading Diffusion around.

(same post will be in the other thread)

Wow Abathur mass queen is freaking hilarious.

Me and my Artanis partner sat on one base and still managed to finish the brutation with 130 hp on the fortress.

Never knew building nothing but queens can make diffusion completely irrelevant. Also make sure you are against a ground comp so you can dab on dem haters with your toxic nests. :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

Swann’s cyclones are fun for this one, after you have used drill to get rid of the first life that is.

1 Like

According to Maguro’s mutator description:

The amount of diffused damage is 50% (Brutal) of the inflicted damage.
Only damage dealt to Amon's units is diffused.
Total damage is conserved.
Damage is reflected in radius of 5.
Diffusion does affect buildings.
If the unit taking damage is killed, the killing damage won't be diffused.

So basically long range units such as siege tanks are pretty good once you have enough firepower so your own units can avoid the reflected damage. Of course since it’s only half of the damage that’s reflected, you can brute force it with commanders like Abathur

No matter. Mengsk’s artillery is really cool. :sunglasses: