Co-Op Mutation #180: Graveyard Shift

I only found the information on Maguro.one that states the safety zone on DoN is much bigger than what you actually discover in the game and should cover all the base with 4 exits.
Has Maguro mentioned anywhere else they reduced this particular SZ?

I went over the interaction of Purifier Beam and Safety Zones in my last Bug Hunt. Essentially, if the Purifier Beam is targeting a unit, it can go inside, but not too close to minerals and starting locations. That’s why North-East entrance is not safe (images in the post).
https://www.maguro.one/2019/10/bug-hunt-8.html#PurifierBeamSafetyZones

Good catch. Yes they do. I added a note on my site.
Basically, all upgrades and effects that increase sight range work if they apply after the game starts. Normal Observer/Overseer siege mode is a morph into a different unit, and so it doesn’t give vision during Afraid of the Dark.

2 Likes

Great mutation for Swann this week.

My ally took Vorazun and went for void rays to hunt the buildings (night and day). I made a line of CC’s at the back of the camp for vision and asked my ally to cloak them. Worked really well.

Infestors where outside the tank range and later on some spotters messed up the cloaking a bit. However No problem for mister Swann. Had 60% structure hp and a bunch of SCV behind the CC’s to repair. Funny to see 4 scv’s out repair a whole bunch of angry infested :japanese_goblin::fork_and_knife: :japanese_goblin:

Swann 1 Amon 0 :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Make sure to also build Zeratul’s Constructs Bay. Lots of Zeratul’s unit abilities won’t take effect without it.

And people say the PF wouldn’t see use if they gave it to Swann.

4 Likes

FWIW, some have said that’s ALL people would do… build a wall of them to block off chokes and other areas. Then again, Kerrigan already does this with her Omega Worms.

Stukov’s Queen ability too can counter “afraid of the dark”. It gives +5 vision range to any unit for 180 seconds (+detection), that is almost for the entire day/night. And if you cast it on sieged Zeratul’s observers, they give almost normal vision.

4 Likes

Nova’s Ravens have passive radaring on mini-map.
It greatly helps on this mutation to check for forgotten huts. Or even finding bonus.

They need to increase the speed of the purifier beams by bit cuz its like they dont even exist

I’m pretty sure you are slightly mistaken or misspoke.

Nova’s hero unit (with detection upgrade) has passive radar.
Han & Horner’s Ravens have passive radar.
Nova’s Ravens do not have passive radar.

Can be real annoying for poor Stukov if they stop at an entrance. :wink:

Ya, it H&H, not Nova