Co-Op Mutation #180: Graveyard Shift

I support the right to freedom of expression.

Afraid of the Dark - Vision provided by all sources is extremely limited except when in view of your camera.
Purifier Beam - An enemy Purifier Beam moves across the map toward nearby player units.

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

Player 1                                   Player 2
[CtG (Swann)] Iswald (Fenix)
[CtG (Karax)] Ancalagon (Stetmann)
[CtG (Raynor)] Hunter (Han and Horner)
[CtG (Zeratul)] Iswald (Alarak)
[CtG (Zagara)] Iswald (Stukov)
[CtG (Kerrigan)] Ancalagon (Artanis)
[CtG (Vorazun)] [Hunter (Tychus)]
[CtG (Abathur)] Aommaster (Dehaka)

[Reddit Post Link]

Other Notes:

• Afraid of the Dark reduces your vision to 0 outside of buildings. You also get a small circle of vision at the center of your screen.
  • For the bottom player, the [three leftmost mineral patches] are outside the vision radius of the townhall. You need to either center your camera in that location or place buildings there in order allow your workers to harvest there.
  • [Safe zone] from the purifier beam.
  • Townhall structures provide a small vision radius, so some commanders may benefit from having them at the wall to tank and provide vision for defenses.
  • The Purifier Beam is permanent for Amon, and spawns at the start of the map. It slowly chases your units, and also [your static defense]
  • The Purifier Beam is visible through Afraid of the Dark as a small red dot on the minimap.
  • Raynor’s scan works perfectly to give vision for the mutation.
  • The Aleksander will steal the vision of units it mind controls.

Commander of the Week: https://www.strawpoll.me/18672355
Mutation difficulty: https://www.strawpoll.me/18672356
Do you like this mutation? https://www.strawpoll.me/18672357

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com
/r/starcraft2coop

11 Likes

Raynor+H&H - 100% winner!

You can take Zeratul instead of Raynor, if you are not sure of the defense.

1 Like

Forgive me for getting political in a game forum. 100% with you on HK.

Afraid of the dark again? Guess I’ll patrol-float a squadron of factories to give my Flaming Bettys vision. :confused:

Edit: As others have pointed out to me, floating buildings doesn’t really work. Its better to use them as bulworks on the ground.

Took me three tries to beat it, so it isn’t too easy or too hard On my second try, my ally and I missed a single building and lost cause of that. One of the few fun dark mutations imo.

2 Likes

Afraid of the Dark+Purifier Beam =
It is difficult to use Zeratul observer bug…
Raynor is bset (?).

#180 Mutation Graveyard Shift play list…

1 Like

Most annoying part is that the markers for remaining structures are covered up, so if you miss a few buildings, you get to do a blind search&destroy.

6 Likes

Just gotta make sure u nab every inf building when clearing. Other then that not much diff from normal

Do structures still give full vision? If yes, spreading Stettalites may help.

Vision from all sources, including structures, is limited if you do not focus on them with your camera.

Getting pretty annoyed with so many of the Afraid of the Dark mutations. Why does it feel like Blizz intentionally bundles up a bunch of the more “annoying but not hard” mutations in stacks of weeks?

5 Likes

yea, that and the “Enemy is immune to your attack if you are not both attacking” are both annoying to play and no fun whatsoever. Remember the mutation where the enemy heroes get stronger if you kill the unit around him first? yea, that one was hard and good, please do something more of that.

1 Like

Co-op forum: Polarity again?! That’s 3 times in the last several weeks, it’s ridiculous.

Co-op Dev: Okay, no more of that.

Substitutes Polarity for Afraid of the Dark

Co-op forum: :man_facepalming:

13 Likes

Don’t complain! They might switch back! Which would be worse!

4 Likes

Co-Op Dev: Okay then! VERTIGO IN EVERY WEEKLY MUTATIONN!!!

Co-OP Forum: …

EVERYONE QUITS

5 Likes

Yeah, I was gonna say. or they could do both Speed Freaks and Propagators!

1 Like

For some reason Zeratul’s Xel’naga Watchers do not grant vision when sieged up at full artifact fragments here, so don’t rely on those to grant you vision when you look away.

Seemed to work for me. The vision remained for my watchers when I looked away.

https://i.imgur.com/INnHkAl.jpg

1 Like

Please don’t, I had enough with normal speed poops

Mine didn’t when I did it on live (NA). Sieged one on the high ground at player 2’s base, the goliath up there didn’t get any vision to shoot at enemies (classic skytoss).

It’s a bit more difficult if you or your ally don’t know that your Command Center equivalent gives a little vision, particularly for static defenses.

A little slower than normal, since you have to watch every building die. My “where the @$#^ is the last building” was at the top right corner.

Lurker defense for the win.

Btw, I believe terran buildings give 1 more vision in flight than on a ground, does it apply here?