Co-Op Mutation #167: Hostile Territory

Amon’s pestilence has mutated the colonists of Meinhoff to gain terrifying new abilities. Even the buildings fight back when you try to clean out the infestation. Make sure your forces stay safe to save what remains of the colony.

Barrier - Enemy units gain a temporary shield upon the first time they take damage.
Photon Overload - All enemy structures attack nearby hostile units.
Power Overwhelming - All enemy units have energy and use random abilities.

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

Player 1                                   Player 2
[CtG(Stetmann)] Rizare(Fenix)
[CtG(Karax)] Rizare(Tychus)
[CtG(Raynor SOLO)]
[CtG(Abathur)] Iswald(Dehaka)
[CtG(Artanis)] Iswald(Stukov)
[CtG(Swann)] KaitouHax(Zagara)
[CtG(Zeratul)] [Hunter(Vorazun)]
[CtG(Han and Horner)] Hunter(Nova)

[Reddit Post Link]

Notes:

• Abilities used by the enemy include Abduct, Black Hole, Defensive Matrix, Disabling Cloud, Disruption Web, Force Field, Fungal Growth, Guardian Shield, Graviton Beam, [Hybrid Structure Disable Thing], Irradiate, Parasitic Bomb, Point Defense Drone, Psionic Orb, Psionic Storm, Seeker Missile, Snipe, Time Warp.
  • Barrier gives a 100 health shield to units that don’t get killed in 1 hit.
  • Photon Overload has 10 range and outputs a total of 240 damage each.
  • There is no means to determine what spells each enemy unit has until they actually use it.
  • Dehaka does not get the psionic buff from devouring units, even though everyone s a spellcaster. The unit tag still takes precedence
  • Mind controlling units will make them lose all their mutator buffs.

Commander of the Week: https://www.strawpoll.me/18283253
Mutation difficulty: https://www.strawpoll.me/18283254
Do you like this mutation? https://www.strawpoll.me/18283255

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com
/r/starcraft2coop

5 Likes

Swan and HH for ez mode then?

4 Likes

Like Siege Tanks + Goliaths from Swann with Laser Drill Support while HH go with Reapers and Bombers?

1 Like

Tychus + Zeratul

1 Like

this week mutation… much easier than last week mutation.

Abathur+Zagara

#167 Mutation Hostile Territory play list…

4 Likes

Pretty much. Although, Power Overwhelming can sometimes screw over tank defenses with Blinding Cloud, Abduct or other such spells.

1 Like

Pretty much cant go wrong with mass Zeratul cannons here, build a bunch during the night, then warp them across the map during the day. Most abilities cant even affect structures.

3 Likes

Gee, are you sure you don’t want to do polarity again?

4 Likes

no h&h bomber while someone defends

1 Like

This was easy with stetman infestors. But then stetman infestors kinda cheeses everything.

My partner was stukov and massed tanks around the base while i walked around lobbing roaches at the buildings during the day. The downside is that it was a very, very long game, like 30 minutes something but we were in no danger of the base being overrun.

Also, some people maybe wondering how you can be playing this mutation already.

The solution is the great and amzing asian servers and their time zone is like 12 hours ahead of us. I actually made a new account over there so i am able to play the new mutation on sunday nights.

2 Likes

Swann seems to be a good one, Karax take a short straw this muta.

1 Like

After the last 2 Brutation, think any commander can work for this one.

2 Likes

Why is Karax not viable?

1 Like

I think it might be because photon cannons and colossi don’t kill infested marines in one hit and will trigger the barrier way too often and that his defenses need the energizer to buff them up. And along with the colossus, the energizer is easily sniped by multiple spells. He’s still viable though, he just gets the shorter end of the stick compared to other commanders.

3 Likes

Haha, first thing I look for nowadays…never wanna see that garbage again. T_T

2 Likes

While he is perfectly powerful against any swarm of units below 100 Health, anything beyond that will be a pain in the neck. His SOA take more shot to kill, his cannons need to shot to clear swarmy units. Those thing would not be too bad if the enemies don’t have ‘photon overload’ because this one thing deny his Probe push strategy and honestly, his unit cost reduction mastery ain’t that good compare to his building Health and Shield.

So this Mutation is a counter against one of his most powerful build, ‘the cannon push’.

He will have quite a problem in both defense and offense.

1 Like

Hm fair enough. It doesn’t look like CtC is struggling too much in his Karax match tho

2 Likes

I pretty much had a Karax ally cover all four entrances and was just starting Carrier production to help clear when victory came. I imagine Karax can solo with 10 apm although it might take quite a bit of patience and hoping for Nydus Worms (50% Nydus Worms chance, 50% Stank for duration of mission), but at least it’d be faster than that Raynor cheese in the OP for most players.

Seeing as there’s no Alarak replay in the OP, I challenge someone to post an Alarak solo on this mutation by the end of the week. He never gets any love.

1 Like

Beaten this 3 times as Swann, Abathur and Karax so far. Takes a fair amount of beating with good healing and/or a strong defense.

1 Like

Not if you play Han and Horner.

I had a pretty terrible Dehaka ally who only killed 4 structures and barely managed to defend the bottom chokepoint on multiple waves.

We won anyway because of Strike Fighters, although we would not have survived another night since I was basically out of money putting out all of the fires and defending two of the choke points with H&H’s terrible defensive units.

3 Likes