Co-Op Mutation #167: Hostile Territory

Definitely just do HH and Swann for a quick game to be done with mutation.

2 Likes

This mutation is actually pretty difficult in solo queue since my allies keep leaving after they lose their initial army during the first day push. Like chill bros.

But seriously, if you have a Karax, Swann, Kerrigan, or some other hero that can hold all four entrances by themselves you can just sit in the middle of base during the night and not push out during the day until you get an army that doesn’t die to two Point Defense Drones.

1 Like

Barely made it with a level 10 Zeratul ally

1 Like

Managed it with Karax/Raynor, and also Kerri/Stukov in Random Que.

Karax can hold all 4 entrances with Colossi support. Once the base is locked down, I switched over to Carriers and helped push out. Raynor supported with Tanks and switched into BCs. Between Repair beam, and later on Repair Drones, BCs managed to hold their own. They were also decent at bringing down Stanks with Yamato.

Kerri/Stukov had me going Lurkers with Nydus walls with Bunker and Tank support behind it. Hydras were good for helping bringing down the 5-6 Stanks a night by night 7, but trying to push out with them during the day was a no-go since they’re too squishy. Kerri could hold her own during the day, but Chain Reaction would proc buildings to attack all around her. Leaving some Queens around to keep Kerri going and switching into Broodlords may be something you can switch too, but I didn’t bother giving it a go.

All in all, not too too bad of a Mutation. But hot damn, if you don’t cheese this one, get ready for a 40+ minute map.

1 Like

Night 7? Sounds like a long game :smiley: If you have someone defending like Karax you should be able to tech and economy up hardcore into a strong deathball army and finish the game sooner than that!

1 Like

Yeah, HH games lasts 20min if your ally is purely defending (and probably less if you get mastery into Strike Fighters or if your ally pushes out). So less the hassle of n3 and onward as usual.

2 Likes

I added some images to the post. What do you guys think?

4 Likes

I felt playing it safe and keeping resources in reserve for Hydras/Lurks I lost at night and pushing with Kerri during the day was a much better option resource wise on the longer term. I’d rather Kerri get slaughtered on her own than losing half my army of Hydras instantly to those Vortexes.

The match-up where I was playing as Karax, I was focused on keeping us safe at night for the first 4 nights. Once we had a good handle where the defensive system more or less handled everything but Stanks, I switched over and helped push out. Between 2-3 Colossi on each side with Cannon/Mono/Battery + Energizers with Tank support, Kaboomers/Chokers really struggled to be much more than minor nuisances.

Without H&H, this mutation ends up being a slog since pushing at night is a death sentence. Them Infested are trigger happy on that there energy.

1 Like

The Stukov bunker nerf is really felt on such map where he used to steamroll so well in the past. #MakeStukovGreatAgain!

2 Likes

Queued random this time, since my all-time Tychus buddy deinstalled SC2 after getting salty at the Heroes of the Storm TotP mutation FeelsBadMan

I went for Karax.

Match 1: Got a 128 mastery Swann player, who spammed Thors and not a single damn Siege Tank. Like, why wouldn’t you do that on Dead of Night?
Needless to say, he pulled me down a lot, and even left when we had like 70 buildings left because his mass Thors didn’t really do well. I had a lot of Carriers at that point and tried knocking those buildings out.

However, in Night 6 or 7, there were so many Stanks that they got all my buildings just after daytime. Should’ve just built a pylon somewhere in a corner (I was floating his CC). One more day was all I needed.

Second match I got an Abathur ally, mastery around 80 I believe. He did well, and we got it done with the bonus. Tried to take some Colossi with me during daytime as well, but they didn’t survive very long. After that I just left them as defenders, while doing carrier and Spear of Adun stuff.

I’m still wondering why you would ever go mass Thor on Dead of Night though. That player was so braindead :confused:

Whew completed the brutation on the first try, even though my Tychus ally left at the very beginning. Luckily I was Swan so I worked on static defence and added some seige tanks alongside.

I would send tychus, nikara, blaze, and cannonball off to clear buildings during the day with sentry bot support, spending minimal time micro-ing them. I also actively used the drill abilities to clear as many buildings as possible. During all this I amassed an army for Swan and eventually got it done by the 6th or 7th night. Man those stanks :cry:

Beat this with Kerringan and Zeratul ally.

As Kerringan, I just mass Ultralisks and win. Lurkers and hydralisks are no-no for me due to their low HP. They died too easily against Power Overwhelming mutator.

1 Like