Co-op game is won, but no XP

Several times over this last week (I only recently started playing Co-op), after I have won in a game of Co-op, the screen seems to kinda freeze on the Victory Screen.

I can click the “Score” button, but it just sits. Sometimes the Score screen eventually comes up and I’m shown the XP earned and any new levels gained. But often (not quite 50%, I think), it just reloads the Co-op main screen, and the hero I used does not have any additional XP.

I’ve started running the game in Compatibility mode as well as Administrator, but I don’t think that has affected the issue.

I was going to test playing the game over my cell phone hot spot instead of home Wifi to see if that resulted in a diffference, but the current outage prevents that.

Any ideas about the cause of this?

Hey there,

Any XP gains are done server side, so even if the local client doesn’t display them it should still happen on the back-end after a victory. I noticed you’re using a mobile internet provider. The most likely case is that packets were lost in transit between the computer and network provider.

If this becomes a frequent problem please try running this winMTR test for the entire duration of the match (including when it ends / does the no xp thing) then post the results on pastebin. Once it’s there provide us with the codefrom the URL. For example if the URL is pastebin.com/abc123 we would just want the abc123 bit there. This being because the forums don’t allow links to be posted for most users.

I hope the info helps! Cheers!

What IP address or url should I put in the program? Is it just battle.net?

Thanks.

Also, the issue I’ve had was when I was on my home network; both on ethernet and wifi. I was going to test using my mobile hotspot, but the current outage prevents me from playing any games except Wings of Liberty.

Hey there,

US Central would be most local to you specifically. For anyone not local to US Central, other IP address can be found on the instructions page linked above.

The Americas	
24.105.30.129 (US West)
24.105.62.129 (US Central)

Cheers!

Thanks!

The current outage prevents me from being able to test this right now, but once that is resolved, I’ll do this.

Here is the pastebin code: VU2P5XSQ.

There does seem to be a network outage, as there is a message once I get to the main co-op screen that Achievements Service has reactivated.

Hey there,

Sorry for the delay, post came in over my weekend. I checked over the winMTR report and found the problem:

| 10.0.0.1 - 0 | 3491 | 3491 | 11 | 23 | 488 | 25 |

There seems to be some stability on the home network with the latency spiking to 488 at its worst. Normally a wired connection should resolve this.

| 96.120.0.193 - 1 | 3492 | 3490 | 0 | 23 | 202 | 24 |

After the data leaves the modem/router it’s loosing packets which could cause disconnects and similar. My suggestions are as follows:

• Connect to the router/modem directly via ethernet cable.
  • Conduct a factory reset on the modem/router. Check online for device specific instructions. Each one is different to some degree.
  • Rerun the winMTR test if there is still any problem after the above.

Hope the info helps. Cheers!