Co Op and why "brutal mode" keeps getting buffs

What do you usually play?

i almost always choose casual when i play with random players because there is no telling what skills they have. i have gotten matched with terrible players that have chosen hard or good players that have chosen casual. when i play with people i know however, i choose a difficulty that fits their skills. hard only works if both players can handle it. i know some players that can barely handle casual, requiring me to carry them and one player that can handle hard but, he had barely slept last time we played and as such: i chose normal. no sense in playing hard with a tired player.

I choose strettman and solo every brutal mission. His infestor is really OP. Other choices are Tychus, Zeratul, Dehaka, Abathur. (these commander can play brutal at lv 1. Tested by me.)
Also, do get a build order to reach a specific set of unit/upgrades. Don’t do multiple comp and you are too weak to handle anything.

I don’t know man… You should not have to carry anyone at casual. This is weird. Regarding “Brutal”, I am not in the situation many describe here: I cannot solo Brutal, I cannot fully carry someone at Brutal. But playing “co-op”, meaning that my ally does his part, we win at Brutal 90% of the time.

My advice would just be to play more at lesser difficulties. If you read the guides (Team Liquid, starcraftcoop), you will see that for most of the commanders, there is a preferred comp. Stick to it playing at normal or hard, trying to get enough troops so they become a death ball. And as at Brutal, I feel the last waves are brutal, they require that your upgrades are all done by the time they unfold. While playing at normal or hard, try to have all your upgrades done by the end of the game.

When most of the time, your fully upgraded death ball clears the map, either try to introduce few other units to test, or go to the next difficulty following the same “build path”.

As mentioned by others, some commanders are more straight forward than others: Abathur, Zeratul would be my first choices.

Man, if you wanna play sometime on Hard or Brutal just let me know.

Those kids are not interested in advices from better players. They just want to whine, cry, blame everyone and everything for their own failure. The whole generation is growing up like this. I see it every day - at work, in the gym, everywhere.

The fact they need to add 3 mutators at the same time in mutations to make it difficult tells you just how easy regular brutal is.

I barely ever play/buy commanders anymore because brutal is simply so easy. Griding the same brutal mutator all week to get a little challenge gets really boring really fast. And since there are no extra rewards for doing the mutator multiple times a week, it’s just sadness.

TL;DR - Please make some hard, repeatable content. Because currently, there is none.

Remember that Brutal was suppose to be well… BRUTAL.
Complain about Brutal being too hard is like complain why the sun is bright and the night is so dark.

1 Like

If you need to select Casual because you can’t pull your own weight without a good partner even at Hard difficulty, why are you trying to play Brutal? This is like asking to learn advanced calculus when you can barely do multiplications.

i can pull my own weight but, i can not pull my ally`s weight in addition to my own, at least not on hard. i can do that on casual and normal however.

Sounds like you’re not pulling your weight on Hard, then.

I suggest actually practicing Hard until you can comfortably play that difficulty, instead of jumping into the deep end of the pool aka Brutal and then whine about it like a baby.

1 Like

If you can carry your ally’s weight on normal, you can probably carry your own weight on hard.

hard requires that both players pull their own weight. last time i played hard, i lost because the other player was too slow to start producing units. i was alone with zagara and her units until night 2.

Please. Stahp. This. Thread. Pretty much everything imaginable regarding OP has been not only said, but thoroughly discussed by many.
This Thread deserves to sleep now.

5 Likes