Client wont launch since Win10 1903 update

Client will “blink” or “breath” on launch to black screen back to desktop a few times until getting the following error message:

Graphics device is not available at this time. Please try starting StarCraft II again, or restarting your machine. If problem presets, for more information consult our support website at Blizzard Support

This started after updating Windows 10 Pro to the 1903 update.

Troubleshooting steps taken:

• Force launch in 32bit.
  • Scan and repair.
  • Uninstall and reinstall.
  • Check for system updates and graphics drivers.
  • Restarting the machine.

Other info:

• Current GeForce Game Ready Driver - 431.60.
  • Dxdag on request.

It wouldn’t do any harm to use Display Driver Uninstaller and then perform a fresh install of the graphics driver - even if it’s the same driver version.

You can download the driver installer and place it on your Desktop prior to running DDU, which will make it easier & more convenient to find.

If the problem is still happening after what Sarno suggested, please update the thread with a DxDiag so we may better assist you. Once the file is collected, post it on pastebin and drop a link here. You can use the </> code button so the forums doesn’t block the link.

Example:
pastebin.com/abc123

I am having the same issue. I opened a ticket yesterday, still waiting.

1 Like

Since Blizzard Support is asleep at the wheel… Simply revert to previous build of Windows 10 to solve this issue.

1 Like

“Reset In-Game Options” worked for me!

Yup! Worked for me too!