Character level requirement for hard/brutal

In co-op, the difficulty settings recommend Level 7 for Hard, and Level 15 for Brutal.

I’d like to make the recommended character level a hard requirement for matchmaking (not parties). Every time new commanders are released, jerks queue high-difficulty matches at a low level, and forces the other player to carry them. This is obnoxious and rude, and basically makes me not want to play for a week or two after a new commander is released. And if you drop on the jerk, your account gets locked, so you’re not playing for a while anyways. This is basically Blizzard forcing us to reward jackass behavior by teaming with jerks.

Please, Blizzard, don’t reward being a jerk.

If someone’s in a party, sure, they should be able to select whatever difficulty they want- the other player knows who they’ll be playing with. I’m just talking about matchmaking with randoms.

thanks,

6 Likes

There’s no leaving penalty in Co-op. There never has been one and Bliz has made no mention or suggestion of one coming.

Level does not dictate skill, nor does it dictate per commander. Those “recommandations” are vastly outdated for many commanders, while some have been able to handle Brutal from level 1. They’ve been there since we had the original 6 commanders, and again, are only recommendations.

6 Likes

there is a penality and blizzard confirmed it to me. i do agreed that they should make the recommended level a requirement. choosing casual however makes things easier. you do get matched with players on hard or normal plenty of times.

1 Like

Please, don’t start it all over again. NO ONE believe this nonsense, and you know it. If you want to troll, at least find new jokes, old ones have stopped being funny long, long time ago.

9 Likes

i left this forum because i kept getting trolled. if this keeps up i might leave again.

1 Like

I used to think this, but there was method to the madness… For example, all of the low level Stetmann players who selected Normal found out they were hard pressed to get into a game. I hear queue times were 5 to 12 minutes, minimum. Problem was, there were a disproportionate number of players who wanted to play as Stetmann, so the pool of low level non-Stetmanns was tiny in comparison.

FWIW, I used that opportunity to level up my low level COs, or see how much I can carry them on my Mastery COs.

Both were an uncommon opportunity to see how they paired up with him. Good thing too b/c unlike Tychus and Zeratul, Stetmann players dropped off the Coop scene!

3 Likes

that does not work for me since all of my commanders is max level already. i was matched with one stetmann player that was level 3.

I agree with topicstarter partially.
I am not a jerk and when a new commander is released I always play brutal since level 2-3 (the 1st one is taken on hard). If you get me in such situation you will not be disappointed.
However noobs MUST be restricted by another sign. How does it help you if a jerk does have level 200 and he still wants to be totally carried? For example I often get Swanns and Karaxes on Dead of night who strongly go for sitting on base and killing no enemies, they seriously do think they are doing something in this game! “Hei, I am not going to make units, I’m making def!” So what? They don’t even understand that in Starcraft game you must make units which can BOTH defend and attack.

All good players must have a right to level up a new commander on brutal since level 1. At the same time noobs must not have a right to even launch brutal no matter what level they have. Playing brutal must be a thing a player must deserve.

2 Likes

they could lock brutal to players that do not have a certain amount of victories on melee.

I just carried level 136 Vorazun as a level 1 Tychus on brutal on Temple map. Guy had no units and got overun and I had to save him and do the map by myself.

This is obnoxious and Blizzard forcing us to reward jackass behavior by teaming with jerks who can’t play.

1 Like

The simple problem that always returns: how do you avoid wrecking the game for people who can comfortably hard carry with a brand new level 1 commander? I mean, my first game with Stetmann I literally tripled my max level ally’s kills.

1 Like

Oh no…please, anything but that…

10 Likes

Well, that’s the rub isn’t it? How do you differentiate between the “good” vs. “bad”? You get people who also have “bad days”, so how do you take that into account?

I’d argue the case with Swann or Karax on DoN. Many allies, especially the likes of Tychus could easily solo the push on those maps. In fact, since defense is well covered, this frees Tychus to be literally pushing all day long. He doesn’t need to return to base at night, which effectively doubles his damage output.

Don’t discount force multipliers. You wouldn’t argue that Medics are useless since they can’t do damage?

6 Likes

Are you for real? So you posted an unsubstantiated claim and are getting upset because nobody believes you? Get over yourself lol

3 Likes

Remind me, how it is differentiated in ladder?

This isn’t needed. Level 1 is all you need to beat Brutal missions if you’re at least Gold league in multiplayer or have beaten the single player campaign on Brutal. These kind of unneeded annoyances would just mean less people will want to play Co Op.

3 Likes

I don’t play Ladder, so someone else will need to chime in here.

I completely opposite this suggestion. If you know what you are doing, a lot of commanders, especially the new ones, can beat brutal at low level without any problem, and at least, they can do their part of job. Some of them can finish at level 1, and even solo a brutal game. In fact, a lot of bad players with 100+ ascension may be carried by pre-mastery instead.

4 Likes

So let’s think about this for a second
Low level commanders queueing for difficulties recommended for higher levels.
If someone is truly a noob, they see “recommended for levels 15+” and say “oh I’d better not deal with that yet.”

So who does that leave to do brutal at level 1? Experienced players. Players that have the macro/micro abilities to make up for a weaker commander. Players that can adapt quickly, or already have a game plan in mind.

3 Likes

I’m not against carrying. Had fun when I carried games with a low level artanis, works on every map when he is level 4 that often out-perform the average level 90+ players. I can only disagree on expectation of being carried in brutal mutations.

1 Like