Can't Save Games

Hi guys,

Whenever I launch StarCraft 2, it always think I’m opening it for the first time.
I would click “New Game” under campaign and it would bring me back to my progress.

If I try to Save it’ll say “Saved successfully” or something like that but when you open Load, there’d be nothing on it.

I’d appreciate any help. Thanks!

Things I’ve done:

1. Scan and Repair (several times)
  2. Allowed Admin/Full Access of SC2
  3. Tried both launching the game in 32-bit client and 64-bit
  4. Made sure Firewall and Windows Defender was not blocking the game.
  5. Uninstalled and re-installed the game.

Hey Frakeviga,

Sorry for the late reply here. If you’re still experiencing this I have a few ideas you can try.

1. Navigate to the Documents folder and delete the Starcraft II folder inside, then re-launch the game so it will be recreated. Progress will be re-downloaded from the server.

2. If the first step doesn’t help, try creating a new administrator account and then launch the game from there to see if it saves properly.

Ok, I tried that, it doesn’t work.

Doesn’t work for me either.

Me either. SCII client can write to /Documents directory, so it isn’t a matter of read/write permissions. Your save function in source code just is somehow passing its check and sending us a “Save Successful” message without actually writing anything to disk. Please elevate this to your software QA team immediately.

Hey there,

If this is turning out to look more like a bug, please feel free to report it over on the #bug-report forums. Our QA team monitors those forums and can try to reproduce the issue. Please make sure to include detailed and exact reproduction steps to make it easy for them to test it.

Since it looks like the original poster isn’t coming back I’m going to lock this one up.