Can't save any Campaign and sometimes can't start Campaign

So I’v tried many times to start a Campaign and it wont let me click on any of them. And the times it does let me pick a campaign it won’t let me save and the auto-save keeps saying Saving Failed.

I’v tried so many things and uninstalled and installed the game atleast 10 times, also tried the scan & fix and it doesn’t fix anything.

Hey there Soultemplar,

Typically when a campaign can’t be start or saved, it’s due to an issue with permissions where that game info is located. Let’s try the following to see if it helps:

1. Locate the Documents\StarCraft II folder
  2. Right click on the folder and click Properties
  3. In the Security tab, click Edit
  4. Click Add
  5. Click Advanced
  6. Make sure that the Users object type is selected from the Location (your local PC)
  7. Click Find Now
  8. Select your user profile from the list that appears. Click the options in the following order: OK > OK > Apply > OK
  9. Click Advanced
  10. Select your user profile and click Edit
  11. Ensure that Type is Allow and Applies to is This folder, subfolder and files
  12. Check Full control in order to give your user profile proper access rights, then click OK
  13. Click Apply > OK > OK

Hopefully that helps out. Cheers!

1 Like

Well it let’s me start any campaigns now but still wont save. It also wont let me create any folders in any save aspect.

Howdy Soultemplar,

In these cases it may be helpful to run the Blizzard app as Admin. If this doesn’t help, it could be a conflict with OneDrive if you have that enabled. Otherwise, you may want to try testing the game on a new Windows Admin account to see if there’s any change.

So I found out my windows defender ransomware protection was denying access to StarCraft 2 from making any changes in my documents. So I allowed Starcraft 2 to be able to make changes and that fixed everything. Let people know if what was happening to me it might be the problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.