Can't play versus AI or custom melee

For Versus AI the play button is grayed out and the box above it is blank. For custom melee no maps load, and it says I need to select a map to play. I just want to play vs a computer. Campaign works just fine but its not what I want. Tried scan and repair but nothing changed.

3 Likes

Howdy!

This maybe a sign of a block of some kind impacting the game’s ability to properly connect. I would recommend to check the following:

1. Refresh the home network’s connection:
  • Power Cycle the home network’s modem and router to refresh the connection to your Internet Service Provider(ISP) following the steps Here.

→ Once the network is back online flush your DNS cache using the commands Here.

1. Double-check any third-party anti-virus or firewall software is set up to exclude the game from all scans and blocks. Now is a good time to check your OS firewall and that the ports are open Here.

Retest. If you continue to run into any issues contact our support team Here.

I’ve had a similar problem for a while, but I found a solution that worked for me.

I opened the editor and downloaded 2-3 blizzard maps, after which I launched the game, and custom maps loaded.

Hope this helps!

I had the same issue and fixed my problem with it using two easy things:

1. Changed my DNS settings to Google (look up how to do this, it’s simple)
  2. Changed my server (in bnet app, not in SC2) from US to Europe.

Everything now loads perfectly every time. No more issues. You should give it a try.