Can't play custom, messes with my internet connection

Since yesterday (so probably after the update), if I try to start a custom melee lobby, it starts loading indefinitely and I can’t cancel. Even if I force shut off the game, my internet connection is messed with. The first time I tried creating a custom lobby yesterday, my whole wifi network quit working entirely for a short while. After that, trying to create a custom lobby has only affected my computer’s ability to use the internet except for visiting a few selected websites such as youtube and facebook. Playing campaign does not cause this.

Turning off profanity filter does not fix this. Reinstalling the game twice has not helped. Deleting “Blizzard Entertainment” folder does not help.

Update: It seems the map Green Acres works for me now, but some other map gave up on me

2 Likes

Same thing is happening to me! Blizzard please fix or give explanation to why we cant play SC2!!!

2 Likes

Hey all,

Another patch was pushed last evening that hopefully addresses the lags/hangs.

If inclined, try reenabling the Mature Language filter to see if the lags/hangs are cleared up.

This did not fix it unfortunately

Based off the fact the initial work around didn’t work and that the subsequent patch didn’t either, it points to you having a different issue than what was affecting most everyone else these last several days.