Can't load maps,portrait,lobbies,history,

When I’m using my home router most of the time it’s impossible for me to play the game.
Here is a list of what is not working well:

-Sometimes my portrait won’t appear
-When I click on map for 1v1,2v2,3v3,4v4, it’s like the maps are gone and I get a white thumbnail.
-Sometimes clicking on PLAY ranked/unranked will search forever and never find a game. Can’t even cancel the search and I have to close the game.
-Somtimes it’s impossible to check ppl’s history, it will simply load forever.
-Sometimes, after finding a game, the loading screen is black even until the game has started. I have no choice but to Alt-F4.
-Impossible sometimes to create a lobby.

I say sometimes because most issues happen randomly.
I don’t get any of those when I’m running the game on my phone’s 4G.
So yeah, I figured it comes from my router. I’ve recently opponed the TCP/UDP ports for SC2 but the problem still remains.

Help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Hey there MoZizi,

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out with those details. If you aren’t experiencing these problems when using your phone’s network, at that point we can be sure that the issue is isolated to the primary home network. In these situations, ultimately we can only recommend contacting the Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance determining what is causing the issue to occur on that specific network. They might need to adjust network-level security/firewall settings on your modem or temporarily replace the device to narrow it down further. I always recommend requesting to be forwarded to a “level 2 or level 3 technician” when contacting the ISP since the front-line representatives typically only have access to basic diagnostics and troubleshooting tools.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions going forward.

Ok thanks will do that.
What I get now is when using my 4G the game won’t start. I get a small window with a loading bar. And it loads forever.

I have the same problem with Custom games. Lobbies won’t load completely and only 1-2 random custom maps will load when I try to play melee, and creating a lobby gets stuck forever.
In my case it’s not “sometimes”.

I have the same problem. Has anyone found a solution?
In my case this started happening just today.

I tried using a VPN, and it solved my problem.

A VPN adds a lot of latency and slows down my network though. Cant really use it for gaming

Surprisingly enough the issue fixed itself.
I tried everything from the fix option to doing a complete re-installation of the game. Nothing worked. I gave up.
I tried again a couple of hours later and the game just started working.
This leads me to believe all this was a Blizzard server side issue. Maybe a server or 2 went down.

We aren’t aware of any issues with the servers going down. It sounds a bit like there was a blimp in the connection routing if a VPN worked. The VPN does not bypass much of the home network, but it does reroute the connection.

If it seems to be persisting without a VPN for you all here, could you include a WinMTR test to check out? Run the test until the problem occurs for 10 to 15 minutes. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
WinMTR Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)