Cannot select any campaign

PC is up to spec, drivers are updated, everything works in game except for campaign mode. Once I get to the campaign select screen (avatar options for each race) clicking on any option does not do anything. Again custom, co-op, and multiplayer all work fine, campaign just will not work in any fashion at this point. Have already run repair, reinstalled the game, and tried every campaign option without success, I’m stuck on the select screen. Any ideas?

Hey there,

If you’re still running into this issue can you try going into your Documents folder and deleting the Starcraft II folder there? If you need to save any replays or anything make sure to back those up first.

When you launch the game again the Starcraft II folder should be recreated and your account data will be downloaded again. Hopefully that clears it up! If not let us know. :slight_smile:

What’s up Jambrix, thanks for the reply. I went into my Downloads folder and eliminated all Starcraft files, that didn’t work unfortunately. I use Windows 10 and do not see a “documents” folder. Any other ideas? Still can’t select a campaign but quite literally everything else works so it’s not a gameplay issue per se.

there is a documents folder, it is located in the users folder, in the folder matching your user name in windows.

Checked all user files, all document folders are empty. Also my profile loads fine, I just can’t select a campaign it even shows my progress. I’ve completed 5% of the WoL campaign, just can’t get into anything now.

that likely means that you have not turned on show hidden files, in windows.

Show hidden files is on.

Heya Ray,

If there is no Starcraft II folder in the C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\StarCraft II location, it may mean the folder is part of OneDrive insteaad which may cause other issues. Might be a good thing to check!

1. Unsync documents from OneDrive
  2. Reset game settings

Let us know how it goes!

I searched C drive and OneDrive, no Starcraft II user files. Also reset game settings, no luck… no idea what the issue is.

you could try to shut down onedrive. i never use it and i have no such problems.

It’s not turned on at this point.

the fact that you have no starcraft 2 user files suggests that starcraft 2 is unable to write to your documents folder. just find your starcraft 2 folder in documents, right click on it, select properties and then untick read only. if that does not work, find the folder that starcraft 2 is installed in, right click on starcraft 2 switcher and select run as administrator. if that does not help you, i do not know what will.

Done and done. Worked last night, no longer does now. completely at a loss.

You’re not the only one @RayFinkle I’ve read this entire post and tried the documents thing, then the one drive thing, neither worked for me either… I’m having the same issue, I can see my achievement progress but I can’t select any campaigns. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked for one day, then it went away again???

It’s OneDrive! I turned it off and deleted my Starcraft 2 document there. Then when I reinstalled, it recreated the file in OneDrive. Even when I turned it off, somehow it turned back on to install.