Cannot access SC2, authenticator required despite having it

Hi all

Haven’t found anything in previous threads that seems to match my problem so here goes.

I have not been able to play Starcraft 2 since 12th June 2020. I can update and open the game no problem from Battle.net launcher just like I do with Overwatch. However my problem starts just after start up when a get a message saying “Can’t connect to servers” so I select offline mode and then get greeted with another message saying:
“To enable offline play, connect to Battle.net to authorise your game client. You also need at least one Starcraft 2 character on the account”.

So I figured it needs authorisation. I did a bit of digging, downloaded the authenticator for my phone, everything is now synced up and my phone and email are verified.
However, the problem persists, I get the same message and cannot open the game.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

In https://account.battle.net/security#recent-activity do you see SC2 trying to connect? (In my case, I see 1 connection from the website, 1 from the battle.net app, and 1 from SC2 itself)
If not maybe the authorization process somehow get intercepted.
Though knowing that in itself is not enough to fix the issue, it may help actual technical support to know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.