Can we get some new missions?

We’ve bein playing the same missions for a while now and even mutation has lost its appeal. Why not add a co-op mission editor? Or give a couple of new maps at least. When you can recite all the words to a mission, including your and your partners commander lines then you know a map to well.

8 Likes

Keep living the dream my brother.

7 Likes

That would obviously be excellent and everyone hopes for it.

In the mean time, I suggest

• learn a new commander
  • play obscure or inferior comps
  • create extra challenges for yourself
  • check out the Maguro maps and mutators

If all that is still not lighting your fire, nothing wrong with taking a break from co op for awhile. Or taking a break from SC2.

2 Likes

Not very inspiring speech. I would suggest nexus coop and custom mutations to the list.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you can design a map using the normal map editor. That’s how the last 2 or 3? maps were made. Some normal player made a map and got prize money for it. Blizz doesn’t make maps anymore. Pretty much everything is run by players.

1 Like

That map contest was about pitching ideas in the form of playable maps. Blizzard then used those ideas and turned the top 2 entries into official maps.

1 Like

I dont play SC all the time and I do switch things up but still things get boring. I miss the days when a game company gave a sh!t about there games…

1 Like

I’ve leveled up everyone to mastery, but man… still really loathe using Mengsk :frowning:

You mean your own unit compositions right? Enemy ones are still random, but I’d like it if you could pick that as well. I’d like a rematch for certain cases like Kerrigan vs. mass Skytoss (Carr, Scout, Cors, Arb., + others)

I got paranoid about not having CD for Stukov and Swann that I ended up going through some games without ever needing to use them beyond their first usage! That was fun!

Unpopular opinion, but see if you can still dominate even if you set Dehaka to rockslap!

Sad to say, if they didn’t give a **** about Sc2 Coop, it would’ve gotten the “WC3: Reforge treatment”.

Given the last 2 missions, they probably surmised that any new missions would just get excessive complaints. That’d be far too much work for something they couldn’t charge any money for.

3 Likes

That’s the approach everyone should be taking, I mean if you are bored. And mostly because it is the only way at the moment.

Asking for more content has been an echo answering an echo lately lol.

So yeah, in the interim, try playing without mastery and don’t go for that versus-all build.

1 Like

I’ve leveled everyone too, but that doesn’t mean I’m good with them all. I can play Zagara, HH, and Swann quite competently, Raynor, Kerrigan, and Dehaka pretty competently, and kind of stumble through the game with the rest. I won’t be dead weight or anything, but I haven’t memorized build orders, know their units inside and out, anything like that. That’s what I mean by learn a commander; REALLY know them. Even if you eliminate a few commanders because you dislike them, that’s still a lot of stuff to learn.

Yes, your unit comps.

1 Like

The problem with learning a new commander as a solution en masse, not including free commanders, is that it tells Blizzard they don’t need to do anything new to get people to keep buying new commanders. When people stop spending money, that’s when they’re gonna worry about creating more incentives to play

3 Likes

Not buying new commanders tells blizzard to abandon coop

1 Like

Co-op is seriously almost without any content right now and for a long time it has been like that (at least weekly mutation is kicking).
Otherwise there wouldn’t be as much demands for “When does new commander show up?” Or “Are going to get new mission” etc in recent times.

Fortunately Arcade can provide few good custo Co-op mission (might as well try your luck in other servers).

The tragic truth of the matter is this, SC2 is ten years old. They’re almost no games out there that get nearly this much support this far into their life spans (Especially without a subscription model). As for the coop mode coming out later… It’s easier to categorize it as some form of DLC, not a whole different game on its own.

And while coop did reach out and draw a whole bunch of players when it first came out, those days are now long gone.

So… Should you or should you not buy CO’s? Who knows. It could be new commanders are released to bring back players for a bit, maybe get them hooked back into versus for a bit, and that’s all. Maybe it’s a bit of money for their pockets, or a justification to keep a small team to maintain it. Either way, Blizzard/Activision is a big boy company, and the amount of money coop brings in compared to all there other ventures is probably piddly.

Tl;Dr keep expectations low, and just have fun however you want. And yes, arcade is still good with constant support from creators.

1 Like

If you are bored with Co-op … try Ladder :wink: :wink:

You know; it’s odd that we never got a map with a Zerg mission provider. Even maps with a Zerg focus had Terran mission providers.

Although; that would beg the question; what Zerg would provide the mission? I’m guessing a Broodmother.

Eh, this would carry more weight if Blizzard was actually striving to make new IPs. You’d think they could at least support the ones they have running if there’s still a community. Both HotS and SC2 co-op are being poorly handled at the moment. :stuck_out_tongue: What else are they doing currently other than the failure of WC3 Reforged, Overwatch 1.5, and Diablo 4 (maybe), and the WoW gravy train? You’d think they could scrape together enough talent to skeleton crew new features/content.

I try to like arcade, but it usually ends up with me waiting 20 minutes for lobbies to fill only for half the players to leave because they don’t like/understand the map. Unless you mean solo maps or something.

Maybe Abathur’s protege?

Abathur is unique entity among the Zerg. He has no protege.

And needs no protégée since he’s ever evolving.