Bunny vs Trap was Embarrassing

It was embarrassing for blizzard and the balance team. It was disgusting to see the games play out this way and reflects just how broken the matchup is. Literally everything Bunny did bounced right off the protoss while Protoss seemed to have free reign over the entire map at any given moment. This is fundamentally broken in the sense that if both players played perfectly Protoss would never lose. Bunny saw what was coming every time and it didn’t even matter, Trap just threw down the proxy batteries because Terran doesn’t have enough units to kill them before a voidray is out frying marines instantly.

Oh well I can’t even stand to play this game anymore whether I’m playing protoss, whether I’m winning or losing, its just an all around awful experience. These broken strats need to be patched out, there isn’t a chance in hell blizzard intended for offensive batteries to be used in this way, eventhough it was so obvious what would happen.

8 Likes

The moment I gave up on the whole series was when I watched Bunny try and stop the warp prism from dropping sentries and walling the ramp. Bunny realized it didn’t matter where his army was, high ground or low, because he’d lose a base either way. So he split the army, and then it was just over. Sentries went down anyway, pure stalker wiped out the only army he could have without 1-base all-inning, and it was over. It was so frustrating to watch. There’s no doubt Trap was favored and Bunny was punching up getting to the point he was. I didn’t go into it expecting Bunny to win; but it wasn’t even a series. It was just a Protoss beating up a Terran.

5 Likes

What do you mean guys??? Playa recently switched to Terran and had this epiphany.

1 Like

I can build 10 CCs.

Not one of them can destroy anything. :frowning:

I thought GSL was disbanded/ceased… I’m glad it did not.
I’m going to watch the VOD now on youtube. :beverage_box: :smiley: :popcorn:

it was kespa team league that disbanded. and that is missed by me, that stuff was epic

GSL is alive and strong. Lots of great games being played.

Let’s remove sentries, make warp prism 200/100, give warp prism shield healing and speed boosters, and give zealots/stalkers stim that takes -40 of their health and see how Z/T likes being double dropped. Maybe we’ll remove shield battery as well. That way Protoss can multi-prong harass and doom drop Terran and give them a taste of their own medicine.

1 Like

Yeah but that would take the ability to micro, protoss isn’t capable of that. That’s why Blizzard had to give HTs water balloons: Professional level Protoss players were F2+A-moving HTs to death and it was costing them games.

9 Likes

I just watched the series between those two…Ouch. That was unreal. And sad. A whole BO7 without a single macro game? It wasn’t satisifying.

I would have liked to see at least one longer match.

-Spoiler-

A B C

Bunny was complelty shut down 4 times in a row. The double drop from Bunny in game 1 seemed like a wrong call. I don’t think a double drop is necessary that early in the game. But after Traps sentrie play in the second match, Bunnys hopes and motivation compleltly shattered.

Reminds me on the german national soccer team. Once they get behind, once the opposing team gets a goal in before they do, they really have their spirit hurt… :-/

Please, FU from the game and possibly from here. No one will miss you.
Moron.

2 Likes

Clowns will only produce clown-posts.
Please Blizz nerf…Sentry.
The manure that those morons (this is a Plat-one) produce is breathtaking.

Tears of those idiots are so sweet…

1 Like

My favorite thing about these responses is I never even said anything was OP or that Sentry needed adjustments. All I did was describe a game and then the PPP showed up and assumed the strat or unit was OP of their own volition; which suggests that, subconsciously, y’all think the sentry is actually OP and are worried that other people think that.

6 Likes

True, First you generalise all protoss players and people who play all three races (like me), who don’t agree with your nonsense to the ‘PPP’-community. After that you malevolently chose to misinterpret some comments pointing out that every race had its advantages, making you look like the daily average forumtroll. To conclude you chose to spew out some other false and frankly… quite dumb statements like:

According to this nonensical post protoss players aren’t capable of…:

• microing their blink stalkers
  • juggling immortals/ colossi
  • micro their spellcasters (HT, sentries,…)
  • microing voids when cheesing
    -…

One has to understand that if one claims such nonsense it becomes extremely difficult to take one seriously :slight_smile: . Since I play protoss, zerg and terran on a regular basis I can also testify and contradict your ‘claim’: some protossplayers seem to be irritatingly good at their micro. I even think that is what most of the whining is about.

Abraham Lincoln once said: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. There is a lot of truth in that statement.

3 Likes

Please… You wouldn’t have gone that much into detail about that particular strategy if you weren’t bothered by the fact that the sentry was utilized to its full potential. And we are all regulars here, so don’t even try to pretend to take the moral high ground and say something like this:

It’s clear as daylight what you are thinking when you describe a very particular scenario, and we all know you’re on the team that wants to see Protoss nerfed into the ground. You’re not fooling anyone, especially when you project like this:

Did you really think you were smart when you said this? We know you’re just projecting your insecurities onto us, and now you want to shift the narrative like we’re the bad guys for reading between the lines and understanding exactly what you meant to say.

Exactly this

2 Likes

HT. Water. Balloons.
Every S-Tier protoss I’ve ever watched a-moves Disruptors to death the second they aren’t in a warp prism.

Sounds like you should have taken his advice then :clown_face: 40+% of GM with 33% population

The human mind is intrinsically opaque. The only reason you think this is your own projections on to me. I definitely think Protoss is OP, I don’t think Sentries are OP. So stop projecting your own internalization of fact on to me.

Projecting your projection? Interesting tactic, doesn’t work here though.

Another person quoting the advice they should be taking themselves :clown_face:

5 Likes

Now you’re throwing my argument back at me again because you have no real response to what I’ve said :skull: there’s no wit behind your replies. Do you wonder why people find it so difficult to talk to people like you? You can’t even make a good enough comeback whenever we take jabs at you guys. Just an endless spiral of degeneracy every time.

2 Likes

The clown can’t take any of them (College or Elf) and what he does? He tries to take BOTH in the same time.

Reminds me of USA that after successfully failing in Afganistan they delude themselves to take Russia and China simultaneously…
It’s on the nature of clowns to double down after each failure.

1 Like

So sad and so true…

1 Like

Don’t see you helping Playa with his offrace… tsk tsk…