Bluetooth MPOW Headset no sound SC2

My Bluetooth MPOW Headset has no sound in SC2. Headset known good in all other Blizzard games. I’ve unpaired the device and re-paired and still had same issue. Haven’t found a mute option in game.

Howdy!

I wanted to make sure I set a proper expectation of our support for Bluetooth headsets and still provide a possible workaround for you! Bluetooth headsets are commonly used to transfer via small amounts data. They are not intended to be used for gaming thus are not supported for any of our games.

Bluetooth headsets and Wireless headsets are different things. Wireless headsets use dongles to transfer data wirelessly (similar to regular wireless) these can be treated similarly to Analog or USB headsets and should work fine.

Bluetooth is broken down in 3 Audio profiles:

• Headset – 8kHz / 8bits (Mono sound channel)
  • Hands-Free - 16kHz / 8bits (Mono sound channels, allows more control on your phone)
    - A2DP - (Allows for near CD quality audio but no microphone)

You “may” be able to use Headset or Hands-Free settings. A2DP (Stereo on Windows) will never work. You may also consult the manufacturer of the device for recommended settings. Though we do not recommend trying to use voice chat and normal sound with these. Try to just get sound to work maybe possible with some sets.

I hope this information helps you out!