Blizzard needs full transparency for the balance council

And do what about it?

Even if they were, we dont get a vote. How does making their identities public change the buffs they implement?

1 Like

dude seriously all your doing is trying to troll for a reaction, if you dont like the post move on.

Hey man, its not my fault you dont have an explanation for your claim that isnt ā€œweā€™re going to harass them into making the changes we want.ā€

1 Like

the only one here harrassing anyone is you bud. your also trying to put words into my mouth. also what makes you think harrassing would even make them do anything in first place.

I donā€™t, particularly. I keep asking you to explain how you get from knowing their identities to them changing their behavior because you havenā€™t actually said how that works at all. Its like that 4 step meme where the third step is just ???, and youre actively refusing to fill it in.

1 Like

dude ive already answered your question quite thoroughly. all your doing is trying to goat me in to something to get me banned.

If you have, you should be able to quote what you said the community can do with their identities to get them to change how they balance the game then.

I never said i want to change how they balance the game, i said i would like to see transparency so we can see if they are balanceing the game towards there self rather than the community. Its to keep things fair. not get them to do our bidding. I mean for crying out loud we got pros on the balance council, who are in high level tourneys, that make money, and you dont think, thats a bit wrong in the first place. If we knew who exactly was on the balance council then again we will be able to see if said people are doing it to further there carear rather than balance it for community itself.

Emphasis mine.

Quoting is fun!

make it more fair as in we wont have them balanceing it in there favor. how hard is it to understand such a simple concept

Again, why would they not be balancing it in their favor (assuming theyre doing that in the first place)? What is knowing their identities going to do to change that?

dude im not answering you anymore, ive done it enough, if you cant read and understand thats on you.

Its a balance COUNCIL. A council which discusses changes with all membersā€¦ as a councilā€¦ and coming to consensusā€¦ as a council. A council that would include multiple reps from each race. Not to mention theres no way that some knowledgeable reps from blizzard arent in on it to some extent. Theres not going to be a council of only zergs running unchecked.

For example, even if their are active pros in the group, they wouldnā€™t let each other just run the table. Theyd all have to agree to all changes. And for those who want to judge if the members are competent or not, hush you megalomaniac charlatan freaks.

1 Like

No, you feel entitled to have more transparency for whatever reason.

Self entitlement is different from ā€˜needā€™.

In concept I agree but in practiceā€¦no lol. Do you have any idea how maladjusted some nerds are? Weā€™re talking about people so crazy and unhinged theyā€™ll SWAT you, send death threats, etc. Hell Iā€™m sure thereā€™s more than one of these oxford cloth buttoned down psychos whoā€™d actually hire a hitman.

So no, we cannot know whoā€™s on the balance council for their safety.

2 Likes

Actually i believe it would change a lot of things, because at least we would know if there is more or less T/Z/P players and what rank they hold. Historically there were many ridiculous balance patches that surprised even pro players. I still believe that balance team is heavy zerg favoured. Otherwise how can you explain so many buffs to zerg, zerg dominating pro scene since 2017 and the only meaningful nerf zerg received in the last 7 years was infestor nerf where they removed infested terran (recently infestor was rebuffed with 75 starting energy and fungal range making it potent again). Why would you buff ultras 3 times in a row, why buffing viper, why buffing brood lord speed ? Only biased or incompetent people can do these changes.

What would this change? We donā€™t get a vote on the balance council. Short of antagonizing them into making decisions we want, which is flatly unacceptable, how does us knowing who is on it affect their decision making at all?

2 Likes

I understand long posts donā€™t tend to get read well but I really need to be abundantly clear.

I invite you to spend more time on the internet.

Itā€™s not the ā€œgod X is a horrible personā€ posts - which is, by all rights, absolutely terrible and not something that anyone should be subjected to for trying to keep a game they love alive - itā€™s the ridiculous in-person levels of having bombs delivered to their houses.

There are absolute stark raving lunatics on the internet and you do not want to enable them.

The whole reason to have a council, group of people; is so that they can internally account for individual bias by requiring consensus.

While, inevitably, there will be some character to what those people care about entirely because of their context, I expect this to all come from people who care, because thatā€™s why theyā€™re spending time on this.

In essence, suppose three players - In order for them to address an issue, it first has to be agreed that it is an issue. This becomes weird as you add people because it creates the ability to perform back-scratching underhandedness.

Knowing the precise who of the group does not make a difference on what decisions they should be making.

If it makes any difference to their decisions, it would be only because they become afraid to propose changes because of how much people donā€™t like changes and trivially become overly toxic and rude. See earlier point about how public figures have gotten bombs mailed to their houses.

I donā€™t see, in what capacity, knowing who is on makes a difference compared to knowing the qualifications of those people.

Like, if we know thereā€™s 5 players of each race, and they all play 50 games a week, and all of them have 5.5 to 6k MMR; that tells us a very different story than if there were only three Zergs, the Terrans average 40 games a week, or the Protoss rank 5k-5.5k.

I would like to know the composition of this council, but knowing who they are doesnā€™t give me much if any information besides some list of qualifications like above on how much faith Iā€™d have in them making good decisions besides liking or hating them as individuals, which is something that shouldnā€™t have much if any place when weā€™re discussing balance.

Now imagine how much worse it would be if the harassment was perpetual. Unavoidable, physical mail.

Like, these are not people who should have to be public relations managers. Thereā€™s a reason why thatā€™s an entire job, and deciding how the game should be balanced or how things should work in it is not titled ā€œPR repā€, itā€™s ā€œgame designerā€.

To use a false example, time and energy spent on PR work is effort not spent on game design, which is the thing we actually care about getting.

No. Kelthar is asking you a question. A very simple question.

Why does knowing the precise who of the group members make a difference?

Yes, we know pro players have been privy to the group; and we know that pro players will suggest changes that are very conservative because their job literally depends on it still existing in a few months.

There being more than two or three members is all you need in order to make sure that thereā€™s a variety of perspectives actually going into identifying what problems exist and secondarily verifying that those things are in fact problems.

Because you keep not answering the question that was asked and instead pivot to something that is related but isnā€™t actually an answer, so Kelthar is having to beat the answer out of you instead of you actually giving it.

3 Likes

Ok being 100 % honest:

so that we know whom we can blame for poor and controversial balance decision. Balance team is doing their job but we, the community, have no clue who these people are. This implies that balance team may be biased or incompetent. In that case these people should be removed from their position and replaced with those who have decent theoretical and practical knowledge. If i remember you are protoss player so arenā€™t you tired of zerg domination since 2017 at pro level ?

Prior to 2017 balancing the game was the job of David Kim so at least community could give him some feedback what they like, and what they donā€™t like. Now this is no longer possible because we donā€™t know who is on the team and we cannot address them.

We donā€™t get a vote on who is on the team. Us knowing or not knowing makes no difference to who is on the team or what they do, unless we start harassing them (which is bad).

Do you follow yet?