Better Game Balance v4.252 Update

Hello everybody, figured I would tell you guys that my extension mod Better Game Balance recently got some new changes that I think you should check out, along with what I have planned. I was thrilled at how well received the changes were(after people actually played them in game) and feedback was great from testing.

What’s new

v4.252 has more or better description details explaining each change for most of the changes. For those interested in the reasoning.

3 new changes have been added:

• Long requested Queen AA range reduction
  • Auto-turret cast range increase
  • More Oracle utility to reduce the reliance on Observers.

What’s planned

A sentry change that should help stabilize early PvP and another that should make hallucination usage more diverse.

Where can you play the mod and all the changes

It’s on all servers and I’m always looking for more testers.

Full change list: [Extension Mod] Better Game Balance(v5.0)

2 Likes

Feel free to add me ingame if you are interested in testing all the changes in the mod or just want to do some games:

MyOhMind#1910

Any feedback on the recent set of changes?

see there’s no way in hell any zerg wants queen AA reduction, would not play. lol.

enjoy you better for terran balance mod

1 Like

But you know eventually much like the charge damage, the Queen AA range might get looked at.

That’s insultingly inaccurate. Toss and Zerg both get buffs.

Yeah most zergs cry because the bc is so strong, that’s why they nerfed the bc a little bit, still bc is a very ok unit overall.

I don’t think queens will be nerfed soon. It’s a fantastic all round core unit that Zerg like to build like 10 of them haha.

1 Like

Well here is what’s interesting. Terrans complain(on reddit anyways) about TvZ Bio not being “viable enough”, when the entire reason why Zerg is able to get out of control is because Queens are able to defend so much early harassment unless you open BC.

So this change helps make more openers viable vs Zergs.

1 Like

Giving a quick update, the mod has now been updated to v4.253.

In it I swapped out the Lurker change for a Burrow change.

I’ll give it a spin once I get back home for christmas and get more time on my hands.

2 Likes

I’ll give it a spin once I get back home for christmas and get more time on my hands.

Sounds good, it would be great to get some testing with the new changes.

how to play it? I cant find anything with that name in the library

Go to Custom -> Melee -> Create with Extension Mod -> search for “Better Game Balance”

How to read a my oh mind thread:

1. Mark as spam
  2. Dont read thread
3 Likes

Spam?. How often do I make threads?.

Updated it to v2.258.

EDIT: Mod is now updated to v4.259

thx! i will try to play it today

They can complain all they want. You’re taking feedback from diamond and lower level players.

The problem with the game for 1v1 is not the unit balance, which is why we still have a terrible game state even after all the changes.

What people need to wake up and realize is that the map pool is heavily favored for Zerg, and until you people finally wake up and realize that this is the underlying problem you can change unit interactions all you would like, because it won’t change anything until map makers realize a very fundamental basic concept of which Zerg was originally designed.

I’m taking feedback from M-GM level players.

Reducing Queen range is… okay… but Zerg’s early game sucks. I’m not sure what you can do tweaking the early game for Zerg, though. It just seems pretty inflexible.