Baneling is the best unit in this game

You would go widow mine hydra lurker. On top of that, on creep, speedlings would be able to retreat before the impact of the mine’s payload.

As for medivac baneling, they already have medivac widow mine, which is better because invisible widow mines will remain after the fact and still threaten a mineral line and both require immediate drone pull.

2 Likes

Good points. XD

Mines do require a bit of micro, since you must position them, and should try to focus and then load them back in the medivac (prior to armory at least). And they have a significant sieging time.

Now you’re right, conceptually zerg units are often individually less efficient (but compensate in numbers), while protoss high tech unit are often more efficient (but in low numbers). Terrans are somewhere between the two, with their units in intermediate numbers and more efficient than Z’s, but often requiring some kind of condition (positioning/siegeing or on the contrary to be kept moving) in order to reach max efficiency.

That’s a matter of design :

• at one end you’ve got the low tech baneling, which is essentially melee and disposable splash. Yet, it’s very mobile.
  • at middle ground tech wise, you’ve got the short ranged (but ranged) widow mine splash, which requires sieging, and may or may not be reused.
  • at the top of the tech design, you’ve got the disruptor, which is long ranged, reusable but also mobile splash.

And it’s generally always like that (overlord < medivac < warprism for example in terms of effective army transportation capabilities), the balancing being made with numbers, costs, timing and respective counters. :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s fundamentally not how the races are designed. Terran’s primary goal is to use MM to kite back into widow mines etc with their superior zoning and range. Zerg is the polar opposite being the one to flank and abuse mobility. You’re still out ranged by siege tanks, there’s nothing that you can use to pull us into widow mines. Zerg units do not mesh with widow mines. There’s one benefit though, Zerg will finally have the early game AA that they’ve been dreaming of. Zerg widow mines would be used like they originally intended with shredders, being completely separate from the army.

I wouldn’t say baneling is the best unit in the game but it’s near the top.
I do think the fact they one shot probes and wreck units they aren’t supposed to wreck is problematic.

1 Like

As a zerg player, if I had widow mines I would burrow them around the map for vision for sh nydus XD

The major problem is : you are platinum so you don’t understand this game.

Seems pretty funny when banelings is used in every matchup vs every comp. I doubt widow mine can do better.

Precisely! The fact that Bane can’t hit air, it’s not plant and forget is such a huuuuge bonus for Zerg.
We terrans are so skilled in under-valueing our own units and over-valueing the P/Z units, that now it is a matter of jokes.

2 Likes

I’m afraid underestimated one’s units, and overestimating the ones of the others is a sorrily shared trait among all races.

If you’re not convinced I invite you to browse this section. :laughing:

He’s clearly not ready for the truth, especially with the fact that he’s responded and thinks he’s right.

Make that diamond 3

They can also fight T3 units that are supposed to counter them.

You’ve already lost by arguing this. You need a new prescription for your lenses because they are covered in Terran tears.

No, baneling build time is 31 seconds. It takes 17 seconds to make zerglings. It takes 14 seconds to morph them.

This is a prime example of Terran forum whiners denying indisputable facts. A widow mine direct shot does 125 damage, and banelings do either 18 or 35 direct damage. You are looking for excuses to whine that don’t even exist at this point… Also, 1 baneling can 1 shot 100 workers. So can widow mines. If you stack the units closely, they will have similar effects. Also, widow mines don’t need upgrades. But you keep believing whatever false fantasies are running through your head.

He’s clearly not ready for the truth

as evidenced by his response

All of a sudden he’s gone completely silent… XD

3 Likes

this guy isnt me i have never complained about banelings.

The balance team literally just said that both Terran matchups are fine. Can’t pull any league card on the balance team right??

Checkmate.

LEARN TO PLAY

1 Like

Yep, except some statistic says sh is most cost efficient, but it doesn’t work against bio.

So it doesn’t matter, overall bane is best unit. That was just interesting side note…
They gave it randomly +5 hp, because 16 marine drop (which is no dead) and because byun was too good at snipping bannelings… And never reverted it.
ON TOP OF THAT: THEY REDUCE RESEARCH TIME OF BANE SPEED UPGRADE ROFL !!! And it has literally same damage against light, against armored it doesn’t matter at least in TvZ, not that previous nerf would do anything, all it takes is just another bane, or ling hit to finish of marines…

When balance team said anything, which made sense, or was correct. You are completely out of touch with reality. I read almost every balance patch and play this game since WoL and i was 5300mmr, you are some bronze trash…

That’s not why they gave banelings +5 hp.

Yes that;'s literally reason, you are clueless…
Tanks have no advantage against banes in LOTV, except like doing 2 more damage from 1 splash hit, which doesn’t matter at all. Because tanks suck vs ling/bane comps. No one goes tanks vs ling/bane, except if you are all ining, or early push…

2 damage to a 30 hp unit does make a difference. It makes less of a difference to 35 hp units though.

Oh, no one goes tank vs ling bane anymore? Better tell that to Inno, Maru, HeroMarine…guess you’re better than them though and I will be seeing you at Katowice?

You’re right, nothing else but siege tanks shoot banes meaning having more leftover health does nothing. Damn, you got me. Everyone knows that Terrans move out with just tanks and leave their bio well behind them because friendly fire. You’re so smart!

I never said tanks were a counter. You claimed no one builds them:

which is factually inaccurate. Top Terrans use tanks against Ling Bane. Not to hard counter, but they still use them in macro games.

LIterally one of the least cost effective units in the game. Why do you love being wrong?

1 Like

No it is not, since they buffed bane hp, PvZ literally become unwinable. And dropped after that patch insanely, Zerg was even 44% one period… And TvZ also become sh1t and certain timings stopped to work… It was 7 rax all in every game, literally … 3 base… You are zerg player, figures, you don’t even know your own race…

lol, Protoss has been at 40%+ for years and Zerg is at 27% now.

Protoss has had the most amount of players in the top 10 for years. There’s 4 Protoss in the top 10 in Korea and the foreign scene while Zerg only has 2 players. Literally everything you’re saying is wrong.

https://imgur.com/qFia4pQ

By far one of the least cost efficient units in the game. Next time do some research before you spew garbage.

1 Like