[Article] SC2 Devs Want to Make SC3

pcgamer . com/it-sure-sounds-like-starcraft-2s-devs-would-like-to-make-starcraft-3/

SC2 devs want to make SC3 but it sounds like Blizzard doesn’t think there is enough support for a new RTS game.

You know what this means, lads. The time has come once more to massively troll the forums until we get what we want!

32 Likes

Let’s make it happen.How many copies does blizzard want me to buy?

In all seriousness I would like to think that coop and war chest printing money would be enough to convince them that this franchise has a future.

Learn from the mistakes of this game and SC3 could return Starcraft to its rightful place on top of the gaming world. In the words of some actor nobody cares about “just do it!”.

15 Likes

I was so sure their campaigns always sold well.

3 Likes

And then nobody in the Western world buys it because they are too busily boycotting Blizzard games over the Hong Kong fiasco.

Ouch.

1 Like

Not everyone is boycotting Blizzard. Enjoying the games and Blizzard aren’t mutually exclusive. You can love StarCraft and still be extremely disappointed in Blizzard.

5 Likes

I was joking. Sorry for the bad joke.

I do have to point out that boycotts will still have a significant impact on marketing, though. If a significant portion of the fanbase boycotts, the higher-ups will look at the profit figures, think something along the lines of oh, this game isn’t making money, so why should we bother with a sequel or support? and boom. We get nothing.

3 Likes

Is early for SC3, they need to fix SC2 first.
They should bring back WoL/HotS ladders, make older replays compatible and give options to don’t show skins. These are/were some of the most requested things of community.
So they need to first listen to community, fix SC2 and then move on. If they still don’t listen to community and remains with the same ideas in SC3 that game will sink too.

Run wild my brothers! Balance whiners and trolls UNITE! Let the servers tremble before our posts!

1 Like

So we all have to turn into whine Terrans?

7 Likes

I think it’s way too early.
Fix sc2. Possibly make one last expansion for it.

Nope, you just have to turn into a forum poster. Happens to the best of us…

7 Likes

Warden’s on the floor.

Line up. Line up. Warden’s on the floor…

1 Like

Last I heard SC:R still has all kinds of bugs and issues the original game had. I don’t think they’d care to leave SC2 as-is if they could work on a third StarCraft.

StarCraft I is more or less considered in a finished state where it doesn’t need balance changes though.

StarCraft II arguably isn’t.

I personally think it is too early for an SC3 at this point. The development period is probably going to be quite long though, so maybe it won’t seem to early when it is actually released.

3 Likes

Yaaasss! I want this way more then a Warcraft3 reforged. GIVE ME NEW PROTOSS OR GIVE ME DEATH!

5 Likes

I read this in a John de lance voice lol

1 Like

Did I get hired somewhere? Do I get paid?

With how long sc2 took, I think they’d better start earlier rather than later.

6 Likes

They did start with project titan but that sort of skyrocketed to a new direction. Also not an rts game TwT

Yeah, I realized that as I was typing, hence the development period comment. If they started now, it might still take around 4-6 years before the game came out.

That is assuming that they don’t just update the SC2 engine and use that as base for a new game. That is an option this time considering how advanced the SC2 engine actually is.