And you expect them to have the guts to make a real balance patch?

htt ps://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/08/hearthstone-pro-calls-for-hong-kong-liberation-during-live-blizzard-interview

Blizz bans a GM pro and 2 casters for supporting Hong Kong on air. Blizzard is a subservient yesman for the CCP and you all expect them to have the infestinal fortitude to actually nerf BL/infestor? They wont even stand up to a few thousand corrupt officials, nevermind trillions of zerg.

50 Likes

thats a scummy move from blizz,but it has little to do with the balance team…
thats just incompetence

12 Likes

China is one of their biggest markets. They are not going to lose it over politics.

The nba did the same thing.

The goal of a business is to make money.

11 Likes

Adding more to this:

Yeah, not a good look for Blizzard. the irony is that they did the very thing that they accused the pro-player of doing.

Right, make money at the expense of every human right known to man.

21 Likes

In what way is blizzard making money at the expense of human rights?

2 Likes

Do you actually know and understand what the whole hong-kong thing is about? Because that’s what it’s all around right now.

Anyway, I wasn’t making the comment for blizzard specifically, just big companies in general - of which Blizzard is one.

5 Likes

Yes I know what it’s about.

ensuring that their games’ players and staff do not make political remarks so as to not to lose markets is not making money at the expense of civil rights.

4 Likes

Money over fairness. If one race being stronger than another can benefit Blizzard money wise - at least if that’s their belief - then you can only assume they wouldn’t bother trying to balance the game.

Paid imbalance team. You surely can’t look at LotV’s history and say anyone got paid to balance the game.

Blizzard didn’t want to lose their easy money so they took the cowardly way out.

5 Likes

Im sure there was one guy on the olympic committee during hitlers reign that said the same thing. Why let african americans compete? Why speak up about their human rights abuses? We can’t afford to lose our german markets…

Companies are made up of people. People who in turn, have ethical responsibilies by virtue of living on this planet with the rest of us. Labelling it a corporation doesn’t magically change that. By punishing people for speaking out on China’s ongoing human rights abuses, Blizz is complicit. I’m gonna sell all my stock later today in ACTI, and they won’t be seeing another cent out of my pocket because I want nothing to do with weak minded cronies who lack the gumption to tell a bunch of authoritarian, genocidal, organ harvesting maniacs no. (And google “china organ harvesting” if you doubt me, hopefully you don’t also doubt reuters and wikipedia).

3 Likes

Honestly, all of you here with free time to post need to spend at least a little time raising hell and making blizz uncomfortable over this disgusting display of cowardice and complicity. They ought to reinstate that player and those two casters and issue them an apology and we ought to be doing whatever we can to make that a reality.

3 Likes

Hitler actually recognised the achievements of the African American athelete while the Americans downplayed it.

Terrible example.

3 Likes

Blizzard probably got a call that went something like “ban this guy or we ban your games.” and since they’ve already sold their core fan base down the river chasing the Chinese market the choice of money over principle was an easy one for them.

Similarly China is trying to strong arm the NBA into firing Houston’s GM for tweeting in support of HK. Fortunately they haven’t done that yet, so yeah for those who checked, Blizzard has less integrity than the freaking NBA.

4 Likes

Im glad we found the one ethical issue that can draw you out of the woodwork to post.

Do we know each other?

Blizzard is not complicit and the ethical responsibilities you speak of are a figment of your imagination.

You are perfectly free to sell your ACTI stock.

I know china harvests organs and whatnot. I don’t see what that has to do with Blizzard preserving its market.

By the way, if you live in the U.S., Canada, Australia, or a EU country, there is plenty of blood on your hands.

2 Likes

Maybe that pro shouldn’t bring politic issue into a video game in the first place?

Why would he wants to do that in the first place?

4 Likes

Really… you don’t?

Being born in a country and having nothing to do with it’s history does not put blood on your hands. Besides, every country has done terrible things and most of them continue to do so. The difference is if you actually support their actions.

2 Likes

I don’t see how they are related because they are not related.

It has nothing to do with “history”

The U.S. has dropped a quarter million bombs in the middle east and central asia, killing countless civilians as collateral damage. Our access to cheap oil is in large part due to dealings with middle eastern dictators, many of which were basically installed by the U.S. We dump money into Israel and sell weapons to war criminals around the world. All this is going on now and has been for a while.

If you pay taxes, and enjoy the beautiful American life, you have blood on your hands.

5 Likes

By the way, if you live in the U.S., Canada, Australia, or a EU country, there is plenty of blood on your hands.

Your whataboutism argument isn’t doing much good for you.

1 Like