An attempt to create an accurate WoL canon mission order

My personal canon is that Vorazun wasn’t sent with Alarak on Aiur just because she really complements him as the subtle infiltration assassin that perfectly covers the brutal psionic powerhouse of raw strength.

It was because Talandar would get into a fight with Alarak, Karax would get bullied and Artanis was like … “I’m in charge, I don’t need this”.

Vorazun being like… “I will do it. For our people. Y’all owe me big time though.”

2 Likes

He has to be present to command the troops in the Shatter in the Sky. He also has to be present down in the tunnels to command your covert group. There is no way you can send down 40 ghosts + Rory all down in the tunnels without attracting some sort of attention from the zerg swarm.

Only you, Brother. All my real life friends say that I need to be better at understand social queue and emotion.

Hey, could you tell me why there are plenty of free movie tickets lying around? I believe it’s due to the fact that once all the sellable tickets are sold. All the empty seats no longer have any value. They might as well release it for friend and family. My friend keep telling me that my theory is fault and that the corrected reason ties up with social etiquette. How exactly does being polite produce an empty seat in any theater?

No argument there. Now, if only anyone could convince me that Artanis knows about that at the time, I will concede the point.

Oh, please. Christianity no longer sell. It haven’t been for a long time now.

He doesn’t. There is no reason to think he’s the only competent person around in the whole invasion. Horner would be perfectly capable leading the mission in Shatter the Sky.

Jimmy is a pathetic, yet somehow hypercompetent drunk. He’s not a second coming of Tamerlane or Alexander the Great.

Also Jimmy, Tychus, Swann and Stetmann are not as good as 12 marines, 4 Marauders and 6 Medics in lore. Their HP and stuff like that are a gameplay gimmick. If we stuck to gameplay those four could kill freaking PQoB without Leviathan with some decent micro.

Artanis knows that Amon corrupted Khala and that there are Khalai on Shakuras. He also knows that the GA is controlled by Amon now and that he wants to kill (enslave and then kill if possible) all Protoss. It’s kinda simple.

Artanis knows that Nerazim are the reason why Protoss are not goners at that point. One just paid with his life to save him. He needs them.

If Raynor isn’t present to command the troops in the Shatter of the Sky mission, who is Horner talking to? Mission #27 "Shatter the Sky" - SC2 Brutal Walkthrough - YouTube

Also, Warfield says that Raynor only has time to do only one of the missions. Either command the troops on the platform or strike force in tunnels: BELLY OF THE BEAST - StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - Ep.25! - YouTube

Ha - hey, our preferred Heart of the Swarm arc order is exactly the same (Kaldir, Char, Zerus, Space, Skygeirr).

For me it’s because I hate the idea of playing without Roaches and Hydras. When I was raised my first game was Age of Empires 2 and my dad’s strategy was to always keep his units alive.

This philosophy can’t work if you play with Zerglings and Banelings.

Story justification is that I go for Kaldir to get a smaller force so I am ready for Char and then I go face the unknown of Zerus with Zagara and her brood back in fold.

Then Space before Skygeirr, because I MUST SAVE JIMMY.

I am not saying it is like this… I am saying that it doesn’t make sense that Raynor has to be at both places at once.

I am saying that he could take the command of the Nydus missions, while Horner who is fairly competent and experienced at this sort of thing would be perfectly capable of completing this mission. Horner is actually more experienced than Raynor when it comes to space combat.

Jimmy is a Marine turned Commander, Horner is a pilot turned Captain turned Admiral.

Yeah, that’s pretty much my storyline-based reasoning, too.

Plus, if you do Kaldir first, then Kerrigan attacking Zeratul when he shows up on the Leviathan makes a little bit more sense and is a little more powerful. She must feel guilty for just slaughtering a civilian Protoss colony, and - even though she doesn’t have her Queen of Blades memories back - it would make sense in that scenario that she would presuppose Zeratul is there to assassinate her as retribution for what she has just done.

If you do Char first, then it’s just like… Kerrigan, WTF?

You know… if you remember the cutscene where she finished off dying Warfield, Warfield says no matter what is the mission order “You are not even human anymore”.

Either it’s a clever insult from Warfield or a clear implication that Zerus has happened. I like to think it was an insult and that Warfield called Kerrigan inhuman because of her actions.

2 Likes

Kerrigan? Feeling guilty? What? (You probably not get it, but we have this whole conclusion down about Kerrigan being so evil with no remose)

Not neccesary. Kerrigan remember enough to be wary of him. Also, it’s Kerrigan; fist first unless Jimmy is concerned.

But Artanis didn’t know for sure that the Golden Armada is going straight to Shakuras. (Actually, where is the Golden Armada, anyway? We didn’t see them until the very end) It’s possible that Amon might also be going after the Keystone. It’s also not all Protoss as much as all life. He starts with the Golden Armada because it’s the largest army that he could convert to his side.

And then told him to go get the Keystone.

1 Like

Golden Armada is bullying Terrans.

It couldn’t really go after Protoss since Shakuras was blown up and Nerazim evacuated.

If Golden Armada didn’t go straight for Shakuras, it’s actually even better, because then he saves everyone.

But we know for a fact that the Golden Armada didn’t attack Shakuras even prior to its being blown up. (This is on an unrelated notice. I’m just curious where is the Armada)

How so? Remember his plan is never to blow up Shakuras. I’m not even sure if he want to evacuate and abandon the planet.

He knows he has his own Zerg and he has Hybrids on Aiur already and those attack.

It was actually a sound decision by Amon to use Zerg and Hybrids. Protoss can’t “free” the attacking Zerg, which was possible in Khalai case (nerve cords).

Anyway the fact that Shakuras can be done after Korhal doesn’t mean that they get attacked later, only that Nerazim are good at holding out.

In general I think that anyone thinking that Artanis would prefer Korhal over Shakuras is callous or stupid.

Supporting evidence - picking Vorazun ASAP to get dialogue options.

I agree. The Nerazim much better equip at this than the Dominion. The Nerazim should be able to hold out. The Dominion on the other hand couldn’t.

:rage:

… Can’t really argue with that!

1 Like

I agree. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yes. Precisely. It may be meta of me, but that line is my main reason for preferring Char before Zerus.

If Zerus precedes Char, he’s just stating a fact. If Char precedes Zerus, it’s unmistakable that he intends what he’s saying morally, personally. That she’s lost all goodness, all integrity, all human warmth. Much more powerful than “you’re obviously bad because you have Zerg parts again.”

Yeah, true. She should have been written as more conflicted throughout HotS. It feels right that she expresses guilt in the epilogue, but it would make more sense if she had expressed those feelings earlier in the storyline. Kind of out-of-the-blue at the end.

2 Likes

Awesome! Solid point there about A Sinister Turn.

Also, holy cr@p, I was on vacation for one week and this thread exploded with replies. Thank y’all guys (and girls :smiley: ).

As for HotS and LotV, as someone noted things are much simpler, because of the limited options. I really despise the comic-canon (Char-Zerus-Kaldir), but it exists. My personal headcanon is Char-Kaldir-Zerus, with Char being the most logical place to go first and find a Leviathan (+ the Warfield cinematic losing much of its power if Kerrigan is already PQoB), then Kaldir in order to bring the stray brood into the fold and finally Zerus. I gotta admit though, if you aim to pick up all the side characters aboard the Leviathan ASAP for the most dialogue (which was a main point for my WoL headcanon), the canon order makes the most sense, since Char gives you Zagara, and Zerus - Dehaka and both of them stay with you until the end. Kaldir only gives you Lassara and she dies at the end of the arc anyway.

As for LotV, I firmly support the “Shakuras first” fandom.

1 Like

Would you mind telling me why so that I can obliterate your point? If you have something else other than those juicy dialogue, that is.