An attempt to create an accurate WoL canon mission order

Woman in her case. Spirit is our resident witch.

:scream:

(Normal for me. Hard is too hard to enjoy everything)

You have no idea! Especially if you want to challenge yourself and save every Gorgon!

Bravo! Nicely done!
Though I still don’t get what makes Belly of the Beast canon as opposed to Shatter the Sky. I always do it, and it makes All In many a lot easier. So I fail to see a single lore reason why Shatter the Sky isn’t canon.

Now will you do one like this for HotS and LotV, it’s a lot easier. :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 Like

It makes the most sense tactically to go for Shatter in the Sky because you’d much rather cripple aerial mobility.

However, I’m not sure if Raynor is simultaneously holding down Warfield’s position and remotely commanding troops on the platform above. If he was, it’d make more sense for him to send out a covert ops team including himself to destroy the tunnels.

Actually, there isn’t as much left as you think. Heart of the Swarm’s canon order is known. Although, a small minority, like me, have a lot of problem with it and refuse to acknowledge the order. I should also tell you that I have one of the loudest voice around here. As for the Legacy of the Void, most Poster agree that Shakuras first then Korhal and then Glacius. Unfortunately, a small vocal minority is against it and keep insisting that Korhal comes before Shakuras. Hence, the topic is quite a mine field and will incur 100+ yelling match.

As such the only order he/she could safely propose is what happens after Ulnar.

What’s the canon order of planets in HotS?

Char-Zerus-Kaldir

We know this because of the Niadra comic. Niadra remembers Kerrigan as Primal Queen of Blades and this comic was penned by Valerie Watrous who was a lead writer at the time so it’s definitely canon. Only way for Niadra to remember Kerrigan as Primal is by Zerus preceding Kaldir and Zerus cannot precede Char in that case.

I think Skygeirr precedes Space, but I would need Marsaro to confirm this. This order is known from “The Story so Far” from the old official site.

I actually prefer taking down Nydus Worms. I always think about Air.

That whole thing makes no sense. He’s sending only a small team down the caverns. It’s a gameplay decision. There is no reason to think Raynor is the only competent person to pull off these missions. Send the small team down the caverns and send the fleet and marines on the platform.

1 Like

Ah, my apologies, Spirit! Thanks for letting me know, Skehan.

Yeah, I know that the people who are really good at this game can breeze through the campaigns on Brutal, but I’m at the level where Hard is usually pretty fun and either easy or moderately difficult (missions vary widely), so it’s the perfect difficulty for me. I often struggle on Brutal, but I experience Normal difficulty as trivial.

Nova: Covert Ops was harder for me than the other three campaigns, though. Even on Hard, Flashpoint was really hard until I managed to eliminate Brood Lords and Mutalisks.

Oh, and Spirit: yeah, I can’t imagine playing “End Game” on Brutal and trying to save every Gorgon. Yikes.

Oh my gosh - Spirit, I am 100% with you on that! I too refuse to acknowledge Char–>Zerus–>Kaldir. It’s unquestionably the worst, least effective, most nonsensical order.

I am certain - I would bet cold hard cash - that Blizzard didn’t intend to canonize that order. They’re just sloppy with their lore. This isn’t George R. R. Martin keeping everything tied together here. I’m sure when they had that Niadra comic made, it featured Zergy Kerrigan just because that’s sort of the marketing-default image of Kerrigan in this franchise, and no one bothered to think about the details.

I absolutely refuse to acknowledge that as canon. Kaldir is obviously first, for several different but compelling reasons. I personally think Kaldir–>Char–>Zerus is best, though I respectfully acknowledge that a case can be made for Zerus before Char.

In LotV, I really think that after Ulnar it has got to go Tal’Darim–>Purifiers–>Moebius Corp. Gotta deal with loose end Alarak before he gets antsy or changes his mind or starts something. Then, you go get another whole army before trying to literally take down the entirety of Amon’s Terran forces.

2 Likes

Kaldir-Char-Zerus makes sense because of gameplay.

Most consensus is to put Slayn anywhere, but the first. This is simply to show Alarak who is the Boss. I prefer to put him in the middle. Want me to go to Slayn? Nah, I’m going to Endion first. Want me to set course for Aiur? Nah, I’m going to Ravenscar.

1 Like

Alarak only councils wisdom. Whether or not you heed it is up to you.

Slayn second is intuitive. You want to piss off Alarak, but not too much. Also Revanscar appears later than Slayn.

That doesn’t make sense. Wasn’t Niadra one of all the Brood Mothers that attacked Korhal with Kerrigan. My thoughts are:

Umoja -> Kaldir -> Zerus -> Char -> Space -> Skygeirr -> Korhal

After fleeing Umoja Kerrigan goes to the first brood in sight, and finds it frozen etc. After that Zeratul shows up and tells her about Zerus. And after requiring her powers, she’s able to start reconquering, subduing her most powerful Brood Mother, and defeating most powerful Dominion general. That only makes sense. And gameplay wise you wanna get Roaches and Hydralisks asap, while Banelings aren’t that important. Also Space goes before Skygeirr, cause saving Jimmy is the priority from the start.

As for LotV:

Aiur -> Shakuras -> Korhal -> Glacius -> Ulnar -> Cybros -> Slayn -> Space -> Aiur

Shakuras before Korhal, it’s urgent SoS call, Glacius the last. Purifiers before Tal’darim, cause they trust Fenix more that Alarak, and Tal’darim are evil, Purifiers are not. Alarak wouldn’t be able to do anything without any armies of his own. Space platform the last, it’s against the most powerful organization in the universe, so they’d need their full army.

There is just one problem, though. Abathur is now hanging out in an abandoned Leviathans next to Kaldir. It would make much more sense for it to be on Char.

???

What SOS call?

At that point in the story, they’re both equally ‘evil’.

He actually have some loyal follower. We got Tal’darim faction unit before going to Slayn.

It isn’t, though. The Moebius is advanced, sure, but there’re other more powerful faction. The Dominion is quite weaken at that moment, but there can somewhat hold their own against the Golden Armada and the Moebius. The Swarm has been waging war against many Moebius facilities and wasn’t really in trouble until Ulnar.

2 Likes

Ha! I like that - although even if you go to Slayn first, Artanis still has plenty of chances to stick it to Alarak. Since he complains about why we’re not going to Aiur in every subsequent arc. I feel that saying, “no, we’re going to Cybros” and then “nope, we’re going to Revanscar” are both instances of Artanis putting Alarak in his place. Still, I like your reasoning.

Still, Purifiers–>Tal’Darim–> Moebius Corp is a reasonable order. I just definitely think that “Templar’s Charge” has to be last.

1 Like

There are 3 N-named Broodmothers. Niadra (the Larva from the ship), Nafash (the one killed on Kaldir) and Naktul (the one that helps you on Umoja)

Well, that comic is canon, so intuition goes out of window. It was overseen by someone who was a lead writer at that time, not some random freelancer.

Same goes for The Story so Far.

I mean my personal order would be

Kaldir-Char-Zerus-Space-Skygeirr

Only difference being Zerus and Char, because Zerus appeared later, but there is hard evidence for this order.

We have no hard evidence for the order of LotV, but I agree with your reasoning and personal choice to the full extent.

I like it when you stray away from emotions. You raise some good points here (both being “evil”, Alarak having personal army already, strength of Moebius).

Vorazun is clear about the situation. “It’s bad, **** hit the fan.”

(Happy mods? Does this satisfy your christian/chinese rules?)

1 Like