All Campaigns are Broken Now

Nobody is earning credits after the missions, nobody can start new campaigns, bugs with progression and unit unlocks are softlocking certain missions, character meshes and textures are GONE replaced with those gray Havok balls. This is a MONUMENTAL screwup and if this is permanent, it is completely unacceptable. Cheating will be the ONLY viable way to actually play the campagins. How did this happen? What did Activision DO??? What can WE as players do since clearly the remaining interns at Blizzard corp don’t know what they’re doing? How many days are going to pass until you guys fix it? Weeks? Months? Get. On. It.

3 Likes

My best bet is “trying to save up some server space so they can pay less for maintance or use it for something else”.

If we don’t make mess outside the forum, they probably won’t care. We probably should make them some bad PR with memes on reddit or smth.

seems like for some reason old data preveals over new one. In my Current campaign I did not have Cut scenes, new campaign already started as old, and when I started protoss campaign, somehow I had zealots woth whirlwind and Dragoons as my starting army. So, something is really wrong with saves and settings interaction.

1 Like

I am already tired of the “groundhog day” experience of trying to start a new campaign, and going directly back to one of the last saves of the previous campaign. Has happened in both WoL and HotS campaigns.

I just tried it and the quick saves are now also broken

This thread can help you. Potential Fix: Recent SC2 Installing/Loading Errors - #2 by Haku-2337 But you need yo do this every time before launch. I just amazed, how blizzard managed to broke game, they even doesn’t support anymore.

I just ran through Safe Haven after using the quick fix in the link Haku posted, I got credits and research. It’s super annoying to say the least but at least with that workaround it seems that progress in the Campaigns can happen.

Found a solution in another forum, copying here:

I recently noticed that when I was trying to move files and delete files from my Replays folder, that I didn’t have permission to do so, despite being logged in as an administrator on my computer. I also noticed that there were a bunch of files with the writeCacheBackup extension that existed, which to my knowledge was the result of the game not being able to delete such files after having created them, which is consistent with my attempts to move and delete files.

I did some digging, and it seems that the recent StarCraft II update has changed the permissions on the folder in Documents/StarCraft II, causing a whole host of issues not limited to the problems I was having. In order to rectify the problem, I had to change the access rights of the folder (and, by inheritance, its subfolders) to match the access rights of the other folders in Documents.

My Fix:

1. Locate the Documents\StarCraft II folder.
  2. Right click on the folder, and click Properties.
  3. In the Security tab, click Edit…
  4. Click Add…
  5. Click Advanced…
  6. Ensure that the Users object type is selected from the Location that is your local PC.
  7. Click Find Now.
  8. Select your user profile from the list that appears, and click OK, click OK, click Apply and click OK.
  9. Click Advanced, select your user profile and click Edit.
  10. Ensure that Type is Allow and Applies to is This folder, subfolder and files.
  11. Tick Full control in order to give your user profile proper access rights, then click OK.
  12. Click Apply and then click OK, then click OK.
  13. The access rights of the folder should now be changed for your user profile, giving you complete control over the folder.

Let me know if this works.
-samsim

I can ‘start’ a new Raynor campaign, but it just results in a missions select instead of actually playing through the campaign (Which means I can’t accrue credits / research and upgrade my units on the Hyperion)

@FalseShadow My StarCraft II folder has correct security settings, so this is not the issue

Tried creating a new campaign for Kerrigan, my zerglings in the tutorial had the raptor strain and did not count towards the 0/6 “Morph Zerglings” objective

Something is severely broken

Ive seen different threads with no answer at all, I actually made 2 and got no answer. My feeling is this game has been abandoned, and its SC2 we are talking about not some minor indie game…

1 Like

I did almost a month ago post something stimilar . ITS STILL BROKEN - Wings of Liberty ? right after intro directs me to mission select even tho ive deleted all the old saves . heart of the swarm cant complete the first zergling missions since it spawns zerglings with upgrades from previus campaings for some reason - even tho the data has been removed … im Livid about this right now - wanting to get back in to it by replaying the Story missions and ease your self in the game again but nope - !!- ive seen streamers and new players play the campain mossions normaly without issues - wile the ones that want to restart are stuck in this pit

I could. I managed to restart all my campaigns recently. So that I could redo it either to find some missing lore or get some achievements. Some missions I either don’t get any credits or I only get 50% to 60% of the total credits, and then 3 to 5 missions later I get them all at once.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.