Achievements are disabled until further notice

I haven’t had Battle.net installed in a couple years, and recently installed it and Starcraft 2. As soon as I get it loaded, I get a message at the bottom saying “Achievements are disabled until further notice”. My avatar icon is blank, and none of the online-based options are able to be played. Here are some things I have done so far to try to get this working, but still no change:

Disabled my windows security altogether (no third party here, just what’s built in to Windows 10)
Made sure all drivers are up to date
Reset Network
Reinstalled everything
Disabled unnecessary background processes
I’m on a wired connection so no need to check wifi settings
No overheating issues

Can I please have some support on this, I also opened 3 tickets with support and have been given the run-around with no solution.

that is an account issue. you are suspected of cheating. cheating disables achievments.

Huh, that’s not good, especially since I haven’t played it in a long time. How do I get this fixed?

Take what andreasasp says with a grain of salt. They have a history of misinformation, speculation, assumption that they present as fact. andreasasp has taken it so far a couple times that Bliz TS had to correct them and ask them to stop.

The message you’re seeing isn’t from using cheat codes. It can be from server communication problems, for example.

As for andreasasp comment below, as an MVP, it wouldn’t be wise for me to troll. And Bliz correcting them can be found on these very forums by anyone.

i am not sure if there is anything you can do… leviathan is a known troll however.

I tried reaching out to customer support several times on this, and they just give me the standard, check your system stuff then they auto close the ticket. I personally don’t care about achievements, but i do like to play the versus AI which is unavailable for me to play. The cheat codes doesn’t make much sense to me, which makes me think my account was hacked.

that is curious. that should have been available no matter what. what happens when you try it? here is a way you can play against a.i either way. open the editor and open the map you want to play and click on test document. maybe you need to change some settings to get what you want but, it is at least an option.

Just as a clarification, the message you are seeing is not from using cheat codes.

Using cheat codes results in the message:

“Achievements have been disabled due to cheat usage. To enable achievements again, start a new game, or load a saved game.”

Ok, thanks Leviathan, good to know. I did open up a ticket asking about if my account was hacked and they said no, which is good. But I still am nowhere closer to figuring out why i can’t play Training or AI based Versus games. Any ideas?

By chance, on the game launcher, is the Live version of the game selected? (You don’t want to use the Public Test Realm version.)

I had the same issue and the same run around about “connection issues”. All of it is a lie!!! I found a workaround. If I start the game in Europe, then switch to Americas, my Achievements come back. If it were an actual connection issue, you’d think Europe would be worse but it’s not.

Unfortunately, I have to log into Europe EVERY SINGLE TIME and then switch. Once this starts happening, there is no fix you can make on your end. I’ve done fresh installs, including the operating system, driver updates, etc. Nothing helps…yet it does work if you login to a different region and then switch to the correct one. (At least for me). Hope that helps some.

You will probably have to use this workaround until Blizzard figures out what is happening server side to cause this.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion Dontmindme! I gave that a shot to switch it back and forth in game, but it didn’t seem to make a difference for me unfortunately.

For me…switching in game only works if I start the game in a different region (Europe) and then switch. If I start in Americas and switch back and forth, it does nothing. The sign it worked for me was when “ownership DLC” popped when I started in Europe when starting in Americas wouldn’t load any of my profile. And then switching to Americas popped my campaign progress.