About "terran whiners"

Hey, so I’m brand new to the forums, been playing for years but only came here recently to see about the broken campaign achievements, and I noticed a lot and I mean a LOT of posts talking about how there are an overabundance of terran whiners. Every post I see talking about a z/p nerf or a t buff has at least 2-3 comments about how the op is a terran crybaby who needs to git gud. I mean, that’s expected, its a game forum and he’s talking about balance, but I see a lot of extra hate directed towards terrans. Is this some kind of forum meme or is it actually true that the vast majority of complaints are from terrans?

terran pros / streamers are known for whining more and it trickles down, they all gain the same mentality and start doing it too once they see their role models doing it.

13 Likes

It’s a matter of seeing things only by one’s narrow point of view :

• Some will consider that their victories are entirely due to skill
  • Some will consider that their defeats are entirely due to balance

Coming from there, there is as much partiality in players completely denying the opponents’ skill in their defeats, or entirely considering the balance’s influence to be non-existent in their victories.

As for in many things, the truth is often closer to nuanced/middle grounds points of view than in extreme ones. At least in my opinion. :thinking:

5 Likes

I completely understand and agree with this, but I’d expect this to be a blanket statement, instead it seems like, at least in many commenter’s eyes, the majority of people with this mindset (at least the ones that post on the forums) are terrans.

There’s a nuance in what I say though, it being that the terrans constantly whining over P, and the protoss keeping calling the terrans as low skilled… are in fact the two sides of a same (bias) coin.

I do think though that terrans might indeed be more whiny than the other races, as their are under the impression that economically speaking, the incentive to harass, to take initiative is more often on their side (TvP & TvZ), whereas just defending in PvT and ZvT is completely an option. There’s some truth to it, but by overly whining over it they might tend to forget that there is skill in defending/macroing as well. :bulb:

1 Like

Definitely agree here, thanks for pointing it out, and I feel like the same relationship between terran and protoss exists with protoss and zerg as well, possibly to a greater degree. One point I’ve seen several terrans bring up in response to the claim that since terrans do so well in pro games they aren’t underpowered is that a pro zerg/protoss can only micro their banes/storms/disruptors so much, but the skill cap for splitting the marines is unlimited, so the gold/plat terrans are preforming abysmally in comparison to, say, Maru, but the gold/plat zergs are preforming only slightly worse than, say, Serral, only referring to the engagement between the banes and bio of course. Personally, I don’t think terran is really underpowered at all, but I am inclined to agree with the above statement at least to some degree, curious to hear your thoughts.

Well it is a meme pretty much now as it continued for years.

1 Like

Well it’s the same than above, there’s some truth to it, but some denying of the opponent’s skills as well :

• It is true that splitting (but also learning to apply positional micro in sweet range spots) is an obstacle for BSG terrans. Once you know how to do those decently, your TvZ bio performances does increases greatly. However, half terrans do play mech in that MU, and when they do the micro requirement (vipers) happens to be on the Z side until much higher levels.

• I won’t say the same about colossi, banes, ultralisks and archons though. Those units, though their performance can be improved by some positioning, are still extremely effective just simply aclicked. And that leads to some purely defensive macro styles in PvT and ZvP ZvT, with a not so high micro requirement, that may explain why Z ↔ P switchs tend to be more durable than switchs to T.

• Disruptors do require micro. They are more punishing for the opponent though, but they do require skill to use, and unless you call yourself Parting (who is able to land two bullseye novas simultaneously in two opposite directions), you can’t talk about skill ceiling.

So as usual, IMO the truth lies somewhere in the middle and not purely in one side.

There’s been nothing but nerfs to zerg and buffs to terran for the past like 2+ years and terrans are still whining - you decide lol

11 Likes

They’ve been enabled to the point that the toxicity is so widespread and deeply rooted into the game that there’s no point in return.

6 Likes

Yes, it is a clear case of infestation. Some high-level scumbags are infecting the garden-variety of terrans here. It’s the proverbial case of the Rotten Apple that ruins the whole Cart (common-terrans).

2 Likes

They need to tune into neuro or lambo sometime and see what real responsibility for your losses looks like.

3 Likes

No just a bunch of trolls haters of Terran say that, there are 2-3 vocal avilo wannabe whiners but rest are pretty light on whine. You see whine from P and Z too. Biggest whiners were Zergs during hots again by few Democracy and overmind

And the banhammer never was aimed at thee trolls who are toxic to terrans but if terrans insult, its insta silence for stupid mods

Visit the forums every other day and see the same 5 people making low effort rage posts.

I’m not going to tell you what to think. Just know that I came to these forums unbiased and left biased. Protoss was nerfed into the ground and they never made 5 rage posts a day. Zerg just wins everything so what do we have to complain about?

Honestly it’s only like 5 people using alternate accounts to spam the forums crusading in hopes Blizzard will give them a hand at the game.

Usually 5 posts in the top 15 are made by the same person about the same thing every day.

If you look at the forums you will see a lot of races whine, but the T ones are the most vocal and biased, other races can cry from time to time about specific things, a lot of T will protest for everything, no specific, just flat whinning, they will whine even when their race is performing well, they will whine even if they win. Then you see at the top T streamers and most of them will whine a lot on their streams (Nathanias,heromarine,special,avilo-when he used to stream…), even T pros whine while winning like Innovatio. Then if you play ladder, you will receive BM from anyone, but the rudest BM is usually from T players.
And check the current forums, a lot of rage from more T players than P players.

I have been called P whiner only because I make counterpoints to their whinning, and the funny thing is the race I play less (I play every race) is P and lately I’m playing T.

It’s that TVP is MAYBE slightly protoss favoured, but some terran players whine quite a lot about it with statements sometimes blatantly false, so it has started this little meme.

(BTW if ghosts are used properly PVT is not that easy)

1 Like

Thats true in fact it is done by few, 2-3. I also was silenced when I called out a Terran for whining too much. But the IQ of forum is so that they cant distinguish between the few vocal whiners and the rest and have to be toxic for ALL terrans.

If they did the one thing that every terran player has been complaining about for a long time now. And make PvT fair then you wouldn’t see many terrran “whine” post. but nope. they continue to have P v T Protoss favored and it has been for a very very long time now.

2 Likes

It is not slightly protoss favored it is heavily protoss favored.

1 Like

It’s not about “Terran whiners” it’s just about “whiners”. Blame Avilo for being extremely toxic with an large cringe-culture following. Honestly from lurking on the forums it seems like Zerg players tend to be the most whiny/entitled, but all races have bad players who would freely complain that they lost because “the game is unfair” but never admit that they don’t play perfectly all the time.

1 Like