[5.0.3] Alarak bug: when death fleet is active, select warp gates hotkey will select mothership instead

Steps to reproduce:

• Play Alarak in coop mission
  • Call down death fleet
  • Press the key to select all warp gates (Y for grid hotkeys)
  • The mothership is selected instead of the warp gates

This is pretty game breaking since it means that warp gates cannot be easily selected while death fleet is active unless you manually keep them in their own control group.

16 Likes

Confirmed, needing to go back to my main to control click warp gates to warp in is pretty hilarious.

Confirmed as well. I just got used to hotkeying my Warp Gates for this reason, but still a bit of a pain in the butt. Needs a change to function in a similar fashion to Artanis’ Warp Gates, Stargates, and Robotics Facilities.

the order should be like Artanis system.

(EX) gateways 1st, mothership 2nd.

anyway, did kev try a game at least once
to find this findable but critical bug after patch?
i don’t think so.

1 Like

Confirmed, and this bug exists even in 0-2 prestiges that makes using death fleet very uncomfortable.

4 Likes

Be me, who always set all gates on another control group and never use Y

Pikachu face

yeah, even when I was using his P1 that happened. guess, I need to get used to putting it on a control group, 'till it gets fixed haha

Why not F4 for the mothership?

Same. Please fix this, very annoying, especially if not using P3.

1 Like

Alarak death fleet is pretty much useless until this bug is fixed, or I spend tons of time adjusting my hotkey config to use a separate control group for gateway, which is what Neeb is doing.
3 patches and this bug still exist.
Im speechless.

I didn’t know this was a bug, every time I have to create a group for the warp gates because of this… Please fix this.

1 Like

hey kev, when will you fix it? idiot.

I experienced something that may have common origins with that issue:
While playing Co-op Protoss with warp gates, my Tychus ally quit, and I could not use the key shortcut for the W skill within the Tychus team since it selected the warp gates.

One partial fix/help could be to allow access to the keys configuration from being in the Co-op tab, instead of having to be in a mission.

Batter solution is to use P2 to disable mothership :dog: :dog: