4v4 isnt fun or interesting

It is just cheese and units that can instantly teleport across the map: Nydus, any protoss, and BCs. Maps are too big for anything else. Very stupid implementation. Try again I guess.

1 Like

4v4 random is a miserable experience for anyone that has a brain. The only thing left of 3v3 and 4v4 is to queue up with a premade and enjoy what’s left of the game.

3 Likes

4v4 random is a miserable experience for anyone that has a brain.

Not necessarily because:

1. If you are good enough to carry the team, then you have the satisfaction of knowing you outplayed all these scrubs

2. People with a big brain usually get premades and if you have a properly setup premade then you can consistently crush most groups until you get to like upper diamond or masters.

3. People on the opposing team often don’t have brains either meaning that if someone is playing dumb, a smart person can exploit the hell out of it.

It is just cheese and units that can instantly teleport across the map: Nydus, any protoss, and BCs. Maps are too big for anything else. Very stupid implementation. Try again I guess.

Its a roll of the dice, but it can be fun if you get a competent team and some people just enjoy the randomness of it. Every game in 4v4 feels vastly different. I enjoy 4v4s also cause I think its fun to win working together with teammates.

You against team games elitists kill the very game you claim to love. 4v4 is too hard for you, you just lost so you have to come on the forums and make a thread, let’s just be honest here.

There is nothing satisfying about you being on the top of the score summary, followed by all 4 of the enemy, and then your teammates being the bottom 3. I’m telling you this from personal experience. It’s miserable, and it’s even worse when your teammates go nuts on you over it. You have to be crazy to enjoy that.

Like I said, the only thing left to do is get a premade

The issue is they have more brains than your allies very consistently. You can spend the game putting pressure on all 4 of them and they will still be ahead of your allies for the entire game.

You have to be low MMR in 4s to think this way.

from my time spent reading rayofthesun’s post, this person is a special breed, they do not think like the rest of starcraft players.

have you read this persons ideas they come up with?? rofl. and the ideas aren’t even original, just thinks they would be “fun” … loool.

1 Like

Skytoss patch ruined team games.

1 Like

You don’t say?
20 chars.

There is nothing satisfying about you being on the top of the score summary, followed by all 4 of the enemy, and then your teammates being the bottom 3. I’m telling you this from personal experience. It’s miserable, and it’s even worse when your teammates go nuts on you over it. You have to be crazy to enjoy that.

I guess we see things differently.

The issue is they have more brains than your allies very consistently. You can spend the game putting pressure on all 4 of them and they will still be ahead of your allies for the entire game.

Its kinda a dice roll ya, but some people love the randomness of 4v4s. Plus if someone is really serious about winning, they would get a premade. There are people who are masters and grandmaster is team games after all.

You have to be low MMR in 4s to think this way.

I am platinum 2 in 4v4. Which is about the highest you can get in team games just bashing your head against the keyboard which means I can be a competent teamate(least vs others in my league or below), but I am definitely no pro.

from my time spent reading rayofthesun’s post, this person is a special breed, they do not think like the rest of starcraft players.

have you read this persons ideas they come up with?? rofl. and the ideas aren’t even original, just thinks they would be “fun” … loool.

Many ideas I’ve suggested have been implemented in popular arcade games though. Ya many of them are niche and I won’t deny I think somewhat differently, but they are not always as bad as people make them out to be.

Skytoss patch ruined team games.

No. Skytoss doesn’t scare me for a reason. It is really predictable. When almost every team games the toss is going for a skytoss build, it means you can primitively build for it without even scouting and against someone who knows how to deal with them carriers are fairly easy to deal with. What I find more scary are battle cruisers since they can warp across the map and as zerg they must be hard countered with corruptors. And even if that happens, they usually get a base or two before destroyed.

Skytoss patch ruined non skytoss players and made playing Zerg boring, especially without infested terrans.

I do hate it how if someone is going skytoss, ones only option is hydras, corruptors, infestors. But hey. Least they can’t warp their entire armies anywhere like bcs can.

Once BCS warp they’re toast and since every apetoss is going void rays they have the counter already. Void rays can zip in and out deleting bases while evading better than BCs can while being greedy. I’m guessing you’ve also never seen carriers with a raven in plat league…

Fair point. Its not without risk to just warp them in. However if the team has multiple terran doing this and there is a lot of zerg or someone on our team is protoss but didn’t go voids, someone can run into problems with bcs warps quickly. Although part of that admittedly is needing to learn to scout.

I’m guessing you’ve also never seen carriers with a raven in plat league…

I’ve seen it happen yea, but it has been rare enough to not be an issue in most games.

Ah yes it makes sense then

1 Like

Someday perhaps I will try getting a proper team and see if I can get to masters. I would assume doing a 4v4 masters only game would be way different then doing a random 4v4 with leagues all over the place.

In my PERSONAL experience as a tier 1 master player in teams, 3v3 and 4v4 are much more fun and enjoyable than 1v1. The most problematic thing is our current meta which is complete trash and that applies to all game modes, 1v1 and teams.

LOTV is really the worst iteration of Starcraft ever conceived.

What is it about the current meta that is a problem? Asking seriously. Not rhetorically.

As a Zerg player 4v4 is unplayable, almost every protoss goes SkyToss and in 4v4 the game lags too much to even pretend to micro against it and so you have no hope to do anything. If you find Terran and Protoss togheter it’s even worst.

Skytoss still gets smashed in team games. If you’re good enough. I play random, and I beat it with all 3 races.

The thing that can work against the skytoss abusers, is going DT on em. They rarely if ever get obs. They want more gas for void rays. You can also just go skytoss yourself.

But I’ve done it before where the skytoss guy with the huge carrier army is going thru killing all of my team’s army and bases. Meanwhile I’m slicing thru all this buildings with DT’s on his side of the map.

Nothing better than ending the game and the guy that loses by far has the highest army value. Remember, you don’t have to engage. You just have to kill the buildings. Once they use the one recall, they are very immobile.

1 Like

Trust me on this. Skytoss really isn’t the problem. You have to remember that it is so predictable that it allows you to plan for it preemittively without even scouting. Howveer… I would blacklist the map called concord LE. This map is just way too heavily favors sky toss because its in enclosed area that requires you to walk a long way around if using ground units. Every other map though is workable.