4th unit variation for LotV

Imagine the LotV campaign could have 4 variations of some specific unit instead of 3, so every faction would be represented in each unit type. What units (and characteristics) would you add?

For example, I would add a Taldarim Melee Warrior, called the Bloodthirster, and would have Charge and the ability to heal a fraction of the damage it deals.

1 Like

I think the Tal’darim Zealot has a name; pretty sure it is called the “Votary”.

I’d be happy with a Tal’darim Zealot option. I guess the Tal’darim Stalker would have to be used too.

1 Like

That’s a rank in the Chain, not a role.

Ascendant is also a Rank in the Chain. Yet, that is used for Tal’darim High Templar.

Even still; Bloodthirster (imo) isn’t a good name.

No, I wouldn’t want that. The game is about unite various faction of Protoss together. It shouldn’t be possible to have an army made of a single faction. The idea is that you need at least two in order to have an army with full roster.

2 Likes

We don’t know that’s a Tal’darim zealot, all we know is it’s a rank the Tal’darim had. People have just assumed that’s the zealot rank but there’s no evidence.

1 Like

So, what would you call the Tal’darim Zealot?

Right now? A zealot, since that’s what they’re referred to in their skinset:

" The lowest ranking links in the Chain of Ascension are the ones most eager to prove themselves. A zealot of the Tal’darim is a dangerous foe to face."

I wouldn’t mind them being votaries, I’m just saying that it’s never been confirmed that votary = zealot, it’s just a sub-ascendant rank Alarak once was that’s briefly mentioned in Ascension.

1 Like

You can have all Aiur comp without problem.

You mean Khalai? Regardless, at this moment, there is no single faction with access to all comps.

Wait canonically, all your units are supposed to be Aiur/Khalai?

Canonically you get zealots with sentinels and centurions together, but you can’t have them in a single campaign mission.

You can have only Aiur units in the missions:
Zealot
Dragoon
Sentry
Avenger
High Templar
Inmortal
Reaver
Phoenix
Carrier
Arbiter.

Anyways, the point of the thread if to imagine a 4th unit for each type. I’d like to see what would the Nerazim get for the Robotic Support for instance.

:astonished:

I’ll need to confirm this! I thought there is a couple of catalogue where you can’t have Khalai variant.

There now exists a Purifier Immortal, Purifier Void Ray, Purifier High Templar and Purifier Dark Templar that could be added.

A Nerazim Sentry, Nerazim Colossus, and Nerazim Carrier could work.

I used to think about that too. Here’s how I imagine it.

Melee Warrior — Tal’darim — Votary
The unit mechanics offered by the topic starter works for me, but yeah, the “Votary” name should be more fitting.
Ranged Warrior — Tal’darim — Slayer
This one is already present in Co-op at Alarak’s army, so nothing more to elaborate here.
Cloaked Warrior — Purifier — Griefer
Cloaked just as others, but has no active abilities; instead, explodes on death, damaging all surrounding enemies.
Robotic Assault — Purifier — Disruptor, baby!
Well, you all know this one from the ladder. In campaign, though, I’d add something more to it to make it more attractive compared to the other big guys. For example, his ability to charge self and deal huge damage to the enemies nearby — just as it was back in the LoTV beta.
Robotic Support — Nerazim — Accumulator
Can recharge other units’ energy for the cost of own, also can create a cloaking field around self (similar to Vorazun’s Dark Pylon in Co-op).
Starfighter — Tal’darim — Scout
You know this one, right? The light flyer with a huge anti-air attack and poor anti-ground attack. Well, in campaign there could be added an AOE-effect for this anti-ground attack, so it gets decimating against ling packs.
Psionic Warrior — Purifier — Recreator
Similar to High Templar, but mechanical (obviously); can disable enemy mechanical units (like terran ghost in SC:BW) and also can restore HP to friendly mechanical units in an area.
Robotic Siege — Nerazim — Decimator
A Reaver-like machine which attacks in a straight line ahead of self, damaging all enemies in its way.

Unfortunately, I’m out of ideas for the Purifier Assault Ship and Nerazim Capital Ship :frowning:

1 Like

Nerazim capital ship - mother of all Void rays

1 Like

I don’t like the name “Griefer” for the Purifier Dark Templar variant. How about “Assailant”?

Edit: I also don’t like the name “Recreator”. How about “Inquisitor”?

Recreator doesn’t have the best ring to it, but Inquisitor makes no sense in context of his proposed mechanic.

Griefer has an aholish name fitting its aholish ability.

“Inquisitor” makes about as much sense as the Nerazim having the “Centurion” and the Purifiers having the “Legionnaire”. There still needs to be a better name than “Recreator”.

“Griefer” just doesn’t fit at all with Protoss. In any way. I don’t even think that is an actual Title/Name. “Assailant” sounds better and fits better.

Assailant isn’t bad. I like that one.

But in the first case I would stick with the re-something theme. Centurions and Legionnaires are soldiers like their real word counterparts. Inquisitor is in layman’s terms a religious police.