“Files in your StarCraft II Installation are Damaged"

Good morning people getting this error, “Files in your StarCraft II Installation are Damaged".

I was getting this error too. My onedrive wasn’t signed in at all or even in my hidden icons (system tray) to try and unlink. I just uninstalled it from my computer instead. THIS DID NOT WORK.

I noted that when I tried to delete the “Starcraft II” folder in my “Documents” section of my file explorer afterward I got some sort of syncing error message when trying to delete the folder. So I renamed it and then deleted it. Starcraft immediately opened up with no issue, I didn’t even need to reinstall the game. This however deletes any account data local to your machine. So, I advise against this but if you don’t care like me, give it a shot. Instead I would recommend trying to login to one drive and seeing if opening the game works before trying any of the other troubleshooting out there if you weren’t already logged in. Its also important to note that you might be able to copy the “Starcraft II” folder out to say your desktop delete the one in the documents folder then copy it back from the desktop to the documents folder if you don’t wanna lose your account data but are okay with risking potential file corruption and loss of account data.

I created this post because this is what I found to work for me after finding nothing on the web providing a solution that worked for me in the hopes of helping others in similar situations.

Here is the link to previous forums info on the topic from the forum mods which includes a link to how to uninstall, unlink etc onedrive.

I just wanted to highlight this.

Simply uninstalling OneDrive won’t resolve the issue.

Instead, the folder where SC2 stores its data (Documents) needs to be unlinked from OneDrive.

After it’s unlinked, then OneDrive can be uninstalled, however if you even needed it again to make other changes, it would need to be reinstalled.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.