Zarya MVP Alien Skin Refund Update

Take me with you, I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.

Well that’s for a judge to decide.

3 Likes

They need to give us the option to disable the skin from being seen when selected by other players.

2 Likes

I know, that many men get falsly accused but…
As a woman, who got sexualy attacked and faced harrasment and inapropriate touches from men… how the heck we are suppose to prove it, if it happens to us?

7 Likes

That’s kind of the thing.

Intimate relationships can be in good faith or bad faith. This is why it’s super hard to prove (and it should be like that for having a fair trial instead of presumed guilty on testimony alone).

There is, however, no scenario where plunging a blade into someone is consensual as per the law so it’s way easier to prove.

It becomes a grey area that is extremely hard to prove either way. However, the consensus is that people will generally get their life ruined due to allegations alone. In some cases, like Alec Holowka, we’ll never know the actual truth and a person struggling with mental health committed suicide.

Weaponization of sexual allegations seems to be the one thing we need to address properly (as a developed society) to avoid:

1. victims not getting justice
  2. victims of public court of opinion

Sadly clear announcements were made on the @OverwatchLeague Twitter feed (and retweeted/reposted by multiple official Blizzard social media accounts) and pinned on this forum. I myself went also worked to inform as many members as possible.

There was a limited window to refund the skin because there is no technical system in place to refund Overwatch cosmetics and Blizzard had to do each request manually. Because of this they only offered a limited time window to request a refund.

Please note, the skin has been altered to remove references to 2019 MVP. More information here:

To ensure you don’t miss out on important announcements, make sure to follow @PlayOverwatch, @OverwatchLeague, @OWPathToPro, @Blizzard_Ent, and @BlizzardCS on Twitter. I also maintain an unofficial account called @DropsWatch which posts scheduled announcements to rewards and streaming drops. and retweet important notices from Blizzard.

There’s no single answer to that. Depends on the specifics of the situation. It’s like any other crime. Either you have available provable evidence, or you don’t.

About a month back, I was scammed out of some money. I can’t prove it. I know in my heart of hearts that the crime was committed. But since I can’t prove it, I just have to let it go.

Idk how it is in other countries, but in my country - number of women face domestic violence and they get no help, cause even if they call police, they relise their partner back home due no evidence and it gets even worse for them. This is a major problem in our state and same goes for victims of sexual assaults. It´s very hard to prove anything. So I don´t see any fairness in that, if every woman should get justice only due evidences.

Except getting scammed for money or something doesn´t leave you traumatized and mentaly scarred for life…sexual assaaults do that.

3 Likes

Because you’re thinking with your heart. Justice is a balance (or should be at least) of proof and evidence. Had you met some of the people I’ve met in life you’d think wildly different probably.

If you’re making it more lax on the requirement of evidence because it’s harder to prove you’re gonna get a lot of false positives and people who will go to jail while being innocent.

Search for Brian Banks.

1 Like

Well that depends on the amount of money. Had it been a much larger sum of money, it could’ve really screwed up my life. But regardless, any and all crimes need to be proven. Sexual assault shouldn’t get special treatment of having a lower provability requirement just because its a particularly traumatic experience.

Getting falsely accused of sexual assault can also be traumatic. But crime requires proof. Theft requires proof. Fraud requires proof. Murder requires proof.

You don´t know me, so…

I know. I said that in my first post. That´s why I was asking as someone, who went through this crap - how are we suppose to prove it? It was a genuine question from me…

2 Likes

Wish I had a better answer for that. But there’s none, other than “it sucks” and “sorry it happened to you”. Sometimes bad deeds go unpunished.

The worst part is you know it happened, but can’t prove it.

But imo it’s even worse knowing that you didn’t do something and society oppressing you by sending you to jail for it.

After all, a criminal will eventually be caught. It’s much wiser to let a criminal walk knowing they’ll do it again and you’ll see patterns and motives than sending an innocent person to prison.

Right. So my answer to that is, there isn’t really a single one-size-fits-all answer. The answer is whatever evidence is available to you. The available evidence will vary by each individual case. Maybe you have audio evidence. Maybe you have witnesses. Maybe you have DNA evidence. Maybe you have text messages. Maybe you have none of those things.

It depends. But this goes for any crime. Either you have evidence, or you don’t.

What you’re really asking is “how do you prove a crime?” You can remove the word “sexual” in your question, and the answer is still basically the same.

Unfortunately this is something that people who havent been in that position have a harder time grasping.

As someone whos been through it, and ofc because of how fast it happened could not prove it, nothing happened. Its easy to say “I couldnt prove it so I moved on” but ACTUALLY living with it is wildly different.

Heck man even WITH proof people OFTEN go “yeah I still don’t believe it because out of 100 people assaulted, 1 of them lied about it”

This is probably one of the most disturbing takes Ive seen on here.

In absolutely no way would I ever want someone falsely accused. Its not a joke, and I personally have a friend who was falsely accused by his abusive ex.
However its rather disgusting to say that being falsely accused is worse than being assaulted.
If anything you should see it as equal offenses where people who falsely accuse should be charged.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the biggest problem with stuff like this… it all comes down to slander and reputation destruction.

And now that there is no definitive conclusion (and may not even be one), people will just automatically jump to “oh that guy is problematic” with no clear cut end to any of this.

If we’re refunding skins based off the past transgressions of people involved, then they should refund all the skins because no one is perfect :rofl:

This is why I am not going further into this debate. It´s painful and comparing it with other crimes is just…hurtfull and disrespectful.

I just can´t agree with this cause different crimes - different damage, different ways to prove it. If it happens so quickly as you said (you know and I know as well), there is no chance and it changes the whole life for you.

This was exactly my thought but I didn´t wanna go into argument as this whole thing is painful to even think of.
Specialy, if I should discus this with (I assume) man, who doesn´t know the feeling (I might be wrong). But even that feeling is very subjective and sensitive thing. I don´t wanna go into details, how it screwed my life and stuff…

Same, but still it´s very hard to prove this things and it´s even harder, when abuser has big fanbase of fanboys, who would defend him no matter what.

2 Likes

Maybe try to understand what you’re reading next time.

I’ll narrow it a bit more, it may help. According to you it’s better to have an innocent man pay 30 years for murder than no one going to prison for a murder.

I can offer my sympathy to you, but it still doesnt justify accusing a different man for what he might/might not do.

And no, i cant give you an answer. I dont have a solution to a world class problem.

2 Likes

I would say neither of it is better. You should not mark any of those scenarios as “better” - either that man gets his life screwed by prison or that woman gets traumatised for life (and trust me it affects your every - day life, specialy if you have a partner). There is no “this is better than that”. Both things are different - both are horible to expirience. Not to mention, that every person gets affected by things differently.

1 Like