Your Overwatch perfectly embodies the elitist content creator

At 12:23 he unironically calls diamond and even masters level support players average. It’s hard to imagine someone so disconnected from reality that they think a support player who is literally better than 97% of players below them is average. I get what he’s trying to say but wow does it come off as incredibly elitist and smug.

I do generally agree with some of the balance changes they suggest but they go about it in such an annoying way. It’s not surprising given how the guy is friends with samito who is pretty much a meme on these forums now. But man, something about that phrasing sounds so incredibly messed up.

138 Likes

I cant believe people still waste 10+ minutes of their lives listening to this stuff. Repeatedly, at that

127 Likes

because it’s true? even 4k players can be trash at the game the skill gap in game sense especially between a 4k player and 4.4k player is huge

45 Likes

Don’t you mean “Your SombraWatch”?

8 Likes

I was about to say that too, you beat me to it. Forum for a very long time has been disconnected from the game’s reality and has always been a meme for the most part XD.

6 Likes

Genuinely, I agree that Diamond are average at the game… Most of M probably is too.

I can understand looking at it like “Diamond is xyz % better than” but that doesn’t actually make them -good- at the game.

11 Likes

T500 players: “Plat is bad.”

Normal person: “Hmm… I guess they’re right. I wonder how I can improve. Let me ask around”

Crazy person: “HOW DARE THIS STREAMER SAY THAT IM BAD? I’LL HAVE YOU KNOW I PAID $15 FOR THIS GAME!!! DO THEY NOT KNOW THAT I’M BETTER THAN insert made up percentage OF THE PLAYERBASE? I’LL BE SEEING YOU ON THE FORUMS”

28 Likes

Average means exactly that, it’s not a value judgement. If you are better than 97% of the players, by definition you aren’t average.

77 Likes

nailed it brother

3 Likes

The only issue with that video is he is saying majority of the community to git gud which is moronic and not possible as the majority will always be gold plat, even samito sounds saner than this guy, atleast that guy says brig has to be reworked to be better. This guy says 200 hp brig works at t500 so everyone else become like them
.Ya guys all sub to this dude and git gud.10 mins of his guide you will climb to t500.

6 Likes

Average is better than being called bad

In the grand scheme of things, it’s probably fair to say Diamond & Masters are average when you compare them to good players in GM

5 Likes

those are mid ranks? what’s new?

5 Likes

Well what do you expect from Sam’s good friend :slight_smile:

Also master and diamond isn’t average otherwise tons more people would be at those ranks.

I just think it’s because so many of the viewers for OW streamers and Ytubers see GM players as gods, like they all sit watching Bronze to GM like it’s such cool thing, but it was obvious they were gonna get back to GM etc if they were GM before lol, I’ve never found “unranked to GM” or “Bronze to GM” entertaining at all, but the same few people get away with it every time.

31 Likes

I stopped listening to this channel a while back. It’s nails on a chalkboard like most of the nasty streamers/content creators on YouTube for overwatch.

24 Likes

I know forums goers get pretty sensitive about rank

but don’t get too offended because you are below 3K. we promise you that diamond and masters are still not good ranks. that’s why players just call those mid ranks

6 Likes

think youre reading too much into it…dude is a master/gm himself…average support to him IS diamond more than likely…

regardless…what hes actually talking about there is a pretty fair point

like i said somewhere else…doesnt really matter who is saying something if what is being said has some merit…all content creators have their quirks…im not interested in that part…the substance of what their saying is what matters…

i think we can all be a bit more discerning in terms of whether or not people are bringing up valid points

5 Likes

He was bringing up a fair point, which which could stand some further exploration. Unfortunately, his method of presentation came off as insulting to many, resulting in his message falling on deaf ears. Shame really.

12 Likes

I don’t think people should get worked up about the definition of average.

I’m a ‘bad’ player and if this guy says diamond is average, why do I care?

The median SR of the player base and the mean MMR of the player base might be vastly different.

2.3 to 2.4 might have a much smaller difference in actual skill than 4.1 to 4.2.

In short, it doesn’t matter.

Ah Sombra, my favourite support character.

2 Likes

Think about it like this, bronze-plat are dudes who are watching youtube videos to learn the piano, diamond and masters are the dudes who play in the school orchestra, and gm and owl are prodigies. You wouldn’t call the diamond master dudes, insane piano players because they just spent the time to learn the game a bit

5 Likes