Your Overwatch is lost about sombra confirmed [200 likes / 200+ replies]

Poor Sombra …

2 Likes

Sadly a lot of people buy into clickbait or clickbait wouldn’t be so successful. :cry:

Nero, and Zacharee are pretty good with her, but other teams really aren’t making a use of it. She really is only good if your team can follow up. Even some contenders teams can’t play together all that well. This is why she will always be bad in competitive until they make her like every other DPS. Independent, damage focused. I would hate if they did that tho because it defeats the purpose of her kit.

1 Like

Every day I think it can’t get sillier on these OW forums. Like, there can’t possibly be more people saying Sombra is good in her current state.

Incoming reality…

So… not only do they say Sombra is good… she is the best hero in the game and will be meta!? Holy mother of all that is “boop!”

1 Like

Why Sombra has the smallest pickrate and win rate?

Sombra was always considered a trollpick of solo q players because she needs extreme team communication and coordination. No one wanted to pick her and if someone picked Sombra, the toxic teammates started to throw so instant defeat.

On the other hand, Sombras pick rate is slightly bigger now. We have to wait at least the end of the season to see the results.

But whats with the Contenders? She was a must pick

No, she isnt. Contenders is like a training place of OWL. If we are lucky, maybe she become a League meta (I know there are much changes can be in half years too). But Sombra was used for communicating, scouting and to hack Hammond.

Is she fine now or needs a revert?

The current playstyle itself is fine now in my opinion. She needs some bug fixes and improvements like hack during stealth, mor HP on Translocator, decerase spread etc.

She can be a support character in the future?

Yes. Sym was moved to DPS because she has no healing ability at all. But Sombra has huge healing output with hacking mega health packs. Also its some kind of support to flank the enemy lines and disrupt them with hacking or emp.

EDIT: These are my opinions only about the current situation of Sombra. I dont want to change yours if it is different. So i accept every constructive reply from everyone.

3 Likes

sombra was never a support, the only good arguments they made in that video was that her hack and emp worked best for the whole team but does that make zarya a support?

They also kept saying that the pros used her as a support so she must be a support, but as worstsombra put it she was only used as a support on maps where healthpacks were close to point.

1 Like

Honestly, I did always perceive Zarya to be a support-tank (and DPS) hybrid. She has the least health and smallest hit-box (obviously not counting baby D.Va) of all tanks and her kit is literally designed to support a team.

I believe you are confusing support with healer. She was only played as a healer on maps where health-packs were close to the point. She is literally a support (dps hybrid) and quite frankly I do not care about your opinion. We can agree to disagree on the Zarya front. However, the Sombra is not debatable. She does the lowest damage of all DPS and only has utility in her kit outside of primary fire (mostly in the form of her silence) in addition to literally healing people and as someone who believes that is what supports are, I am surprised you disagree. I have a feeling you just have a vendetta against YourOverwatch (which is easy because they are incompetent) that reality is not readily apparent in your bias.

I agree with you on the contenders part but on the other’s:

Do you want to get everyone toxic? That would make a huge outrage of hate against Sombra because it would be super annoying.

Accepted but there is the better thing they can do if someone finds TL its dead if it has 5 or 30 hp

Dps buffs are simply not needed dps is fine.

Well here you go:

• Increased Base movement speed (5.5 —> 6m/s) to match that of Genji/Tracer this keeps her alive longer what makes the infinite TL more useful and would help her in team fights.

• Sugar skull over hacked enemies for better(easier) Teamplay and more information after EMP (who got hacked and who didn’t)

• A small threshold to stealth and Hack to make her more consistand and probably less buggy (probably around 10 to 15 dmg)

Well, they would probably need to let her charge ult of medkits again (what I didn’t like hate EMP bot play style).
And they would need to buff the medkits in another way so its actually worth it to move to them instead of just picking an actual healer

Disclamer: I don’t want to change your Opinion I’m just sharing my Opinion to your idea’s.

1 Like

i agree, any hero can have aspects of a different role but that doesn’t change their original role

i agree with that as well but im arguing that shes more dps then support since her hack is primarily used against other players rather then exclusively using it on healthpacks

i dont have a problem with youroverwatch, ive watched them for a year now and the only person i dont like is freedo

I like these ideas. The movement speed buff can speed up the stealth speed too. Maybe the stealth hack and decerased spread really can make her too op.

I want TL health buff because now a random Reaper or D.Va shot can destroy a TL. Its like the old Sym turrets. Only 15-20 HP is fine.

Hacked medkit buff could be possibly an additional 50 shield if the HP bar is full or something like that.

1 Like

Not participating in this **** show, but I will say that her horrible stats in Overbuff partly have to do with the fact that the bright “All” button is counting stats from SubPlat too.

all of those games I solo healed my team to victory disagrees.

pharah isn’t that big of a deal on console.

did you actually watch the video because that’s not what people are saying about sombra. it’s about the utility not the dps with her.

It seems you bought the starter pack, anecdotal experience.
Also that dosnt count as healing your team since HPacks are not usefull in every map and they are not reliant in the Middle of a team fight
If you want to know her role:

But we are not discussing if she is, she is better pick than sombra , better winrate and pickrate. on ps and xbox , not to mention its anoying as hell to counter her, check threads about her on console.

But she is a dps, thats the only consideration you take when you are filling the dps slot , she is no where near what youroverwatch said when you take in account all her problems and other heros with instant burst damage.

Dateh explains it easyer

1 Like

I play console, I know sombra is a bigger hassle then pharah.

… ooooh my… well at this point I understand I’m talking to an idiot so I’ll take my leave. Have a great life garret.

Anecdotal experience, do you have stats though?

‘i dont agree with you so i insult you and leave’’
okay see ya.

1 Like

bruh i used to main pharah on ps4, theirs no way a sombra would have an easier time getting kills then a pharah, sombra may be able to stay alive longer and be annoying but pharah is much more lethal

1 Like

the reason you’re never scared of a sombra is that you’re in silver. try to climb out of silver & see what happens. A good sombra player is literally as/ more annoying than a good tracer player. Almost no counterplay.

• Pick any dps
  • have the same or higher mechanical skill level
  • go voicechat

Concrats you countered Sombra

2 Likes

LOL, sombra dosnt have high mobility abilities like blinks . she cant heal herself, her dmg is trash, her kit gets canceled by 1-5 dmg, and she cant stall anymore
Tracer is superior to sombra in every way except utility

2 Likes

Thats a silly concept.

You follow inaccurate imaginary numbers. I follow the flow of battle.

Ita simple really.

It just doesn’t work no mattwr how you spin it or try to change it.