You Want Proof That 2-2-2 Won't Change Anything?

I’m a diamond flex and I can play well with most of the heroes on the roster.

While this 222 does not affect me much, I do feel that 222 isn’t going to do much. The 2 tank slot itself feels weird as there are main tanks, offtanks and hog mains. As well as 2 support slots, there is offsupport which brings utility into the fight (which is why mery moira combo does not work well on higher ranks)… and brig mains…

In terms of balancing, unless we want to play cookiecutter heroes instead of 30 unique heroes then 222 will work, basically we will just have 3 types/classes of heroes.

I find that 2-2-2 is only a problem for DPS OTPs.

3 Likes

You’re exhausting.

You can’t prove anything when the thing isn’t even there yet. Keep speculating, but that’s all you’re doing.

One thing is for sure; randomness isn’t competitive.

2 Likes

222 is to stop the unfun from solo tank or support. It’s too much importance to just one player that can be focused down. People suggested role queue to devs because of it and it ended up being 222 role lock because of separate SR and easier balance.

1 Like

Aaanndd?

I can take losing with proper team composition much better than trying to solo tank/heal a bunch of clowns just to lose anyways. You might care about the result, I care about my experience.

No one wants 2-2-2 because they think they’ll win more, they want it because they’re fed up being the ‘bigger guy’ just to get cucked over and over. It just demotivates people so much when half of your team don’t give a flying duck whether they’re running a train wreck of a comp or not.

Jeff even said that they tried 141 and debated about it and concluded that it was not fun.

Just curiosity: How many heroes per role do you guys think there should be in every team?

4 Likes

I think there should be one role per player. Whatever role that player wants. I never said I want 4-1-1 lock. Did I? What I want is freedom. Freedom to do what I want and the same freedom for everyone else.

This is the fundamental difference between those who want a lock and those who don’t.

I want the freedom to. You all want the freedom from.

straw man

/ˌstrô ˈman/

noun

an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent’s real argument.

Do you even play Support or Tank?
How do you feel about solo healer or tank?

I don’t mind solo Tank, but I know I really don’t like solo healing to a point that I don’t like when my team has a solo healer because I’ve been through it and it’s not fun.

So I agree with Jeffs’ conclusion, it needs to be at least 2 per role to make the game experience more fun to everyone. (Locked or not imo).

1 Like

I ONLY solo heal when I’m on a duo, when I’m 100% confident someone can peel for me when I need it. Else if I’m playing solo I’ll just go add into the stupidity and play DPS or tank. Solo tanking is kinda better if you play Winston or Hammond since it means your team actually deals insane DPS/pressure while having the necessary mobility to survive without much healing. Solo tanking as Rein is stupid. Solo tanking as Orisa is doable.

I most certainly do.

3 Likes

You do know that nothing is stopping the players to go 2 offtanks and zen+brig comps right??

OP certainly think he’s some kind of embodiment of the masses, or a physical manifestation of a collective thought. Or basically ignorant.

3 Likes

I do know that. I hope for a better balance to make their healing more viable in a 222 scenario. But it’s better that than solo Zen or solo Brig.

We all know that 2-2-2 won’t give more wins, but will let people play what they want. Stop with that argument please.

Play what you want
Solid comp
Better balancing, for everyone, and not for the 1% (OWL and T500)

If you’re gonna reply to this, say something coherent, thanks and have a nice day

1 Like

Indirectly you are saying that there are too many dps mains and too few tank/sup players…

Brig is CERTAINLY getting changed in some form if 2-2-2 role lock becomes a reality. Brig is just trash as a support in a 2 healers setup, regardless of there being a main tank or not.

One of the benefits that comes with 2-2-2 is easiee balancing.

222 balancing will turn the roles into cookiecutters

But there are, that’s why DPS queue times are gonna be longer, that’s a problem for DPS players unfortunately.

Oh aren’t you clever! Now my only options are to not reply and make it seem like I don’t have anything coherent or reply with reasoning and logic like I’ve been doing and have it shot down by you as incoherent.

Very sneaky! Very clever! Bravo!