You Murdered Moira

It’s because they’re “easy” to play, while Ana takes “skill”

Or maybe it’s because Brig was outright broken whilst being easy, Moira had too much value for being easy yet not enough reward for skill so got mini reworked, and Bap was the eptiome of AoE sustain creep added to the game by new supports?

Lol you think anti nade is equal to an ult? So it makes it so you are unable to heal? So by blocking your from doing something that means stubs are equal to ults because they can interrupt actions and limit the ability of a hero.

Don’t think this really stands up. Also this has to be followed up on. If you get anti’d but are with your team who peaks for you it was a wasted ability which most times it really is. Like sombra hacking people it needs follow up which is not common in this game.

immortality stops u from killing someone :flushed::thinking:

So does a shield. So does being smarter and being better at positioning. Is that equal to an ult now?

Total baloney unless you were pretty bad before. Makes no sense given her changes.

then what were u talking about here?
regen burst? (i hope not-)

I mean, that doesn’t prove what I said wrong…

You comment implied they were only nerfed because of “skill” and not being broken or contributing to power creep or both, which they were.

Brig is the literal reason powercreep began.

Bap/moira/brig are fine and were easy to abuse and were proven to be busted. If ana was busted she would have been one tricked as easily as these three were.

She is only the most picked character from silver and up.

She’s still pretty viable

So she is the most picked hero does that mean people are climbing with her at the rate a busted hero like brig was? A relatively aim oriented hero is not going to be able to be one tricked as far as a hero like brig and moira were able too with how much easier they were to land large amounts of damage and get away with it easily.

Cries In rein, ana, mercy, and sigma prison.

It drains quickly, but you get more impact with a higher HPS on direct applications, and you’re able to recharge your resource faster off of enemies. What this does is reward Moira with stronger heals that can push teams through big damage moments, with the requirement that she refuel off of the enemies they’re trudging through in order to maintain that. There’s risk-reward built into her kit that is fun to play with; you can’t just hold left click infinitely and be providing your team with huge heals, you have to monitor your healing resource in conjunction with your ability to refill it.

Ultimately this makes Moira an engaging hero, something she inherently lacks as a hero with otherwise low-demand mechanics. She’s capable of these big saves and pushes, but it isn’t just given to her, it’s something she needs to think ahead about. “Do I blast all my healing at once and have nothing for the follow-up battle?” “Can I recharge easily off the enemy team, or are there too many obstacles preventing that?” “How does this relate to my cooldowns and what my team needs?”

Nerfs can be engaging and fun if they make the hero more challenging or more dynamic, requiring more effort for a suitable reward. Historically, Moira has gotten a ton of value out of a kit that demanded very little of her. The gimmick of her kit having a resource, in particular, was basically non-existent because of how much resource she could bank up on. By making these changes, they’ve put more power into those big heal moments, but ask more from Moira in order to do so.

These are positive changes that make her a more complex hero with more noticeable points of impact, and clearer windows of weakness.

“In my opinion, these changes make the hero more fun because it reroutes her power into areas that challenge the player to achieve better reward.”
“PLEASE stop the gaslighting, Heavy, I’m begging you.”

Read the above part of this post, it all applies the same. Moira’s more fun and active when her kit is oriented towards having to manage her resource. You don’t have to agree with me, I’m not trying to, like, hypnotize people into agreeing with me or something lol. I’m simply offering my perspective on Moira and arguing that she wasn’t “murdered” by nerfs that mostly shifted her power.

More than lately, folks around the forums have been so itchy, what gives?

1 Like

I’d say over all net its a nerf, but something like 70% nerf, 30% buff. thus making moira changes a balance shift.

Anti nade is propably the strongest Support abillity, but becauce of the Cooldown. I would rather have Coalecence, Nano or Window on a 10 sec CD then Nade, all Support ults are much stronger then a Nade. A big Nade is unreliable and if it would be a Ult you had to increase the range, duration, projectile speed and remove the casting time

Hey, you can’t use OWL to support your arguments. That’s not how the forum works…!

/s

I don’t disagree with your point, but I don’t think this is something new. Rather, I think it’s what they’ve been heading towards since the Moira HPS nerf last year (80 -> 65). All the post-release supports have had their healing output nerfed since then.

There are four shield tanks.