You Murdered Moira

Blizz, you completely murdered Moira. You completely ruined her and made her feel like crap to play. Congratulations. You nerfed her resource into the effing ground, nerfed her healing, and didn’t revert the healing orb nerf you made a while back. The ball travels too quickly now, doesn’t stay around long enough to get really good value before blasting off into oblivion at the speed of light, and the cooldown is too long, especially with the way her healing resource is now. You reverted all these other heroes, but left Moira with a huge nerf and failed to change to her orb. Good job. Who is in charge of your balance team? They don’t comprehend a single freakn’ change they make I don’t think. It’s been one failure after another when it comes to nerfs and buffs.

59 Likes

I don’t play Moira, but I feel your pain :frowning:

11 Likes

Moira was murdered by the first damage nerf. But you’re right.

6 Likes

They really gutted all 3 supports aka Moira, Bap and Brig but let Ana still dominate
at least if they let Moira cleanse antinade during use of fade at beginning to counter her

29 Likes

Moira feels only more interesting to play, and although she was overall nerfed, I would say the changes are in a very healthy direction for the character and I would definitely not say they “murdered her.” That’s just exaggerating way too much, especially considering that Moira is still definitely viable and as much fun to play as before.

I wouldn’t even say they “nerfed” Moira’s healing, but instead refocused her healing towards direct application rather than the spray-and-forget style that gave her way too much value. Moira’s resource is more restrictive, but that’s how the hero should be balanced, that she have a strong output of healing limited by a resource she needs to manage. You get higher heals when spraying teammates directly now, but you get less value out of the linger effect, which was giving Moira way too much value in an area she didn’t need it in.

Playing Moria now is way more engaging and fun. Her resource is genuinely something to play around now, rather than an awkward stop that rarely came up. Balancing her abilities and damage feels like a real challenge again, and the more restricted aim on her secondary fire amplifies that challenge by asking more from the player. There’s less easy value from Moira, but she gets rewarded more for being played correctly, able to recover her healing resource faster and keep her team up through greater amount of damage when needed.

Moira was far from murdered in this patch, and honestly, I think she’s one of the least justified to complain. I’m not sure what you’re doing wrong with Moria all of a sudden, but she’s definitely a fine hero that can be played in almost any circumstance and not be a hindrance to her team. These changes are all solid steps in the right direction towards balancing her.

25 Likes

Small tip for healing orb - aim it to the ground instead of directly to your teammates, it will stay in range much longer this way. It might solve at least one of your issues with Moira’s changes.

3 Likes

Absolutely not.
The meta simply doesnt favor Moira right now because everyone is too spread out to get the full value of her short range AoE healing.
Just isnt her meta.

9 Likes

Yes because when we were all grouped up behind barriers she was stomping on everybody

3 Likes

Um, all this “balance” change / power shift on Moira did is to encourage even more DPS Moira since her healing resource was gutted for barely any more HPS
You are forced to DPS Moira even more now with her because of these changes

2 Likes

With the caveat that it’s early days, since the Hog nerf happened less than a week ago: Moira’s pick rate seems to be recovering. It’s possible that, given time, she’ll be no worse off, or maybe even better than she was before. :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

I disagree a lot. She’s no more “forced” to DPS than she was before, and if she is truly “forced” to DPS, then it’s a result of her not managing her healing resource properly. Even then, because of the faster recharge on her resource, she’s encouraged to go back to healing, and the tighter angle on her beam further emphasizes that she shouldn’t be focusing on damage when she doesn’t need to. These changes make her trickier to play, but that’s a good thing because she’s existed this far as being one of the least demanding heroes in the game.

No one playing Moira correctly should feel like they’re forced to DPS Moira or something. She’s still best when played grouped up with her team, several nerfs over the past year have made her less and less effective at dealing damage. More so than ever I’d argue she’s more healing-oriented than before, geared towards big aoe heals on resources she is expected to manage.

If nothing else, playing Moira doesn’t feel substantially different than before. I’ve noticed myself run out of heal juice more often than before, as intended, but all that’s asked of me is to be more keenly aware of windows where I can recharge off an enemy. All in all Moira’s gameplay has just improved by having more to consider and having her value shifted more towards big heal moments. To me, they’ve simply made the most fun hero in the game even more engaging.

5 Likes

OWL players refer to having to play Moira as “moira prison”. That’s all you need to know.

Moira can’t be any good, because she is not fun to play for esport superstars. :hugs:

6 Likes

They literally nerfed her healing.

15 Likes

Moira is actually good now and seeing more pro play.

They actually buffed her healing overall if u way the good and bad

1 Like

They literally buffed its direct application from 65 HPS to 70 HPS, and nerfed its lingering duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds. They also literally buffed her recharge consumption on her secondary fire, and literally nerfed how much resource is used when spraying.

So when you consider all that, you see less that Moira was nerfed and more so that her power was shifted, sort of like what I said here:

Weird how that’s the exact sentence you quoted me from and yet you didn’t read the entire sentence, I guess.

5 Likes

she’s played a decent amount in owl though, with a pickrate very close to ana’s (41% vs 42%)

if she wasn’t good she wouldn’t be played

Yeah it sucks, but blizzard did say that their goals were to nerf Moira.

Players were complaining too much that Moira was effective against flankers.

I do not thinl she got murdered, but i have to admit that OWL plays with oldpatch before the changes

They literally nerfed it from 80 to 70. This, among many other nerfs. You aren’t the sharpest tool in the tool box.

1 Like

As a Moira main, Moira is still fine. She can still turn a matches’s tide.