You didn’t fix any of anas major problems

Playing around healthpacks is a must for Ana, not only are you able to heal people from far away but by hanging around those you can lure enemies into you and sleep dart them under your conditions

1 Like

She is definately under tuned. Most everyone is telling you that; Overbuff and Omnic meta are telling you that; and yet like an ostrich you bury the facts simply because it’s inconvenient to your argument.

A beautiful theory is nice and all except when it obviously doesn’t work. When that happens the right thing to do is to discard it for something else that does.

It doesn’t matter how they tune her ultimately (wall climb, self heal, better hit n DPS) so long if at the end of the day most of your player base and game statistics match with the fact of her being balanced.

A magic trick ain’t magic anymore once you know how it works. In the case of Ana it’s pretty obvious to us all that the hype of her clearly doesn’t match her reality.

1 Like

O.o two people with the same name wow

The swap is not because Ana sucks, they play professionally they HAVE to win, you or me or anyone in this discussion is NOT subjected to the same pressure professionals do, we can make Ana work in our ranks with enough knowledge and game sense

Now if what you argue is that you wanna see more Ana in OWL I’ll say that will never happen, there is not a world where Ana can take the spot from the likes of Mercy but that’s the point, she shouldn’t, she is a mechanically intense character who rewards those who want to play a mechanically intense healer, period

1 Like

That’s not the point. She’s a support healer for a reason. She is there to turn the tide of battle and heal. That’s her job. And if she can’t do that job efficiently, then changes need to be made

2 Likes

Who says Ana isn’t doing her work?? others do a better a Job maybe but the things that Ana can do no other healer can, CC and debuff are Ana’s main thing, no other healer can output as much disruption as Ana can and THAT has a crazy huge value that people looooove to overlook

She. Is. A. Healer. All of the other healer output generally the same amount, but for Ana, it’s impossible to do properly without the right mechanisms. I.e. some sort of self healing passive ability and mobility to escape dives. All other healers have it which makes them more viable. Therefore Ana is not balanced properly to keep up with the development of the game

Her core values are not as a distraction. That is the job of a DPS, not a healer

O.o two people with the same name wow

You’re the one that brought them up specifically.

You keep talking about OWL like everyone cares about the league itself… the reason they bring it up is because they’re the peak players in the game (give or take). That their skill should be what lets Ana shine. But it doesn’t. Even in ladder play.

I do agree she is undertuned though, underpowered? definitely not

The buffs on the ptr will increase her damage output and I would even believe her healing as well, they got rid of pre-heal but number wise that was never accounted, I really don’t think she’s that far off as people want to make it seem and if you want to you can bookmark this comment, after the buffs on the ptr she’ll be on a more stable spot

We don’t overlook it. Most of the people telling you this also play Ana.

You are either overlooking or not understanding because of the people that you play with that her disruption isn’t consistent. A grenade that you use to heal yourself from random chip damage ceases to be good. Antiheal is such a unique and powerful utility but even among the best Ana players it’s not translated into actual success.

Against people that know what they’re doing it’s far too easy to exploit Ana in ways that the other supports don’t have to worry about. She has strengths but her unique weaknesses far overshadow them.

There is a case to be made to play up the strengths of any character in this game. No other character provides a sheild gen or teleporter like Symettra does. That doesn’t change that she’s a garbage character.

Why should a character that was designed as a Main Healer ever be niche? Especially niche to the point that there’s like 1 of a thousand scenarios where picking her over Moira or Mercy would be advantageous, and in the rest she’s a detriment to her team, or at least not anywhere near as productive as the other two can be?

Anecdotally, in all my time in comp save for two seasons, no one has ever complained about any other support picks I’ve made aside from Ana and Sym. I’ve had people tell me “Yeah, x could work, but x might work better”. But once Ana is picked it’s “No, we don’t need an Ana”, or “Get off Ana”. People know even when she’s in the right hands that she’s going to struggle, because randoms don’t want to babysit you the whole game. Even in an organized pre-made Ana requires more effort to assist for less return than any other support.

3 Likes

It’s hype. You don’t chose a hero solely for its utility. You first chose it for its ability to fill a role — healer, DPS or Tank; then afterwards you look at utility to differentiate between two equitable picks.

If a hero can’t do its basic role well then no utility you can add to it will make it viable. You don’t pick a hero for a situational circumstance that may or may not happen in a match. They first have to do their job effectively. Dead Ana’s can’t heal and she dies an awful lot, mate.

2 Likes

Preaching to the choir man. I think blizzard should think about giving her a more mobile escape option like Moira’s dash or mercy’s fly away to safety and the like. And probably a way to self heal, either passively or like moira’s damage for heals thing

I’m the one playing Ana too and believe it or not, my disruption is particularly consistent and I still use nade on myself way more than I should, lately I’ve been getting praised more and more because a good Ana wrecks havoc on low ranks

She is not designed as a Main healer, I mean not in the sense of a constant healing output, if you play her as just a healer then I can see why you are frustrated with her, she has stuff like a healer but just like Moira she is also about damage, an Ana who just heals during a game is losing half of her kit

it’s like playing Lucio with healing song playing ALL the time, yes it’s kind of effective and makes him sort of a reliable healer but you are losing on what makes him really strong and even viable, speed song has a ton more utility and is far more useful than healing, why would you not use it?

You do realize she is in the support/healer category for a reason right? That’s her job, her entire character is built around this aspect. And she’s not meeting the healing output needed to be balanced. If you’re wanting her to be a DPS which sounds like ya do, then I think that’s a whole other (and really stupid) topic

So is Zennyatta, your point?

She has more healing than Zennyatta… again, your point?

I’m confused, you’re saying that she’s supposed to be a mechanically intense character and yet it’s okay that OWL professionals, the most mechanically skilled players in the world, don’t use her? If they can’t make her work, who can?

4 Likes

No, what I’m saying is that OWL players can get similar value out of less mechanically intensive characters which leaves them space to focus on other stuff, they are all about optimizing gameplay and Ana requires quite a bit of focus, they won’t pick her, ever unless they wash her down to the level of Mercy and Moira and I don’t want that

Ooh ooh! I know! I know!..

What is a bot?

This is the idea I’ve been sticking to on the self-heal issue.

Hold down Reload to start a cast time

The Concept: She’s pulling out a shot and injecting herself with it.

The Limitations:

• 1 shot= 1 shot of health for herself, shouldn’t be higher.
  • The time to self administer it shouldn’t take more time than it should to reload the gun.

I’d call that idea extremely balanced of a concept, since I’m sure every Ana player has seen that scenario of someone really needed healed when they had to reload.

1 Like